Cover image for SITA

70 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SITA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great benefits

Jul 24, 2022 - Head of Department in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

With more years vacations are longer and benefits are larger

Cons

Limited options in life insurance

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nov 8, 2022 - Project Manager in Miamisburg, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Latest technology - Exciting opportunities in aviation

Cons

- New executive leadership making changes within company

3. Join the SITA team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Great Benefits, low salaries

Oct 22, 2022 - Infrastructure Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, work life balance is great. Learn new technologies

Cons

Low salaries, no promotions, low pay increases. Too many reorganizational changes in the last year.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Challenging Environment

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Multicultural Decent Benefits Interesting Industry While few indications of a successful turn-around currently, always a possibility. Even more so given new leadership. Its always darkest before the dawn?

Cons

Staff morale poor New CEO comes off as caring little about the employees Fear of new CEO and his reputation of being ruthless Concern that Sr mgmt will be returning to days of autocratic rule Unless speak french, expect challenges of getting into Sr. leadership Poor leadership over the years at SVP, VP, and Director levels Compensation below market levels Talent exiting across the company at all levels

5 people found this review helpful

SITA Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, it is important to us and we use it to improve the experience of current and future employees. We have great diversity at SITA, it is a dimension of our culture that is highly valued by our employees, we are a truly international organization. Our 4,300+ permanent, fixed-term, and student employees are based in over 120 countries, representing over 130 nationalities and 60 languages. The diversity of thinking and experience enables our teams to come up with superior customer solutions and business challenges resolution. It is particularly important for us to attract, engage and retain a diverse talent pool, reflective of the customers, end-users and communities we serve and operate in. Diversity and an inclusive culture are a competitive advantage. As you know the air transport industry is exiting a major crisis but we believe in the importance of connecting the world and are continuing to be committed to the industry that is undertaking an important transformation for itself and for a more sustainable world. At SITA are working tirelessly on making that transformation possible and understand that the change might not be an easy one. But it is for a better tomorrow, for all. Our people are our greatest asset, they are at the heart of all we do, and without them, nothing would be possible. We pride ourselves on taking care of them both through our benefits and wellbeing offering but also through crisis support and access to our employee assistance program. We want to give our people the flexibility they need to “be their best” every day and support their work/life balance. This is why we work flexibly with a 3 days hybrid work policy plus 6 weeks ‘work from anywhere’. Our salaries are set against market and country-specific benchmarks to ensure people feel motivated and that we, as an organization, are aligned with the industry. Our talent attrition has been historically below the benchmark and this continues to be the case today, even as employee mobility is accelerating. Thank you again for your message, please feel free to email us at WeListen@sita.aero if you wish to share more about your experience.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Aug 27, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting work, multi national and multi cultural environment

Cons

Can be bureaucratic, processes take time.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The worst

Oct 3, 2022 - Technical Field Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of paid time off available

Cons

poor communication absent and very poor management. no direction the new CEO is a conceited narcissist HR doesn't know how to perform their duties

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0

Engineer

Mar 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Life Balance (although since Covid has been a bit out of whack due to layoff) Work from home Training People

Cons

Salary low Bonus has been low Career progression Layoff/Force Retirement (lately due to Covid)

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company

Jul 12, 2022 - Appliacation Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good business values. Opportunity for growth.

Cons

Lower than industry average Salary.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Heading in the right direction

Jan 7, 2022 - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

SITA has survived the Covid crisis so far and is heading in the right direction. The "new" CEO (who came in 5 years ago) has really changed the company's competency and culture (in very good ways). She also had to make tough decisions about certain products to continue or not continue (which had not been done in years). I am sure not everybody was happy about the decisions (especially those impacted) but I personally thing they were the right ones.

Cons

This is not necessarily a con but a risk... The "new" CEO (see Pros) just left the company unexpectedly at the end of 2021 (at least, unexpectedly to the rank and file). There is now a search on for a new one. Fortunately, she (the previous CEO now) has set things in place so that the new(er) CEO can build on her success... but... there is always the potential for an adverse impact but such a change.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

May 15, 2022 - Field Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and good enviroment.

Cons

I dont think there is anything wrong with Sita.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 967 Reviews
</>Embed

SITA Reviews FAQs

SITA has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,184 reviews left anonymously by employees. 74% of employees would recommend working at SITA to a friend and 59% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SITA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SITA. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

74% of SITA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SITA 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SITA to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with SITA Job Seekers