SAIF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAIF Interview Questions

Interviews at SAIF

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIF.

Interview

I applied 3 days before the job posting closed. I was called about two weeks later to set a time for a group interview. An email confirmation was received the next day with basic instructions as to show up early, allow time to park and where to park.

It was a 4 person panel interview with 6 other candidates. They introduced themselves and we introduced ourselves as the icebreaker. They asked us a general question which we took turns answering individually then were given a team exercise to place a typical day into a priority list numbered 1-10. We had 10 minutes to read, discuss and arrange our answers. Once time was up we reviewed our team answers and discussed why we prioritized the way we did. It was a fun exercise and a great way to show off team organizational skills, leadership ability, listening, and attention to detail.

We were advised we'd hear back within the next 2 weeks if we made it to the 2nd round, that was a Tuesday.

I received a second call on Thursday to schedule a two on one 2nd round interview for the following Monday. Again, email confirmation was sent and advised to arrive at least 15 minutes early. I was given a paper with the interview questions I would be asked and I was able to take my own notes and review those questions until my interviewer arrived.

I interviewed with two of the four persons from the original panel interview (it is helpful to pay attention to their names) as I was able to remember them and address them by name rather than a reintroduction.

They asked basic behavior based questions and left it open for any questions I may have had.

I then met with the trainer who had me review a scenario, determine and support my answer and write my answer and reasoning on a word document. I was given 10 minutes.

Once she returned we reviewed their computer system, allowed for me to ask questions and see how a normal workday would flow.

I was advised t would be up to a two week waiting period to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a difficult customer you were unable to help. What were the issues and how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Describe your understanding of the job description and how your training and background make you an ideal candidate.   Answer Question
    • Which tasks do you enjoy most/least and how do you manage them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was satisfied with salary offered.

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Bend, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

SAIF uses the same questions over and over and spends no time trying to get to know you. Expect no small talk. Most the questions are easy: Tell us about your experience with covert surveillance. Explain a time you had to multi-task.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SAIF (Salem, OR) in February 2019.

Interview

I first did a phone screen. Followed by a panel of 4 interview where they asked various programming questions. I then interviewed again with a subset of the development team where it was a very informal Q & A to help each other get to know if we're a good fit. Next step they sent me an e-mail indicating they wanted 3 supervisor references, permission to conduct a criminal background check, and to sign a waiver allowing them to ask my previous employers a variety of questions. Dates of employment, positions held, salary and wages (now illegal in Oregon), quality and quanity of my work, attendence habits, relationship with coworkers and supervisors, attitude toward work, reason for leaving and rehire, strong and weak points, Whether I have a temper, or are hostile, or other relevant experiences regarding performance, skills, ability , suitability for employment.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate and describe technical issues to non technical people.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIF.

Interview

Human Resources recruiter emailed to schedule a screening call - we never spoke. Screening was with the hiring manager. Onsite interview with a few people on a panel. Skills sample at the end. HR was not responsive when I asked for updates.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SAIF (Salem, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for two jobs and received an email response a couple weeks later requesting some work samples for one of them. I went in for a three person panel interview in which I was the only interviewee. I was given instructions on where to park and when I arrived they gave me the interview questions in the waiting room for me to look at (which I thought was really great.) The interview was fairly laid back and conversational, and I could tell the panel wanted me to feel comfortable and be myself. I received a call back a few days later for a second interview and tour of the work area. After that I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SAIF's brand and online media presence?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Salem, OR).

Interview

there was a phone interview and then an intense panel interview with different people asking quesitons. there was also a written portion of the interview. the tour of the facility was also actually part of the interview as they asked the tour guide what questions you asked. the process took a long time and there were many people interviewed. it was over a month from the date that i applied online until i was offered the position. after hiring as a trainee, there is an intense training program that culminates in a test for certification. the test must be passed in order to continue on with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Salem, OR) in January 2019.

Interview

The initial interview was a group interview. I believe there were about 3 rounds with 10 people each group interview. It felt like you had to steam roll other people to get a word in edge wise because everyone was 'trying to shine.' There were 3 people interviewing you, with 5 people total in the room. The initial group interview had a bunch of generic questions they went around the room with, and then a group exercise where you worked out a workers comp. situation together. After discussing they go around the room and you answer questions about the conclusions you came to. Lastly, on the group interview you did a writing essay. The 2nd interview was 5 people in a room asking you questions, that you got beforehand when you show up. After the questions are through you are given a tour of the facility with a employee who you can ask additional questions to (by his words, that you dont want to ask in an interview). I assume he would then meet back with the 5 interviewers and do a debrief of sorts. The overall process was very sterile. You are not really expected to show a personality. After walking the floor and going through the interview process it was a position/company that was very robot-like.

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied for the job and within 3 days was sent an email to set up a face to face interview. The interview was pretty straightforward with a team of 3 people.

I was contacted 3-4 days later to submit to a background check and provide references. A week after that I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What did you find most rewarding and most stressful at your previous position?   Answer Question

Claims Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in August 2018.

Interview

It was four people interviewing and they typed all your answers. It was fairly easy and they gave you a lot of time to prepare for the interview before hand

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked as a team.   1 Answer

Premium Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

I received a call from an HR rep about three days after application deadline. They rep was polite and asked to schedule a telephone interview. She confirmed the day and time in a email sent a few minutes later. It was exactly one week away.

A supervisor and another associate called to conduct the phone interview. It lasted about a half hour and consisted of basic scripted questions such as: Why do you feel you are qualified? Can you define good customer service? The last question was whether if I had any questions. They closed the interview by asking if I would be available for a second interview. No second interview date was set at this time.

One week later, another HR rep called to set up a panel interview in the Portland Office. There was not much notice. The day of the call was a Wednesday and the interview was on a Friday. The rep sent a confirmation email with directions and parking information. Upon arriving early (about 30 minutes or so) I was provided a list of interview questions to study. The receptionist gave me this list about 15 minutes before my interview time. There were 8 questions. Questions examples were: What makes you qualified for this position? What personal standards do you set for yourself? What is good customer service?

The panel consisted of four individuals. Three were from the premium audit division while the fourth was an underwriter. The interview took about 50 minutes. It was a comfortable interview and I beleived I answered the questions well.

I was then asked to take a writing test. The test consisted of a small room with a desktop computer w/ MS Word. There were instructions describing an audit scenario and they test asked me to narrate my approach to audit that risk. It appears they were trying to judge my writing skills more than my auditing knowledge.

The receptionist validated my parking and the the person running the skills test wished me good luck. I left the interview feeling it went pretty well and was conducted professionally.

I'm still waiting on word whether I will be offered the position. The interview was last week and the main interviewer stated I would know by this week.