SITA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard
Barbara Dalibard

Pros
  • Great Place to work/ good work life balance (in 23 reviews)

• Good Benefits, autonomy to complete your job as necessary with in company/departmental procedures (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management focusing on out sourcing (in 17 reviews)

• Poor work life balance at times (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"SITA people are very passionate about what they do"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

I've worked at SITA for many years and while every large organization has it's frustrating processes, I find SITA a great place to work. Amazingly dedicated people, amazing brains, truly global - I have traveled all over the world and I now have friends in many different countries as a result. I have enjoyed working here and would recommend it. I have worked hard and been able to progress over the years and now lead my own hardworking a dedicated teams.

Cons

Some processes but you learn how to work with them successfully if you're smart

Jun 16, 2016 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. As an organization we take great pride in providing all employees with a positive experience and I am really pleased to hear that we are living ... More

2. "Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Global firm with wide array of products. Great people to work with.

Cons

Heavily bureaucratic, very slow decision making. Often behind the curve with offerings needed or wanted by the customer. Badly understaffed at present.

May 15, 2017 – Kenneth Pennington, Human Resources, US Manager

We are proud of our products but more than that we are proud of our employees. One of the big focus of the transformation program, we have in place, is to simplify processes, be more efficient so we ... More

"Sita is a good company if you're in the right area."

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sita is a world wide company which makes managing it difficult. However it has a laid back environment with challenging opportunities. It's broad range of technologies that are supported makes it an ideal place to learn and grow.

Cons

Sita is a top heavy management structure which makes it difficult culture to gain one unified strategy or direction.

Advice to Management

Collaborate with senior management more on strategy and direction and be sure that everyone delivers the same message from the top down.

"In it for the long run"

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people. Interesting, multinational environment

Cons

Going through changes and some people are having a hard time dealing with it

Advice to Management

Stay transparent

May 15, 2017 – Human Resources, US Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes, we’re going through change. And like most changes not everyone finds change easy. But we are doing all we can to make sure the changes are handled with care ... More

"Used to be a great place to work...but not now"

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be a great place to work, strong corporate values, treated employees very, very well. The benefits are still very good and offer plenty of time off and generous vacation pay. Until this year, always paid full annual bonus to almost all employees.

Cons

HEAVY downsizing, outsourcing to India, New CEO is axing everyone for cheaper labor. Your no longer a valued employee, but just a cost that needs to be cut. 30% reduction in ATL alone planned.

Advice to Management

There are better ways to save money than outsource and lay people off. Outsourcing has been proven to reduce productivity and that really doesn't save you any money in the long run, does it? Many other companies already figured that one out...guess you're behind the curve again. What you need to do is innovate and create value in the marketplace. The old ways of doing business aren't going to work anymore.

Mar 30, 2017 – President, Americas

Hi and thank you for your comments. Our industry is very competitive and fast-paced and we need to speed up our evolution to continue to be a strong player in the market. We are going through a ... More

"Don't go there. Disastrous organization. Especially in the USA."

Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is still a large organization. Good people work there.

Cons

No direction. Blame game. Leaders looking for people to dismiss. One of their divisions is doing bad, so always looking to cut loyal employees. Don't waste your time. I wish I hadn't wasted 2 years of my career there.

Advice to Management

Top heavy. More chiefs than Indians. Alot of people directing traffic, but no one actually doing anything. Very frustrating. Europeans feel superior. They aren't. Get rid of the directors who aren't doing anything but laying blame and laying people off. PPT rules. Everyone knows that PPT organizations are a joke.

Mar 28, 2017 – Human Resources, US Manager

Hi and thank you for sharing your feedback. SITA is a diverse global organization with a number of strengths, one of which (you are right to say) is our people. As an organization, we’re changing our ... More

"Manager"

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If one can survive the announced layoffs that are coming up (Jan-Mar, 2017) and one can stomach knowing they work for a company that drastically reduced its severance package policy AFTER making the announcement, then things should be pretty good although very, very busy since there is always a huge amount of work and now there will be less people to do it. There was a reduction of 300 (out of 4500+) that was just announced (Jan 2017) but they also mentioned moving an undetermined number of roles to 'lower cost' areas over time which most people would interpret as there being less jobs in Atlanta and more in India.

In addition to the new CEO who apparently has done this before (e.g. come in and layoff people), our part of the company also has a new VP that reports to a new VP (which is not uncommon... contrbuter>manager>director>VP>VP>CEO). This was also something that the new CEO indicate was needed: flattening. I have never worked at a company that 80+ VPs (although I imagine that number will be reduced fairly soon).

Given that the company is not doing anywhere near as well as the big three GDS' who dominate the market (Amadeus, Sabre, Travelport), none of this is surprising. It will suck for those who get laid off (which may include yours truly) and it will be stressful for those that are left, but long-term it should be a good thing.

The company is actually a great place to work and the people are extremely knowledgeable about the airline industry and its customer needs. However, personally, for those thinking about coming here, I would wait until the dust settles and then see how the re-org is working out (stayed tuned here as I am sure the survivors will be able to share more afterwards).

PROS

Great people
    Great airline industry knowledge

Cons

Certain high-priced horribly run projects that led us to where we are.

Silos around the world and redundancies of certain solutions.

Change of severance policy right before laying off 100's of workers (legal but perceived as unethical and unfair by most (including those who think they will remain)).

Certain people (and pockets of people) have a 9 to 4 mentality which is probably another reason we are in the boat we are in.

Certain people (and pockets of people) have to go the extra mile (and do) to make up for the previously mentioned people which is probably why the need for layoffs didn't happen sooner.

Advice to Management

Good Luck!

Mar 7, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

Hi and thank you for your review. The energy and effort to give your prospective is greatly appreciated. Reductions in workforce and organization transformation programs are never easy messages ... More

9. "Stable job"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Terminals 1-5 will be doing well for a long time and LAWA likes the results
    Stable environment

Cons

Slow to move to upgrade - speed of LAWA - city is slow to get going
    DR for part of Airport Management Software is lacking

Advice to Management

LAWA needs to move ASAP to new VM platform
    2nd largest airport in US needs to fix DR and old setup

Feb 3, 2017 – Human Resources, US Manager

Thank you for your positive review, recommendation and outlook. I acknowledge that upgrades and changes take time, but as you said, LAWA terminals will be doing well for a long time. I hope that such ... More

10. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Global company brings the best of many cultures.

Cons

Too much reliance on offshore development resources undermines retaining internal intellectual property.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate the coming changes.

Jan 23, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback. Working for such a global company is one of the reasons I love working at SITA too.

11. "Great place"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Designer in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great people to work with. Plenty of training .Travel can get more than planned sometime.

Cons

Benefits were not that great.

Advice to Management

None

Dec 13, 2016 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that in your time with us you were able to develop your skills and I hope you are enjoying success in your new role.