SITA Reviews | Glassdoor

SITA CEO Barbara Dalibard
Barbara Dalibard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Senior management focusing on out sourcing (in 17 reviews)

• Poor work life balance at times (in 7 reviews)

"Software Developer"

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good location in Atlanta and nice people to work with.

Cons

The software development work is mostly sent offshore as the customers get more demanding.

Advice to Management

Try to keep some key software development work in the company if you want to attract software developers.

2. "What did all the outsourcing and staff cuts get SITA?"

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Mostly, a great globally connected cooperative with many excellent, highly knowledgeable people who remain deeply dedicated to SITA's success within the ATI. Should SITA eventually find the right balance, sticking to core values while accelerating to market with the Products and Services customers demand, it will remain a great place for anyone to have a meaningful career. I cherish every minute I was there contributing to SITA success, and continue to wish SITA every success in this very challenging global marketplace.

Cons

Picture this-first day of annual Sales Kickoff, the new CEO, acquired from SNCF, stands in front of all the Sales and Product leaders in attendance, and says she is laying off over 300 people right away, in a company of barely over 4000 globally.
    A reorganization which then drags on for months, while every employee is left wondering who is next? In N. America, SITA reduced the maximum severance by 6 months, in advance of letting people go. So much for loyalty to employees.
    SITA frequently struggles to remain relevant to the ATI customer demands, being too late to market in far too many instances, and then confused over why SITA sales get stagnant. Far more insidious is the deep silo mindset, with blame going everywhere,except to senior leadership, when Customers demand to get what they have paid for. downsizing, reorganizing of work centers, hiring new, younger faces, with outsourcing is seen as the new solution to everything. As always, time will tell.

Advice to Management

Repairs will probably follow this reorganization. Look further down the road than just the immediate future before making things much worse. Challenge long established leadership, from the SLT on down, to deliver by their Leadership, coaching and mentoring instead of just blame games, and seek out new manger blood to replace everyone if they prove ineffective! Too many supposed leaders have been retained because of who they know, instead of what they can honestly, by judgement of their peers and those they are supposed to lead, actually do. Bring back a focus on the employee surveys and suggestions. The experiences, knowledge and wide breadth expertise of employees should be acted upon, not filed away, Finally, rarely do the mid level management downwards fully understand the 2-3 year plans and goals being set and reset. Communication is lacking to the entire workforce, with only a few exceptions.

"Mixed review"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

They treat their people well. The company is working in a interesting and thriving industry.

Cons

Very difficult to get things done. Reluctant to make changes to improve performance.

Advice to Management

Be more open to change.

"QA Manager"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Work life balance is good.

Cons

QA Director and Manager of QA and Development has ruined Quality Assurance and Development. This duo has no integrity and management keeps being hoodwinked. The MORALE is really bad. The reason people stay is because they have been there for so long but they have no confidence in his leadership. They never deliver.

Advice to Management

Wake up and look at the history.

"Senior Financial Analyst"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and work life balance

Cons

You're on your own with little guidance

Oct 23, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We very much appreciate it as it is useful insight for us to use as we continuously review and improve our support and development for... More

"Service Delivery Mansger"

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great People, smart people, cultural diversity.

Cons

To much reorganizing. Pay not equivalent to going market.

Oct 23, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

Hi and thank you for your review. I’m glad you had a good experience with us. I wholehearted agree with you – we have a widely diverse and cultural team of great people. Let me take the... More

"Fading relevance"

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great industry, great staff, still relevant for the industry

Cons

No real strategy, over complicated processes, politics prevail over the greater good of the company and its customers

"SITA cleans house"

I worked at SITA full-time

Pros

About every Government holiday is recognized; pay is competitive

Cons

SITA choses to replace departments with new faces and cheaper resources

Oct 23, 2017 – SVP, Human Resources

Hi and thank you for your review. The decisions we make are to ensure we strive in our industry and maintain our business competitiveness. Let me take the opportunity to wish you all the best.

9. "Programmer Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, worldwide exposure, good place to grow

Cons

Lack of vision, not enough continuous oversight of projects and ongoing customers

Advice to Management

Face the fare, don't be afraid to take decisions

Oct 23, 2017 – Kenneth Pennington, Human Resources, Manager

Hi and thank you for your feedback. With your 10 years at SITA, you had an opportunity to see the industry change and how that has impacted SITA. Our strategic vision improves our project... More

"Sita is a good company if you're in the right area."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SITA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sita is a world wide company which makes managing it difficult. However it has a laid back environment with challenging opportunities. It's broad range of technologies that are supported makes it an ideal place to learn and grow.

Cons

Sita is a top heavy management structure which makes it difficult culture to gain one unified strategy or direction.

Advice to Management

Collaborate with senior management more on strategy and direction and be sure that everyone delivers the same message from the top down.

Jun 16, 2017 – Kenneth Pennington, Human Resources, US Manager

Hi and thank you for feedback. By your tenure with the SITA, you have seen the company go through changes with our products, customers, and leaders. Our current plans gives us a customer focus... More