Sankalp Semiconductor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sankalp Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 8, 2017

3.6

Junior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

There were 3 recruitment rounds. First was a 100marks subjective exam on basic electronics, clearing which I was allowed to sit for the technical interview round. Finally it concluded with the telephonic HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Draw a simple low pass filter. Show the output for a step input.   Answer Question
    • What is a differential amplifier? Draw a single ended output differential amplifier. Why is Re used? Why is RC used? Show how amplification is done.   Answer Question
    • Draw a Common Source MOSFET amplifier. Find gain. How to increase gain? Limits to which gain can be increased?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor in March 2017.

Interview

1st round was a written exam consisting of 7 subjective type questions. Two questions were on Operational amplifier, 1 CMOS logic circuit, 1 Bode plot and i don't remember the other questions but it was intended to test the basics of analog circuits (concentrate on cmos circuits, RLC circuits and opamp), network theory ( kcl, kvl, thevenin, norton numericals) control system (bode plot because it is mostly used), digital circuits and signal system( basics only).
    2nd round was technical interview. Overall they want to see your approach in the questions asked to you in the technical round.
    The final hr round is just a formality. Just keep calm and don't get nervous because sankalp rarely rejects anyone after the hr round.

Interview Questions

• It started with a simple Low pass RC filter with square wave input. Then the interviewer asked to explain the output if input is an impulse. Then he added a diode in that circuit and then a mosfet. He gave a lot of RC circuit (no RL or RLC circuit). Queations were then asked to find the time constant of given circuits. He then asked what will be the output if the position of pmos and cmos in an inverter is interchanged. Some cmos circuit output was asked to find out. Opamp circuits with non infinite Gain.   Answer Question

Analog Layout Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was an easy one . the selection process tools 4rounds , with written, GD, tech, hr. Before your going to start ur interview they will give u a presentation what sankalps is what are their mission and vision. Ect.,

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Kolkata (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus from our college in Kolkata. They shortlisted 77 students from ECE and EE streams for the written test, which is a pen and paper exam. It had 7 questions of total 100 marks, all technical, based on MOSFETs, diode, Flip flop, RC circuits etc.
        10 people qualified for the next round, I being 10th among them
        I was interviewed at 10pm

Interview Questions

• May I come in, sir?   1 Answer
    • Are you frustrated waiting for such a long time?   1 Answer
    • What was your WBJEE rank?   1 Answer
    • What are the subjects you are prepared for today?   1 Answer
    • He gave various circuits, based on RC network, MOSFET and diode, and nearly all had step input   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Kolkata (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

It happened through campus placement at my college. There were a GPA based shortlisting initially, followed by a written technical round and two subsequent technical interviews and an HR round. the first interview round had a couple of interviewers while the second round was on a 1:1 basis. The questions were asked from all subjects ranging from basic circuit theory to analog VLSI. RC circuits were asked in most of the rounds. A few books to consult before applying would be Sedra & Smith, Hayt, Kemmerly and Durbin, Allen & Holberg, Razavi for analog and circuits , Kuo and Ogata for control systems, Lathi for analog communications.

Interview Questions

• The written round had question on MOS circuits, basic networks, OPAMP, control systems, RC circuits and also a question of digital and analog communication. Subsequent rounds were tougher and had difficult questions ranging from all core subjects taught during the course work.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

The process had 3 Rounds. first round was Test based on Aptitude and Electronic circuits. second round wasTechinical and the third was the HR interview. Test they asked questions based on time, speed, logical,Work and Techical based on KCL, voltage division KVL etc.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubli (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Hubli (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview is full of basic R, L, V, I circuits.Written test is easy provided basics are good.
    Group discussion is easy provided you speak.
    They just test your basics.

Overall experience was very good but the amount of filtering in Technical interview round is more than what i expected.

Analog Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through college recruitment process. The process took one day. There was one pen and paper tech test and then tech and hr interviews were there. Pen and paper test was subjective in nature(total 7 questions with 100 full marks). The answers were to be written step by step. tech interview was held for 45 mins or so.

Interview Questions

• Suppose the position of pmos and nmos of a cmos inverter are exchanged.
      Now what should be the output if a unit step input is given?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hubli (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor (Hubli (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

first round will be written , then group discussion, technical followed by hr .
    In written there will be two section .
    apititude (time distance, train,work problems,allegations )
    in technical(rc filter, capacitor charging and discharging , digital electronics , opamps, network problems on rlc components , kcl , kvl. cmos fet problems )
    geometry (logical verbal problems)

Interview Questions

• Capcitor charging and discharging
      digital basic gates using diode and bjt
      rc low pass and high pass filter   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sankalp Semiconductor.

Interview

For Circuit Design
    (1) Technical Written -- MOS, Ckt theory, Control System, Digital (to some extent)
    (2) Technical Interview -- Concepts of MOS circuit (Basic & Tricky questions, Current Mirrors, Single Stage Amplifier, Differential Amplifier) , Control System, Circuit Theory (R networks, RC networks, RL to some extent)
    (3) HR Interview

Interview Questions

• Concepts of MOS circuit (Basic & Tricky questions, Current Mirrors, Single Stage Amplifier, Differential Amplifier) , Control System, Circuit Theory (R networks, RC networks, RL to some extent)   1 Answer