SITA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard
Barbara Dalibard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Place to work/ good work life balance (in 31 reviews)

• Professional environment , good benefits and good culture (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management focusing on out sourcing (in 17 reviews)

• Some time work/life balance is hard to maintain (in 9 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great organization!"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Lots of perks. Rewarded employees fairly for their contributions, unlike the company i work for now.

Cons

off-hand i cannot think of any. It is a huge company. I worked one of their small contracts at the airport. Unfortunately, i only worked for them for a few short years before they lost the contract.

Advice to Management

n/a

Mar 16, 2018 – Head of Employee Experience

Thanks for sharing feedback about your time at SITA. It's great to hear you've had a positive experience and i wish you the best of luck in the future.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If one can survive the announced layoffs that are coming up (Jan-Mar, 2017) and one can stomach knowing they work for a company that drastically reduced its severance package policy AFTER making the announcement, then things should be pretty good although very, very busy since there is always a huge amount of work and now there will be less people to do it. There was a reduction of 300 (out of 4500+) that was just announced (Jan 2017) but they also mentioned moving an undetermined number of roles to 'lower cost' areas over time which most people would interpret as there being less jobs in Atlanta and more in India.

In addition to the new CEO who apparently has done this before (e.g. come in and layoff people), our part of the company also has a new VP that reports to a new VP (which is not uncommon... contrbuter>manager>director>VP>VP>CEO). This was also something that the new CEO indicate was needed: flattening. I have never worked at a company that 80+ VPs (although I imagine that number will be reduced fairly soon).

Given that the company is not doing anywhere near as well as the big three GDS' who dominate the market (Amadeus, Sabre, Travelport), none of this is surprising. It will suck for those who get laid off (which may include yours truly) and it will be stressful for those that are left, but long-term it should be a good thing.

The company is actually a great place to work and the people are extremely knowledgeable about the airline industry and its customer needs. However, personally, for those thinking about coming here, I would wait until the dust settles and then see how the re-org is working out (stayed tuned here as I am sure the survivors will be able to share more afterwards).

PROS

Great people
    Great airline industry knowledge

Cons

Certain high-priced horribly run projects that led us to where we are.

Silos around the world and redundancies of certain solutions.

Change of severance policy right before laying off 100's of workers (legal but perceived as unethical and unfair by most (including those who think they will remain)).

Certain people (and pockets of people) have a 9 to 4 mentality which is probably another reason we are in the boat we are in.

Certain people (and pockets of people) have to go the extra mile (and do) to make up for the previously mentioned people which is probably why the need for layoffs didn't happen sooner.

Advice to Management

Good Luck!

Mar 7, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

Hi and thank you for your review. The energy and effort to give your prospective is greatly appreciated.

Reductions in workforce and organization transformation programs are never easy messages... More

3. "Meh"

I have been working at SITA full-time

Pros

OT pay for working holidays

Cons

OT pay because working the holidays.

Mar 16, 2018 – Head of Employee Experience

Thanks for your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to me in person at welisten@sita.aero if there is anything you wish to discuss.

4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great industry, good people, generally interesting work

Cons

Slow, cautious approach to most everything.

Advice to Management

Improve the tools that we need to do our jobs.

Feb 28, 2018 – Head of Employee Experience

Hi and a big thank you for your feedback. It's great to hear that you are happy in your role.
    Your feedback is valuable and it has been shared with the management team so we can continue to develop... More

"Terrible Company to work for, high turn over rate."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bohemia, NY

I worked at SITA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Maintenance man is nice to talk to.

Cons

I never worked for a company that was this terrible. They are so disorganized that it is impossible to get any work done. They are very disrespectful to their fellow colleagues by always talking down to each other and insulting them. The culture is very disrespectful (ex: people intentionally show up late to meetings or not at all)

Management staff does nothing and is not involved where they need to be. There is no direction and tasks change every day depending on what the higher ups are screaming about today. There is also 0 communication between teams and many abandoned projects due to mismanagement and lack of communication.

