SAIF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SAIF Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.8

Safety Consultant Interview

Interview

two interviews, first was on the phone. Got the questions 15 min in advance which was nice. there were 3 people on each interview panel. there was a writing exercise and I had to analyze loss data. Interview was 45 minutes long and they were serious about the time frames.

Interview Questions

• what is the first thing you will do when you start working with a customer?   Answer Question

Safety Management Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SAIF in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with two individuals that were very disinterested and very obviously going through the motions of interviewing. It's interesting because there are hires in this position with Saif that had 6 months of experience or less which is scary. Even top level certification in safety with experience gets paid a fraction of what other professionals in safety make.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIF.

Interview

I applied 3 days before the job posting closed. I was called about two weeks later to set a time for a group interview. An email confirmation was received the next day with basic instructions as to show up early, allow time to park and where to park.

It was a 4 person panel interview with 6 other candidates. They introduced themselves and we introduced ourselves as the icebreaker. They asked us a general question which we took turns answering individually then were given a team exercise to place a typical day into a priority list numbered 1-10. We had 10 minutes to read, discuss and arrange our answers. Once time was up we reviewed our team answers and discussed why we prioritized the way we did. It was a fun exercise and a great way to show off team organizational skills, leadership ability, listening, and attention to detail.

We were advised we'd hear back within the next 2 weeks if we made it to the 2nd round, that was a Tuesday.

I received a second call on Thursday to schedule a two on one 2nd round interview for the following Monday. Again, email confirmation was sent and advised to arrive at least 15 minutes early. I was given a paper with the interview questions I would be asked and I was able to take my own notes and review those questions until my interviewer arrived.

I interviewed with two of the four persons from the original panel interview (it is helpful to pay attention to their names) as I was able to remember them and address them by name rather than a reintroduction.

They asked basic behavior based questions and left it open for any questions I may have had.

I then met with the trainer who had me review a scenario, determine and support my answer and write my answer and reasoning on a word document. I was given 10 minutes.

Once she returned we reviewed their computer system, allowed for me to ask questions and see how a normal workday would flow.

I was advised t would be up to a two week waiting period to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a difficult customer you were unable to help. What were the issues and how did you manage?   Answer Question
    • Describe your understanding of the job description and how your training and background make you an ideal candidate.   Answer Question
    • Which tasks do you enjoy most/least and how do you manage them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was satisfied with salary offered.

Bilingual Safety Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Salem, OR).

Interview

Online application limited in duration and amount of information I could provide. Consistent responses to electronic submission, maybe above average for keeping appraised of status. Phone interview to start. Panel on call, some difficulty with blue-tooth reception on their end so had to hold phone, limited options for taking notes.

Interview Questions

• Panel member was not aware they only wanted 10 years of work history and so was surprised at an answer that involved work outside of that time period. Another panel member was aware. Seemed to be some surprise on their side of the phone when I pointed out the explicit instruction to limit my history.   Answer Question

Investigator Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, Received an email to schedule a phone interview 3 days after the job posting closed. Basic customer service scripted questions. Two days after the phone interview I was scheduled for a panel interview. Basic 4 person interview with behavioral based questions. Please describe a time where you had a difficult time at work, how did you handle it. 30 min panel interview, followed by a two person mock interview. 5 minutes to ask questions about a claim 10 minutes to write a report. ended with a tour the tour guide is also an interviewer so ask questions. following the interview i heard nothing back from SAIF for 3 weeks, and ultimately received an email stating they had chose to go another route. The process took way too long. over two months.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Salem, OR).

Interview

there was a phone interview and then an intense panel interview with different people asking quesitons. there was also a written portion of the interview. the tour of the facility was also actually part of the interview as they asked the tour guide what questions you asked. the process took a long time and there were many people interviewed. it was over a month from the date that i applied online until i was offered the position. after hiring as a trainee, there is an intense training program that culminates in a test for certification. the test must be passed in order to continue on with the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating

Premium Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online via SAIF.com about two weeks prior to the job deadline. I got a call about 10 days after the deadline date for a phone interview. The phone interview took place the following week with two Premium Audit Supervisors. There were 6 basic questions which lasted about 20 minutes. I think it went fairly well. HR called back 10 days later to schedule a panel interview at their Portland office. This was on a Friday and the interview is for Thursday.

