Sage Therapeutics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sage Therapeutics Interview Questions

Interviews at Sage Therapeutics

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in December 2019.

Interview

Great and quick interview process! I applied online and received an email from the internal recruiter within a few days. I had a phone call with the recruiter followed by the hiring manger and then I was asked to come in for an in-person interview to meet several people that I would potentially be working with. Everyone was extremely welcoming and didn't make the process feel intimidating at all. Everyone I met with was very passionate about Sage's mission. The culture really did appear as great as everyone says it is. I thought the interview went great, but unfortunately before I was able to receive an offer the company put a hold on hiring for the position. Had I received an offer I would definitely have taken the position. Despite the hold, the internal recruiter was very nice about it and said we should stay in touch in case anything changes within the next month or so. (I was told the budget was the reason for the hold).

Interview Questions

• How do you think your experience will translate to being successful here?   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process what clearly defined from the initial call with the talent consultant up to the final discussions surrounding an offer. The talent consultant I worked with was very transparent about the process. The entire process took about 2 months. The onsite interview involved a presentation with a small group followed by 1:1 meetings with 6-7 people in the group. Overall, I had a positive experience and appreciated the transparency along the way, which I think sets Sage apart in this category.

Desktop Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process was a 3-hour time slot, from 9:15 to 12:15. It was broken up into several smaller interviews, 15-30 minutes each. Most of the interviews were one-on-one, but there was also a team interview which involved 4 employees and myself.

The entire experience was fantastic, and the atmosphere in the office (not just the interviewers) was energetic and exciting! I had one interview in the cafeteria, and one outside on the rooftop lounge! Each step of the process, Sage really makes you feel welcome, from reception to senior management. I met with a total of 10 people during my time in the office, and never once did I sense any negativity or complacency, everyone seems to genuinely love working for Sage!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were faced with an unusual challenge at work, and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • What other types of work have you done in the past, what did like and dislike about those roles? Why have you decided to come back to IT, and why Sage?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics in August 2019.

Interview

Awesome experience. Applied online. Phone screen followed by around 2.5hrs of 1:1 with the team members. Everyone cares about the work they are doing and were interested in learning about you.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was both exciting and fun. The atmosphere is great, fast paced and happy.

Everyone I met was warm and very experienced. Impressive backgrounds but humble.

It would be a great place to work!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in June 2019.

Interview

Submitted resume online. Meredith, Sage Recruiter, called for initial phone screen. Follow up phone screen with hiring manager followed by onsite panel interview with several employees, followed up with a breakfast meeting with the hiring manager.

The team at Sage is a group of just really nice people. I would have loved have been able to collaborate with them and wish all the very best to the person who was lucky enough to land the opportunity and to the team.

I felt very aligned with the goals and values of the company. Nice company, Very nice employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would implement a new process from start to finish (with the details of each step)   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics (Hull, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

The whole process from initial contact, interview and job offer took about 2 weeks. Everyone I met at Sage was friendly and welcoming. What really stood out was the energetic atmosphere, it was a great feeling to be in such a positive work environment. It’s clear that Sage values its employees!

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest challenge you have had to overcome at work?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

Interview process was very quick and transparent. From submitting my application to receiving an official offer letter took less than 2 weeks. They were very organized and efficient. I was living out of state at the time and they accommodated an online video interview in place of the in-person one. My HR contact was constantly in touch with how the process was going and everyone I spoke with was equally helpful and kind.

Interview Questions

• How do you/would you practice the company's core values?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

The process was very smooth, quick, and respectful. Recruiter phone screen, half day in person interview, then one more phone interview. Everyone was very nice and the process seemed very organized with continuous follow up. The recruiter was extremely responsive to all my questions right up through my first day.
    Overall it’s been the best interview experience I have had in my career. I’m very excited to be part of this team!

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sage Therapeutics in January 2019.

Interview

Recruiter asked about my desire to work at Sage and my background. I did not move past the initial interview stage, but I found the recruiter to be very genuine and kind. It is clear from my experience that Sage has created a positive environment for their employees.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager is looking for X experience, what is your experience in that area?   Answer Question