High turn over rate so beware if you accept a position here. The facilities are also terrible, you are constantly walking across the street between two buildings that are falling apart.

Advice to Management

Manage your teams and do your jobs. Don't attend 11 meetings a day that don't do anything while abandoning the team you are supposed to manage. Get a clear understanding of what needs to be worked on and stick to it.

Mar 16, 2018 – Head of Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear that it didn’t work out for you. SITA values all employee opinions so I will make sure you comments are forwarded in the right direction.
    I wish you... More

"What did all the outsourcing and staff cuts get SITA?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mostly, a great globally connected cooperative with many excellent, highly knowledgeable people who remain deeply dedicated to SITA's success within the ATI. Should SITA eventually find the right balance, sticking to core values while accelerating to market with the Products and Services customers demand, it will remain a great place for anyone to have a meaningful career. I cherish every minute I was there contributing to SITA success, and continue to wish SITA every success in this very challenging global marketplace.

Cons

Picture this-first day of annual Sales Kickoff, the new CEO, acquired from SNCF, stands in front of all the Sales and Product leaders in attendance, and says she is laying off over 300 people right away, in a company of barely over 4000 globally.
    A reorganization which then drags on for months, while every employee is left wondering who is next? In N. America, SITA reduced the maximum severance by 6 months, in advance of letting people go. So much for loyalty to employees.
    SITA frequently struggles to remain relevant to the ATI customer demands, being too late to market in far too many instances, and then confused over why SITA sales get stagnant. Far more insidious is the deep silo mindset, with blame going everywhere,except to senior leadership, when Customers demand to get what they have paid for. downsizing, reorganizing of work centers, hiring new, younger faces, with outsourcing is seen as the new solution to everything. As always, time will tell.

Advice to Management

Repairs will probably follow this reorganization. Look further down the road than just the immediate future before making things much worse. Challenge long established leadership, from the SLT on down, to deliver by their Leadership, coaching and mentoring instead of just blame games, and seek out new manger blood to replace everyone if they prove ineffective! Too many supposed leaders have been retained because of who they know, instead of what they can honestly, by judgement of their peers and those they are supposed to lead, actually do. Bring back a focus on the employee surveys and suggestions. The experiences, knowledge and wide breadth expertise of employees should be acted upon, not filed away, Finally, rarely do the mid level management downwards fully understand the 2-3 year plans and goals being set and reset. Communication is lacking to the entire workforce, with only a few exceptions.

Mar 16, 2018 – Head of Employee Experience

Thank you for your review. We take all feedback seriously so please be assured that your comments will be passed in the right direction. I wish you the best of luck in your future career.

"Mixed review"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

They treat their people well. The company is working in a interesting and thriving industry.

Cons

Very difficult to get things done. Reluctant to make changes to improve performance.

Advice to Management

Be more open to change.

Mar 16, 2018 – Head of Employee Experience

Thanks for your feedback, sorry to hear you are no longer with us. I wish you the best of luck in your future career.

"QA Manager"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

QA Director and Manager of QA and Development has ruined Quality Assurance and Development. This duo has no integrity and management keeps being hoodwinked. The MORALE is really bad. The reason people stay is because they have been there for so long but they have no confidence in his leadership. They never deliver.

Advice to Management

Wake up and look at the history.

Mar 16, 2018 – Head of Employee Experience

Thank you for your feedback and sorry to hear SITA didn't work out for you. I wish you the best of luck for the future.

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good location in Atlanta and nice people to work with.

Cons

The software development work is mostly sent offshore as the customers get more demanding.

Advice to Management

Try to keep some key software development work in the company if you want to attract software developers.

Mar 16, 2018 – Head of Employee Experience

Thanks for your feedback, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed working for SITA. I wish you the best of luck in your future career.

"Senior Financial Analyst"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and work life balance

Cons

You're on your own with little guidance

Oct 23, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We very much appreciate it as it is useful insight for us to use as we continuously review and improve our support and development for... More