SITA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SITA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2017

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SITA.

Interview

Took 2 weeks to get the initial meeting scheduled after the hiring manager asking TA to schedule the meeting. Then the TA lead missed the appointment. Then it took another week before rescheduling. Then 2 weeks went by and no updates despite me following up twice.

Selfish, inconsiderate and disregarding of the candidate experience. This interaction with SITA TA itself has turned me off from wanting to work there now or in the future.

Interview Questions

• TA spent too much time focusing on side projects and not the core job. I asked multiple questions about the core job but the conversation kept steering towards pet projects the TA person values and culture. And too much time proclaiming how great the person leaving the job was.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bohemia, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SITA (Bohemia, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

They made a full review of my work experience, asking for as much details as possible from each project I have worked. The MsC degree contributed a lot but due to a lack of experience in Azure platform I was dismissed.

ITIL Service Transition Service Improvement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

Grueling, without a good reason - two hours in the middle of the day - could not arrange for another time. Difficult for an employed person to accommodate. Panel Interview first - described the initiative this role is for, then all the challenges they face trying to succeed at it. Then a second, one on one interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• Only situational questions - "Tell me about a time..." Nothing about my skills set or how I could help SITA accomplish its goals.   Answer Question

SITA Response

Jun 15, 2016 – Director, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I am passionate about creating a positive candidate experience throughout the entire recruitment process and I’m sorry that we have clearly... More

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Process was quick after going through a recruiter, who did the initial screening. One on-site interview with hiring manager and HR manager. One telephone interview with director in company headquarters (Europe). Nothing was asked beyond the norm - background, skills, major projects, etc. Went off my resume and asked me to elaborate on specific items of interest.

Manager- Technical Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was highly technical on VHF operations, ground networks towards Airborne communications. It was a challenging interview and one needed to come well prepared.

On the flip side, it took SITA more than five months to get me a reimbursement for the rental car used to drive to their facility from the airport. It appears their HR processes aren't streamlined for timely reimbursement. Both the HR Talent Acquisition specialist and myself had completely lost hope on the reimbursement due to the complex procedures within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Q1. How would you trouble-shoot or, rectify a VHF ground issue?
      Q2. Where would you commence to troubleshoot?
      Q3. How would you manage the challenges within the organization?   1 Answer

Regional VHF Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I interviewed over 10 years ago so memories are very vague and really not relevant to the style of interviews carried out today. The Manager I interviewed with and the HR staff I worked with are no longer with the company. This information Is very outdated and not applicable to a candidate interviewing today.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job online. I was immediately called by the recruiting company who introduced my resume to the hiring manager. I had to answer several questions for the agency which was part of their screening process. They sent my resume & information to the hiring manager who had an initial telephone interview with me. I was then passed to the next level which was a SKYPE interview with the Geography President who apparently interviews all candidates they hire. From there I was flown to Atlanta to give a one-hour presentation and met face-to-face with 5 people on site.

Interview Questions

• Is sales an art or a science?   1 Answer

Senior Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SITA in August 2014.

Interview

The Manager was professional and courteous and the phone screen went well. She advised me that the internal recruiter that I had spoken with would get back to me with the next steps in the process. It was a basic overall interview, not very heavy on the technical details, what you would expect for a round one.

Interview Questions

• I was able to answer all the technical questions with ease and came up with several good questions for the manager.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Replied to the add on the web site sending full information. After 3 weeks I had heard nothing but add was still posted so I called HR, an administrator, and even the region president and got no response. Finally after leaving five messages over two months the HR head left me a voice mail advising they were interested in talking with me and he would be in touch. Then I got a two sentence e mail from the president saying he was in Latin America but he would be in touch when he got back. Three weeks later I left an additional message and sent a Fedex letter overnight. Again, I got a voice mail from HR saying they would be in touch and were interested. I accepted a role with another company three weeks later, have never heard again from SITA.

Interview Questions

• They asked where I lived and close I was to their office.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SITA (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone screen with contractor/hr representative. Then phone interview with hiring manager and with future colleague. Then video interview with hiring manager. Then another phone interview with manger/colleague. Offer from HR after 2 months of talks over the phone.