SPR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 10, 2018

2.3

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SPR (Chicago, IL).

Interview

A few conversational interviews that didn't feel like an interview at all. I felt that the main focus of the interview process was to get to know me to see if I would fit in to their culture.

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SPR (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR representative for personality and skills fit, Video/Face-to-Face Interview with the mobile team leads and director, concerning tech skills and background and personality fit. The phone screen with HR was about 30 minutes, and the video interview was a little bit over one hour.

Interview Questions

• If a client asked you to build a chat functionality into their mobile app, how would you describe the workflow to get this done? Remember that your client may not be technical.   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SPR (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied for a position as a junior developer at SPR in October 2016 and I received a coding challenge about a week after. After a few days I sent it in and they invited me for an interview in a week. The 2.5 hour interview went well and the very next day I got a phone call and we discussed salary expectations, and whether I had other offers. The recruiter told me that they are ready to make me an offer! I followed up and only a week after they got back to me postponing for another week, when I finally got the result: they chose to go further with someone else. Very bad interview ethics!!! very disappointing! I would not apply to this company ever again.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous projects and then I solved technical problems (whiteboarding), 2.5 hours of interview in total.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SPR (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the director of the .NET development team. The conversation centered around my prior experience with questions identifying how I had leveraged my knowledge in the past.

After this phone call, I received a coding exercise which I completed and returned. Upon review of my submission, I was invited for an interview at the office.

There was about an hour discussion with one of the Leads, where we did a code review of the project I had submitted. After the code review, we did some whiteboarding on various programming topics. Finally, we had a friendly conversation on what it is like to work for SPR. When this part of the in person interview was done, I met with the Director from the phone screen and one of the VPs. This conversation centered around my fit with the culture at SPR and to understand how the company is structured and operates.

The time from phone screen to the offer was 3 weeks.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SPR (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, junior recruiter reached out, wasn't a very professional or useful experience as she didn't ask much relevant questions and called late. I followed up twice via email, and finally got her to pass my info to her senior recruiter 2 weeks later. Another call with senior recruiter. This call was more standard hr screening (not sure why they needed the first one). Needed one email follow up with her to get a call with the hiring manager. This call was with the VP so i was a bit nervous but the call ended up being very conversational, and he asked very engaging and relevant questions. In person interview was set up right after this call on the same week. Met with 2 project team members in person who this position would be working with. Very casual chat with both of these individuals, mostly assessed personality fit with the PM, and made sure I had the relevant skill sets with the tech lead. Also met the senior recruiter whom was very friendly.

The senior recruiter I worked with was extremely helpful in expediting my hiring process as she knew I had other interviews going on. She always kept me in the loop.

Interview Questions

• Past work experience discussion, and the direction of where you want to go in your career   Answer Question

Negotiation

No direct negotiation, but since I had other offers, the recruiter asked what they were, and gave a slightly higher number

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SPR (Chennai (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

There is not much to describe about it. The interview had general questions as usual and they were hardly interested in anything that we say. I don't know then why they conduct an interview.