Prior to the interview, you get to review the 7 questions that will be asked during the interview. The conversation was casual and pleasant. The interview lasted only 30 minutes and there was no type of skills testing afterwards. I think it went well and received an email from HR later in the day asking approval for a background and reference check. I returned the documents within the day.

Interview Questions

• Name one technical skill you believe your are an authority on?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bend, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Bend, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

SAIF uses the same questions over and over and spends no time trying to get to know you. Expect no small talk. Most the questions are easy: Tell us about your experience with covert surveillance. Explain a time you had to multi-task.

Premium Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

I received a call from an HR rep about three days after application deadline. They rep was polite and asked to schedule a telephone interview. She confirmed the day and time in a email sent a few minutes later. It was exactly one week away.

A supervisor and another associate called to conduct the phone interview. It lasted about a half hour and consisted of basic scripted questions such as: Why do you feel you are qualified? Can you define good customer service? The last question was whether if I had any questions. They closed the interview by asking if I would be available for a second interview. No second interview date was set at this time.

One week later, another HR rep called to set up a panel interview in the Portland Office. There was not much notice. The day of the call was a Wednesday and the interview was on a Friday. The rep sent a confirmation email with directions and parking information. Upon arriving early (about 30 minutes or so) I was provided a list of interview questions to study. The receptionist gave me this list about 15 minutes before my interview time. There were 8 questions. Questions examples were: What makes you qualified for this position? What personal standards do you set for yourself? What is good customer service?

The panel consisted of four individuals. Three were from the premium audit division while the fourth was an underwriter. The interview took about 50 minutes. It was a comfortable interview and I beleived I answered the questions well.

I was then asked to take a writing test. The test consisted of a small room with a desktop computer w/ MS Word. There were instructions describing an audit scenario and they test asked me to narrate my approach to audit that risk. It appears they were trying to judge my writing skills more than my auditing knowledge.

The receptionist validated my parking and the the person running the skills test wished me good luck. I left the interview feeling it went pretty well and was conducted professionally.

I'm still waiting on word whether I will be offered the position. The interview was last week and the main interviewer stated I would know by this week.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SAIF (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

I received a call from an HR rep. to set a phone interview about 3 days after the close of the application process. The phone interview was conducted by two people and was very structured and limited to 30 minutes. Some of the questions asked were things like "why do you think you are qualified etc..." There were also a few situational questions. Two days after the phone interview I was again contacted by an HR rep. and invited to an in person panel interview. The HR rep. sent an email confirming date time and location. Upon arrival 15 minutes early I was given a list of 8 situational questions which I could review. At the time of the interview the panel took turns asking the same situational questions and took extensive written notes. After the panel interview I was asked to type a letter to a fictitious treating physician and then taken on a tour of the facility.

The facility was very nice and appears to be a great place to work. I was very excited about the prospect of joining this organization. The whole process was positive and I felt like they were looking to screen me in and not screen me out. The set up of the interview room was ideal for a panel interview and the interviewers were very nice to speak with.

About 7 business days later (the discussion in the interview was 5 business days) I was contacted by a person who had NOT been a part of the process and was told they chose to go with someone else. I was a little disappointed. I might be just irritated about not getting the job, but the person who called to tell me I was not going to be offered the job was extremely unprofessional and spoke in valley-girlish tone and manner. It kind of leaves a bad impression when you feel you may get a job that requires professional demeanor and then receive a call from "barbie" saying to keep applying. I will keep applying but, have yet to decide whether I will at SAIF again or not. My interaction with "barbie" left a bad taste in my mouth.