SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.2

Ride Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

Interview

Very quick, not very many questions were asked
    Person was very straightforward, do not stress about the interview at all you will do fine, very easy, just checking if you are able to speak well and do simple task
    Was offered job on the spot

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment in April 2017.

Interview

When filling out the application, you get to schedule yourself an interview time. However, ALWAYS check your email the day before and the morning of. The hiring managers still review them and will either send you an email reminding of your interview tomorrow or you'll get an email saying you're no longer under consideration. Check before you make the trip there. (Though to be honest, they may turn you away at that front because of whatever reason claiming you should have received an email so be prepared. It happens daily.) I signed in and was asked to verify my work history and availability and reasons for leaving my previous employers. If you're allowed to sign in and you're given a name tag then you know you're at least getting interviewed. Interview was a group interview with a facilitator and two members observing: the department hiring manager and an HR staffing support representative. You receive the questions/instructions and then you have approx. 2-3 minutes to discuss as a group to answer the questions/instructions and then one member presenting what the group get and other members being able to chime in when they want. Be noticeable. Appear like you welcome people interaction. Be engaged. Use guest service terminology like "guest recovery". At the end we were allowed to ask questions to the two overseers and then that was the end. Typically for other positions if you're selected you'll be taken back to HR and given your offer and do your HR paperwork and take your picture the same day so bring a passport or your license and birth certificate. But for my position, we were all told that we would receive an email within 24 hours if we have been offered a position or not. I received my email about 3 hours later extending me a position to come in for my hire paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Write your name on the placard and then draw a picture of something that's important to you. Then introduce yourself to us and why you chose that picture.   Answer Question
    • If you were on an island and could only have 3 things, what 3 things would you bring and why?   Answer Question
    • You each received a scenario that one of our guests can experience in our parks. How would you resolve this situation and why?

A guest has gotten sick after riding the Kraken Roller Coaster. What steps would you take to assist this guest?
      Answer Question
    • You have received a scenario of a potential situation you may each experience at the call center. Discuss and explain how you would go about assisting this guest.

A large family wants to celebrate a birthday. What features, excursions, and tickets would you recommend to them for their celebration? How would you get the information for your recommendation? How does what you offer complete what the guest is looking for?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Human Resources interview process was awesome. They included everyone in the same interview. I don't ever remember having an interview in a group setting. So TY Human Resources for making us feel comfortable in our interview process.

Interview Questions

• Human Resources wanted us write 1 thing that we valued in ourselves and then draw a picture Describing your value.   1 Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Easy quick and fun everybody was super nice and U got hired right away they called me back and told me to come back for a follow up, i went back and i did paper work and a backwround check they did not give a drug test. Then i went to get fitted for my uniform and withing a week i began to work it was fun!

Interactive Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was on a panel of about 4 people. They asked your typical behavioral questions "Describe a time when this happened" and "What would you do in this situation." It lasted about 45 minutes. They then described the role and asked questions about my resume. They brought me back in for a second interview with one of the managers I met with on the panel, the VP, and director of marketing. They asked the same questions about my skill set in this round instead of getting to know more about me - I think this cost me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were financially responsible in your job   Answer Question

Food Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

Interview

Fairly easy, and very friendly. I worked here for 3 years as a seasonal position the first time it was one on one, now they have done group interviews for the past two years. They first invite you into a room filled with many others. You introduce yourself using one of the animals provided. (Tip: some of the animals are in the parks. Hmmm I wonder what that means? :)) There is a puzzle provided, and scenarios you must answer as a group. Be as engaged as possible! You will most likely land the job if you are one of the speakers that get up in the front and answer one of the scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes on the job it can feel repetitive, how do you make a boring task fun?   Answer Question

Photo Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Relatively quick and friendly process. Set up interview a few days later after phone interview. Interviewer was friendly and inviting, wanted to know about my background, why I would be good at sales, etc.

Park Ride Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, scheduled group interview. 2 days later call from HR to go over application. Next day was interview. Beware you will spend hours here if hired on spot. Group interview with 12 people split in two teams. 3 activities. 1. Pick character descibe why you chose it. 2. Unscramble a list of words. 3. Choose 2 scenarios and explain how you would solve situation. Everyone in the group was hired. Basically easist interview every. Even one person who didn't really speak was hired. There is no way to not get a job here.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Observational interview with one facilitator and 3 observers from the HR and call center management., followed by questions from the prospective team member questions. No personal interview or drug test.

Interview Questions

• Write your name and something that means something to you and explain why   Answer Question
    • In groups of 6 we,were asked what 3 items,we would bring to a deserted island to survive and why.   Answer Question
    • We picked a guest concern and explained we,would handle it   Answer Question
    • Picked an example of a call we might receive at the call center about planning a trip and we had to say what products,we would offer and why   Answer Question

Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment (San Antonio, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

They have Saturday auditions. Set times for different talents. And an interview before with HR. I showed up and applied using the computers they had at the HR department. I waited and was taken with 2 other auditoners to learn a basic dance (dance audition). The instructor was awesome. Very quick. After, I waited and then was called to sing in a room for 2 entertainment directors. They had an aux chord for me to plug in my phone. They don't have a pianist, must be electronic aux for the music. They loved it and were very polite. I then read an aside for a comedic actor position. They said they would let me know within a week or two if I was hired. Still waiting for a response but it's only been a couple of days. Pretty confident I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your rehearsal skills on a scale of 0-10, 10 being exceptional.   1 Answer