SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

2.2

Interview

Very easy. They will take anyone with a pulse. Low pressure. Not required to dress professionally (most did not). Takes about 2-5 minutes. Simple questions. If it is your first job interview, do not worry you will get it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SeaWorld?   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

Interview

HR contact for 15 min phone screen with hiring manager and HR, followed by panel interview with hiring manager, HR, and others directly related to position, followed by final in person interviews with hiring manager and department leader. Very structured and pleasant process.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - walk me through your experience, what attracted you to the position, panel interview was mostly behavioral questions and final interviews were more conversational.   Answer Question

Photo Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Easiest interview I have ever done, and quite honestly, it seems that people of poor quality would slip though the cracks quite easily here. Many HR departments would laugh at this interview.

It's a group interview. My group had 9 other applicants, all applying for upcoming seasonal positions. The room had two tables, and you took a seat at whatever table you preferred. Of the 3 questions asked, 2 involved the group you were at the table with.

After the 3 activities, we were dismissed to the main room. We were called in one by one, to see if we advanced to the next round. If you made it to the next round, you were hired. I don't think I saw one person not get to the next round.

The next round was basically bringing in 2 forms of ID, and discussing your availability, and getting an offer.

Unfortunately, I experienced a bait and switch, and this should be made illegal.

The position I applied for online was suddenly "no longer open due to budget" and I was offered a position in a sales area, which I was 1000% not interested in, and I declined the job offer.

I spoke to an associate who currently works there and he stated "Oh yeah, that happens all the time, it's how they get the less desirable seasonal positions filled"

So, be warned, the job you apply for, may not even exist.

Interview Questions

• You are asked to grab a stuffed animal off of the table, and introduce yourself, why you picked that animal, and how that animal relates to you.   Answer Question
    • Each group of interviewees is given a word scramble worksheet. You have 2 minutes to work with your group and unscramble as many as you can.   Answer Question
    • You are asked to pick 2 scenarios cards. With your group, decide how you would resolve the scenario. All 4 card at our interview involved a different flavor of "customer is upset, how do you fix it?"   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied about a month ago and got a call to go over job description and employment history. Since I'm moving to Orlando in a week. The lady scheduled a phone interview with someone from merchandising team and herself. The interview went great, very nice people. Few structural questions and technical questions pertaining to visual merchandising. They said at the end they will give a call back within the week to let everyone know who will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you found a creative way you implemented a project?   Answer Question
    • What is color to visual merchandising?   Answer Question
    • What are three points in visual merchandising within retail store?   Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

Interview

Very quick, not very many questions were asked
    Person was very straightforward, do not stress about the interview at all you will do fine, very easy, just checking if you are able to speak well and do simple task
    Was offered job on the spot

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment in April 2017.

Interview

When filling out the application, you get to schedule yourself an interview time. However, ALWAYS check your email the day before and the morning of. The hiring managers still review them and will either send you an email reminding of your interview tomorrow or you'll get an email saying you're no longer under consideration. Check before you make the trip there. (Though to be honest, they may turn you away at that front because of whatever reason claiming you should have received an email so be prepared. It happens daily.) I signed in and was asked to verify my work history and availability and reasons for leaving my previous employers. If you're allowed to sign in and you're given a name tag then you know you're at least getting interviewed. Interview was a group interview with a facilitator and two members observing: the department hiring manager and an HR staffing support representative. You receive the questions/instructions and then you have approx. 2-3 minutes to discuss as a group to answer the questions/instructions and then one member presenting what the group get and other members being able to chime in when they want. Be noticeable. Appear like you welcome people interaction. Be engaged. Use guest service terminology like "guest recovery". At the end we were allowed to ask questions to the two overseers and then that was the end. Typically for other positions if you're selected you'll be taken back to HR and given your offer and do your HR paperwork and take your picture the same day so bring a passport or your license and birth certificate. But for my position, we were all told that we would receive an email within 24 hours if we have been offered a position or not. I received my email about 3 hours later extending me a position to come in for my hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Write your name on the placard and then draw a picture of something that's important to you. Then introduce yourself to us and why you chose that picture.   Answer Question
    • If you were on an island and could only have 3 things, what 3 things would you bring and why?   Answer Question
    • You each received a scenario that one of our guests can experience in our parks. How would you resolve this situation and why?

A guest has gotten sick after riding the Kraken Roller Coaster. What steps would you take to assist this guest?
      Answer Question
    • You have received a scenario of a potential situation you may each experience at the call center. Discuss and explain how you would go about assisting this guest.

A large family wants to celebrate a birthday. What features, excursions, and tickets would you recommend to them for their celebration? How would you get the information for your recommendation? How does what you offer complete what the guest is looking for?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Human Resources interview process was awesome. They included everyone in the same interview. I don't ever remember having an interview in a group setting. So TY Human Resources for making us feel comfortable in our interview process.

Interview Questions

• Human Resources wanted us write 1 thing that we valued in ourselves and then draw a picture Describing your value.   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Easy quick and fun everybody was super nice and U got hired right away they called me back and told me to come back for a follow up, i went back and i did paper work and a backwround check they did not give a drug test. Then i went to get fitted for my uniform and withing a week i began to work it was fun!

Interactive Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was on a panel of about 4 people. They asked your typical behavioral questions "Describe a time when this happened" and "What would you do in this situation." It lasted about 45 minutes. They then described the role and asked questions about my resume. They brought me back in for a second interview with one of the managers I met with on the panel, the VP, and director of marketing. They asked the same questions about my skill set in this round instead of getting to know more about me - I think this cost me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were financially responsible in your job   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

Interview

Fairly easy, and very friendly. I worked here for 3 years as a seasonal position the first time it was one on one, now they have done group interviews for the past two years. They first invite you into a room filled with many others. You introduce yourself using one of the animals provided. (Tip: some of the animals are in the parks. Hmmm I wonder what that means? :)) There is a puzzle provided, and scenarios you must answer as a group. Be as engaged as possible! You will most likely land the job if you are one of the speakers that get up in the front and answer one of the scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes on the job it can feel repetitive, how do you make a boring task fun?   Answer Question