Seattle Children's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.8

Mental Health Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was a waste of time. It was with 2 people. 1 of them was disinterested the entire time. They asked me brief and easy questions (Was I finished with my degree and licensed?) it was obvious they didn't actually look through my resume. I was only there for 10 minutes. 5 days later I got an email saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Children's.

Interview

I applied for the Clinical Research Associate I position through the SCH career website. I was called to schedule an in-person interview. I met with several research fellows and the other research associates on the same day. The next week, I met with the PIs to do another interview.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions like "why do you want to work here", "how well do you work in teams", "ever had a conflict working with a team", "how do you deal with stress/failure"

There were other random questions like "what makes me unique", "what's my learning style", " best advice I've ever received"   Answer Question

Manager, Constrution Oversight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

I found the job on another jobs-site and then applied online through SCH's application process. The interview process consisted of 3 Steps: 1) 30 minutes phone screen w/hiring manager (prospective supervisor), 2) 60 minute in person interview with hiring manager, 3) 60 minute panel interview with organizational peers

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest concern about taking on this job?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and recruiter got back to me in a few days and arranged for a technical screen phone interview about a week after that.

Interviewer called me on time. Immediately dove into the most technical questions I've encountered in a long time (and I've been in the tech business for a while). On top of that I could barely understand the questions since he was calling from a cell phone on speaker and I could hear people in the background like he was doing from his cube! His reception must have been awful since the call kept cutting in and out. I asked him several times to repeat the questions and then please get off the speaker phone. How hard is it to put the phone up to your ear for crying out loud?!?!

At the end of the interview he asked if I was available for a possible in person interview the following week. Never heard a word back...

This is too bad because the job was a great match for my skills and SCH looks like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 slowly changing dimensions and how do you implement them.   Answer Question

Manager/Plant Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the Regional Director of Facilities and 3 of his direct reports. It was a very comfortable experience, great conversations and learned a lot about each. I was nervous as it was my first interview in over 12 years but they made me feel as ease after the first few minutes. After the interview which lasted about 45 minutes I spent another 40-45 minutes touring the hospital campus with the RD and had excellent conversation. Thought everything went well and he was speaking as if I was an excellent fit for their department but, after 4 weeks and not returned follow up voicemails to the RD I can only assume they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

• You having a Director's level experience, why would you apply for a manager position? We have a director...   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was scheduled about a week after I applied online. Interview took about 20 minutes, all fairly simple questions. I was asked why I wanted to change careers, and why I wanted to work for Seattle Children's. I was also asked to give an example of what I know about the organization's activities/research work.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of difficulties you faced at your previous workplace?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Hiring manager arranged for a phone interview by email. Mngr phoned me late due to a meeting. Cell reception was not great where mngr was. Mngr was polite but seemed bored like decision had already been made, especially when she asked me for questions. Did not inform me of decision until 3 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call back ~2 weeks later to schedule a 30-minute phone screen. At the end of the phone screen, was asked to schedule a 30-minute panel interview, but ended up being a 1-on-1 interview. Normal, easy questions as long as you prepared accordingly. Lots of customer service/problem solving/company value-specific questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you demonstrate our ART ( Accountability, Respect, Teamwork) standards? Give a specific example.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted by email to schedule a brief phone interview about a month after applying. Phone interview took place the following week and lasted 35-40 minutes. The follow-up from that was about a week after.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Seattle Children's (New York, NY).

Interview

Started off with a phone interview that lasted about 25 min and scheduled an in person interview for the following week. Both interviews had a lot of situational questions and asked for examples of leadership, adaptability, and customer service. In person interview was a group interview (3 ppl) about 35 min. Very nice people and environment.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were challenged in the workplace and how you worked through that   Answer Question