SPR Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rob Figliulo

1. "Loyal, Competent Leadership"

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I worked at SPR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management team is incredibly engaging, while allowing employees the autonomy to drive results. They are also very loyal to their staff.

Cons

Not much room for growth. They have a pretty good idea of the functions that will make them successful and plug people into those functions.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. "Great Colleagues!"

Current Employee - Test Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Test Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SPR (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team collaboration is great! Working environment is very open and congenial.

Cons

Could be more competitive with compensation.

Advice to Management

Transparent communications and listening.

3. "I feel valued here"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SPR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

So many consulting firms treat everyone like a cog to place into a client's machine, and when you are no longer a part required to run the machine, then you're done. SPR isn't like that. I love the recognition of the work I do for our clients. I love being able to work on something different not only day-to-day, but often hour-to-hour. And I love the overall vision that the company has about the solutions it wants to provide, and the position it wants to have in the marketplace.

Cons

Some ongoing infrastructure growing pains. The current version of the company was formed by a merger of three firms almost two years ago, and some of the kinks in being a 250+ person company instead of three smaller places have yet to be ironed out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The atmosphere you created is a great place to come every day. SPR is somewhere I'm proud to refer people to, potential clients and employees both.

5. "Great and friendly place!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SPR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people at SPR are very fun and engaging to work with and the location is great.

Cons

I can't think of any!

6. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Every thing seems to be fantastic as of now at SPR. Excellent Work Life Balance,Flexible timings, Good Benefits and huge scope to learn new technologies. There wont be much project related pressures and no one pressures you from top. You can always approach to the higher management to solve your queries.

Cons

Little Management issues causing confusion to employees. And there were no proper refreshments to the employees.

Advice to Management

Treat all the Employees Equally and try to retain the employees. Hope the communication gaps between Management and Employees should be eliminated. It is Advisable for Management to provide good Training to Employees in New Emerging Technologies by Professional Experts.

7. "Great People - Lot's of opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SPR (More than 3 years)

Pros

Genuinely great and talented people that work throughout the organization. Good work/life balance. Lot's of room for career path development. Collaborative team environment. Unique and interesting client projects. Cutting-edge of technology. Seems like there is a good effort to improve the company culture with outings and events.

Cons

At times there can be gaps in communication from management to employees. Can take a long time for decision making

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee growth and mentorship

8. "Empowered to Ideate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SPR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love that SPR welcomes new ideas. Although we are a company with a strong legacy, we are willing to change and improve. Management is open to trying new things and doesn't get stuck in old ways - it just takes someone to take initiative. The company truly cares about its employees.

Cons

Indicative of most consultancies, it's hard to get to know everyone across the organization when we are rarely together.

9. "Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SPR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cool projects and lot of clients are just around chicago. Decent work culture depending on the client.

Cons

Less collaboration between the consultants as they work at different locations. Also minimal HR skills when dealing with employees

Advice to Management

Management is good. Can focus on consultant career growth to retain employees.

10. "Credit analyst"

Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SPR (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good working conditions and friendly people

Cons

No advancement opportunities or job security

Advice to Management

Open more job opportunities at various sites

"SPR from the inside"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SPR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

SPR feels like a growing family. The practices are all expanding and SPR has been adding staff consistently over the last few years. The project pipeline is usually full, and bench time is rare.

Cons

The corporate structure is broad but shallow, so opportunities for acting as a team lead are dependent on the size and scope of specific projects.

Advice to Management

Continue striving to attract and retain talent. At times it feels like we want to be a market leader, and at other times it feels like we want to hedge our bets. Provide more opportunities for professional advancement. It seems that every year our benefits package is changing, and rarely for the better. Our standard line is that our benefits are comparable to other firms in the industry, but it would be wonderful to say that we're setting the bar for the rest of our competition to compare against.