KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 806 of over 978 reviews

4.0
SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard
Barbara Dalibard
Pros
  • "company with good Work life balance(in 85 reviews)

• "Good benefits, workplace culture and work-life balance(in 44 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The senior management team is personality driven (and not in a good way)(in 22 reviews)

• "Some time work/life balance is hard to maintain(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

227 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SITA and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Global airline technology company

Sep 21, 2021 - Program Manager in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent place to work and grow.

Cons

No cons to share at this moment.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

great work place

Oct 29, 2021 - Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

too much politics during decicions

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great peers, less pay scale

Oct 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great peers, nice management, benefits r nice, like a small family

Cons

No growth, less pay, no opportunity to move within company

Employee Experience Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your views with us. We want to take a moment to say thank you for your 20+ years’ service at SITA. Our people are what makes us great and the diverse outlooks, skills and opinions they bring to the table helps us to stay innovative and agile. Our diverse benefits offering is structured to support you and your family through the different stages of life. We are proud to offer our employees (in most markets) competitive retirement savings, income protection, medical and life insurances, generous vacation and leave provisions, wellness programs and much more. Our benefits offering is supported by the learning and growth opportunities we offer, this includes access to our world class learning platforms, global training programs for managers and global webinars and conversations. Our pay structure is aligned with, and regularly benchmarked against other companies in the industry and countries in which we operate. We encourage and welcome employees to apply for internal openings when they appear. We recognize the benefit of diversifying your skillset by working in different teams and on different projects. You can always contact the hiring manager or our Talent Acquisition team if you are interested in an open role, and you can see what’s available by visiting the careers section of our employee intranet. At SITA promotion is a result of a grade change to a higher level of responsibilities. This could either be a growth promotion due to changes in team organization or where you have developed the skills and learning to be a successful internal applicant for a higher-grade role. If you have any further comments or wish to provide any additional feedback please do not hesitate to email us at WeListen@sita.aero .

4. 4.0

Great culture

Aug 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with lot of diversity and good culture, good place to work. most of the employees stay with the company long time.

Cons

Not expanding its presence here, concentrating more in other countries. Not expanding its presence here, concentrating more in other countries.

5. 4.0

Great Company

Jul 8, 2021 - Senior QA Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits and the people I work for are wonderful. I enjoy the challenges I receive each day from my job.

Cons

Salary is not in align with the IT industry. We are not given the option to work from home after the Pandemic even though we did it for 1 1/2 year.

3 people found this review helpful

Employee Experience Consultant

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. At SITA we offer a number of benefits, to support your diverse needs and those of your loved ones. These include a certain level of flexibility in the workday, to accommodate for personal life commitments and contribute towards a healthy work-life balance, but also comprehensive benefits packages, recognition programs, learning and developmental tools, and much more. We’re also pleased to see that you took advantage of the opportunities to grow and develop by overcoming challenges. Our salaries are set against market and country-specific benchmarks to ensure people feel motivated and that we, as an organization, are aligned with the industry. Our pay structures are also set to give you the opportunity to grow and evolve within your role and beyond. We encourage you to speak about opportunities and rewards with your Line Manager or HR Country Manager. We understand that individual preferences, situations, and commitments mean that the most effective way of working looks different for each of us. We have seen that using technology to work from home can allow for more flexibility. We also acknowledge that working from the office brings a social and collaborative element that is hard to match virtually. Our goal is a flexible and inspiring work experience where delighting our customers remains our top priority. Therefore, at SITA we have decided to adopt a hybrid work environment. If you wish to provide us with any additional feedback, feel free to email us anytime at WeListen@sita.aero

6. 3.0

Some pros, some cons

Feb 22, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm really proud of and impressed by how well SITA management has taken care of its people during the pandemic. They've exhausted many efforts to avoid mass layoffs and pay cuts. They've been mostly understanding of how tough of a selling environment it is right now given how decimated the industry is. Other pros include great benefits, flexible schedules, used to be cool events and liberty to travel pre-pandemic, some really great people to work with (also some not great people). I will also give SITA credit for trying to make certain shortcomings better (but oftentimes it's too bureaucratic to follow through).

Cons

SITA is an old legacy company that often rests on its long-standing reputation and relationships with airlines. As a salesperson, this gets you in the door, but then when it boils down to the technology it can and should be much stronger. Oftentimes the only way you can be successful in sales is to have one of the biggest airport or airline accounts. Sales is really hard here. Pricing and proposal processes are unnecessarily difficult to the point where sometimes I'm scared to put together a pricing proposal, it's such a headache. Also SITA's portfolio is so gigantic that salespeople can't specialize in any one area and are spread very thin.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work with

Jul 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company and colleagues to work with.

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Acceptable workplace

Aug 23, 2021 - Senior Manager IT in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent culture Excellent training opportunities Excellent people Excellent work ethics

Cons

Unknown promotion cycles Excessively process oriented Limited out of the box thinking

Employee Experience Consultant

Hi There, Thank you for leaving us your feedback. Firstly, let us say thank you for your contributions to SITA over the years you have worked for us. Multicultural at heart since its creation, our organization thrives on the diversity of its people. We collaborate every day across functions, locations and cultures to step up for our customers. Our differences combined make us smarter, more agile, resilient and innovative. Career progression is important to us, and we want all our employees to feel motivated and encouraged to progress within SITA. We offer our employees many opportunities for growth during their time with us. Promotion is as a result of a grade change to a higher level of responsibilities which can either be a growth promotion due to changes in the team organisation or where the employee has gathered the skills and learning to be a successful internal applicant for a higher-grade role.  We operate on a culture of continuous improvement, we encourage our employees to identify new and more efficient ways of doing things, by being inclusive and inviting different viewpoints and perspectives. Please feel free to provide us more details or any additional feedback by emailing us at WeListen@sita.aero .

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Your hard work will be recognized and plenty of opportunities for growth

Feb 26, 2021 - Field Engineer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A great job if you enjoy to travel and visit new places. Daily food expenses are covered, great benefits and fair pay. Many opportunities for growth but you must work hard and create a good reputation for yourself. I have been very happy working for SITA.

Cons

Raises are very rare unless you are promoted to a new role. Working on multiple projects back to back can be very exhausting and traveling a lot back to back can wear you down mentally and physically.

Employee Experience Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are thrilled to see you enjoy working at SITA. We recognize our employee’s hard work and offer many benefits for their commitment. In most markets, we offer competitive retirement savings, income protection, medical and life insurances, generous vacation and leave provisions, wellness programs and much more. We are also adapting to the changing environment in regard to our remote working policies. We are sorry to hear that there are some areas which could be improved upon. Our pay structure is aligned with, and regularly bench marked against other companies in the industry and countries in which we operate. Our employee experience team are also available for you to contact at any time with any issues or concerns you may have during your journey at SITA. Please email us at WeListen@sita.aero at any time.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

it is a good company to work for

Apr 10, 2021 - Senior Developer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work and Family life balance, good benefits.

Cons

Location strategy is not based on knowledge but only based on location. Hiring more people in Europe but not doing the expected work. Need better project management.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 806 Reviews