SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

They have Saturday auditions. Set times for different talents. And an interview before with HR. I showed up and applied using the computers they had at the HR department. I waited and was taken with 2 other auditoners to learn a basic dance (dance audition). The instructor was awesome. Very quick. After, I waited and then was called to sing in a room for 2 entertainment directors. They had an aux chord for me to plug in my phone. They don't have a pianist, must be electronic aux for the music. They loved it and were very polite. I then read an aside for a comedic actor position. They said they would let me know within a week or two if I was hired. Still waiting for a response but it's only been a couple of days. Pretty confident I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your rehearsal skills on a scale of 0-10, 10 being exceptional.   1 Answer

Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (San Diego, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Audition, followed by interview with manager. Overall, very positive. The audition is stressful for the obvious reasons of competing with other performers who want the same job you are going for. It can be disappointing when turned away. When getting hired though, it’s a positive experience, and producers are excited to have you. Sometimes, it can take management a week or two to let you know whether or not they’ve decided to hire you, which is nerve wracking because performers who went to the audition are scared for weeks that they didn’t get the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle high pressure environments?   1 Answer

Park Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment in August 2017.

Interview

I took the online assessment and was told to schedule an interview. I called to do that and was told that I had to be at the interview THE NEXT Day and that was the ONLY DAY to interview for that position and that I would find out then and there if I was hired and would need to start TWO DAYS AFTER THAT. I drove 6.5 hours to get to the interview only to find out that all of that was bad information. The person looked truly horrified to be hearing all this. It goes without saying that my interview was essentially blown after this awkwardness. SO CRAZY UNPROFESSIONAL. Don't even bother trying here. What a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Tampa, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

They asked about my passions to see how well i can maintain a conversation and how i can handle a large group of people in control

Interview Questions

• How many years i have until i finishing my studies.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

When I applied online, I was quickly ask if I wanted to come in to an interview. I had to choose a time for a group interview. I choose 10:45 which was the last group and at the end they didn’t have job spots left
    It was a fun group interview
    They called me a couple of days later and I was offered a different job with better hours

Park Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment in June 2017.

Interview

The interview is done with a group were you're taken into a room with around 10 other people, awaiting you are interviewers. They never ask you direct questions during the "interview", as it's called an "observational interview." First, you're asked to state your name and grab a plush animal and describe how you relate to that animal. After that you are given a puzzle to solve as a team. Finally you are given two situations per group and are asked to give the best solution to those situations. After all this you're asked whether you have any questions or not.

They then tell you that you'll know the outcome whether you got a job or not after waiting about 30 more minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is your name, what is the position you applied for, and why did you grab that particular stuffed animal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

They had us in a group and we was doing games having fun. Then we had to do tax paperwork and swab test. Finally hey will put the same group you are with outside and then call you guys in and tell you if you got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL).

Interview

It is a group interview where people watch you perform three activities; one is to solve a puzzle, another is to solve common customer service dilemmas, and to explain why a plush fits your personality. Show up in semi-formal clothes, speak confidently and smile, and they'll readily hire you.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Put in a application, they called me for a phone interview 3 days later, set a interview appointment for days later,short wait then interviewed and got offered the job, filled out new hire paper work, background check, drug test and then went to get fitted for my uniform and took picture for my id

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to work with a difficult co- worker? What was the situation and how did you handle working with that person?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it was a fair offer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Lengthy application after which you're scheduled for an interview almost immediately. The interviews are very generic from name your greatest achievement so far to what are your biggest faults. But you either get hired right after the interview ends or they call you to offer you the job within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
    • Describe a negative/uncomfortable situation in the workplace and how did you handle it?   Answer Question