Mission: Rylemites are defined by the 5 core principles they follow- Transformation, Vision, Loyalty, Passion and Success. We have confidence in the revitalizing power of Transformation. We have a Vision for what we can achieve. We have Loyalty to our clients, to our candidates and to ...
I worked at Rylem full-time (More than a year)
- Taking early ownership of your own work
- Recruiting training was thorough and had structure, good environment for people who are looking to transition into recruiting or looking for a career straight out of college
- Promotes communication (selling, negotiating, diplomacy) and administrative skills
- Welcomes new ideas all the time
- Small company, promotes positivity and collaboration in what is traditionally a competitive, insular line of work
- Very goal-oriented culture, not just professional but the owners care about your personal goals too
- Encouraged to stay in touch with our candidates post-placement
- Some group activities I liked were the book club, game night, boat day & bbq in the summer
- Fast promotion and salary increases in the first year, decent benefits
- Rylem welcomes all kinds of personalities, but to be successful in agency-style recruiting, you definitely have to have driven, scrappy, and competitive. Not competitive in the sense you're racing against your coworkers, but recruiters from other agencies. This kind of mentality encourages interacting with candidates and clients before/after work hours, which could interfere with work/life balance.
- Sales (business development) is clearly the toughest area, you have to be the kind of person who doesn't mind going after thin leads and cold-calling, as well as being very persuasive in-person.
- There was a period when all we had were contests (who could call the most, who could make the highest margin, etc.) which were entertaining at first but became annoying and pushy over time.
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rylem.
The interview process is great. My recruiter Erin McFadden provides me an interview package and helps me prepare interviews.
She is also responsible. She is doing a great job in searching a right position for me. She is willing to follow up with her clients and find a right working environment for me.
Let us know if we're missing any workplace or industry recognition –