Seattle Children's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled about a week after I applied online. Interview took about 20 minutes, all fairly simple questions. I was asked why I wanted to change careers, and why I wanted to work for Seattle Children's. I was also asked to give an example of what I know about the organization's activities/research work.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of difficulties you faced at your previous workplace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call back ~2 weeks later to schedule a 30-minute phone screen. At the end of the phone screen, was asked to schedule a 30-minute panel interview, but ended up being a 1-on-1 interview. Normal, easy questions as long as you prepared accordingly. Lots of customer service/problem solving/company value-specific questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you demonstrate our ART ( Accountability, Respect, Teamwork) standards? Give a specific example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a brief phone interview about a month after applying. Phone interview took place the following week and lasted 35-40 minutes. The follow-up from that was about a week after.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (New York, NY).

Interview

Started off with a phone interview that lasted about 25 min and scheduled an in person interview for the following week. Both interviews had a lot of situational questions and asked for examples of leadership, adaptability, and customer service. In person interview was a group interview (3 ppl) about 35 min. Very nice people and environment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were challenged in the workplace and how you worked through that   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Medical Unit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online and heard back from them weeks later requesting references. After this, I received a phone call setting up an in person interview one week later. The interview was one on one with an assistant manager and lasted about an hour and consisted of 10 questions. After this I was offered a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words.

Why do you want to work at Seattle Children's?

Describe a time you had to deal with change.
      Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It began with a phone interview with the hiring manager then an in person interview with the manager and the team. The phone interview was really nice, lots of questions. It wasn't intimidating at all. I would say the most difficult part is the panel interview but that always depends on how well you do when talking in front of people. There was about 7+ people in the panel interview. With all the eyes staring at you and the awkward silence, you really have to keep the conversation going with questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position and why? What makes you want to work at children? What regulatory experiences do you have? Have you worked with grading toxicities? How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Data Analyst - Emergency Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Was requested by HR to write a cover letter to send in
    3. Phone interview with hiring manager
    4. Phone interview with another data analyst (the one that was leaving)
    5. Phone interview with a department leader the following week
    6. On-site interview with other directors, department leaders, and admin team (total 9-10 people, panel and 1-on-1 interviews) on a Tuesday
    7. Was verbally offered the position by hiring manager on Friday and given a week to accept
    8. Monday was a holiday, so on Tuesday I asked a few questions regarding the package and negotiated, was told there will be zero concessions
    9. On Wednesday at 9am, HR decided to rescind the offer

My references and background are stellar, by the way. Perhaps they don't like people who negotiate.

A shame since Seattle Children's is a fantastic hospital. It would have been very rewarding to work there, but a company that goes back on their word is a huge red flag.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral and situational questions, questions about experience   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The lab head reached out to me directly and we did a short phone interview. Based on the phone interview and talking to the director, it was followed by a more extensive videoconferencing interview with current members of the lab, two directors, and a short research presentation.

Interview Questions

• What are your career goals and how would this job fit into that plan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Straightforward process. Over-the-phone interview first with some pretty expected screening questions followed by an in-person interview a week later. In person interview was with two hiring managers who showed up late to the interview. Interview questions were straightforward generic interviewing questions. Office where interview was held felt a bit cramped but was otherwise comfortable enough.

Interview Questions

• What do you think your duties will be on this job?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse, Psych Unit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very short interview, only about 10 minutes. Casual and friendly interviewers, make you feel comfortable and relaxed while still asking some real thinker-type questions. Had three people sitting in on the interview, asked about 6 questions total then contacted me in about a week to offer the position.

Interview Questions

• Questions were out of the box and regarded the interviewee's ability to reflect on and discuss their own life. Weren't the type of questions you come prepared to answer.   Answer Question