Sendero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed through campus hiring. One round of on campus interviews, one super day in Dallas. All in all a very good experiences of getting to know people at the firm from the associate to partner level. Mostly behavioral with one small case.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple tasks at one time?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university career page and was told to talk to company representatives at the career fair. After the career fair, I was sent an application form via email. I then had two on-campus interviews. I received an email inviting me to an office visit. I had a dinner the night before, an interview with a manager, an interview with a partner, and finally a lunch with an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a long process. The firm puts a lot of work into their recruiting process to make sure you are a good fit for the company. I was able to meet employees from the associates to partners during the process. Overall, I felt that it was a fair process.

Interview Questions

• There is a non-traditional case study during the final round interview.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

Talked with an employee at a campus career fair, was invited to apply to the company. Passed the application and had two interviews and a writing sample on campus. Passed that phase and was invited to interview at the HQ in Dallas along with a casual dinner the night before the interview with a few younger employees of the company (<2years).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about behaviors/personality/interests.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Thorough process that involved:

1. Coffee/Gatekeeper session - Allowed me to meet with a Sendero to see if it was a good fit to move to the next stage
    2. Office Interview 1st Round - Interviewed with Manager and Senior Managers, only behavioral and professional situation/experience questions. No case interview.
    3. Office Interview 2nd Round - Interviewed with Principals and CEO, only behavioral and professional situation/experience questions. No case interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you made a mistake? How did you mitigate the issue and reassure the client?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The process begins with an informal meet and greet such as at a pastry shop. You'll meet with a member of the team of your rank or level of experience and it's more of an open discussion. This seems to be more to tell if you're a fit for the "culture" though I would imagine that if you do a poor job talking to your experience (i.e. elevator speech) that too could disqualify.

Should mutual interest be established at this session, you'll then be brought in for in person interviews with a handful of Senior Managers and eventually a member of the executive team. This can happen over the course of 1 interview (multiple hours) or be broken into 2 2 hour interviews often with a dinner / lunch on the end of the last interview.

If you're telling the truth and have the experience you claim you do on your resume or have talked about previously with Sendero, you will find the in office interview(s) manageable. I'm not going to call this easy though, I was quite well prepared and still found myself having to take a pause on a couple of occasions before responding to questions asked by a couple of interviewers in particular.

That said, even as you're grilled (yes, there is one interviewer who pushes to the point he has a reputation for it) you can tell the interviewer wants you to succeed. Don't let the pressure applied throw you off track in your responses and you'll see

Lastly, I can't stress enough how important each and every interaction is. Do not take your initial informal interview lightly and do not take the dinner / lunch lightly should you be fortunate enough to make it that far. On the surface these seem like nice to haves but, they too matter.

Interview Questions

• They will ask some questions about your experience but, really seem most interested in how you solve problems. I'm not giving away the farm here as I want the process to remain effective but, the behavioral aspect of this will outweigh the in-depth technical stuff that really should be more table stakes in a consulting interview anyways.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

The on-campus interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews with a writing sample in between. The interviewers were friendly managers who had a great deal of pride in the company. They were very straightforward in their answers to my questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you felt your team members were not contributing an adequate level of effort into a project? How did you handle this situation?   2 Answers

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a series of four interview. Two on-campus and Two at the job site. When you went to Dallas, you met for dinner the first night and then the second morning you had an interview, lunch and then one more interview. Overall it wasn't too taxing but it really did make you think and challenge you. It can be a bit overwhelming though, they ask you typical consulting questions, but they also focus a lot on personal questions. Fitting the culture there is very important to the company.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Two on campus interviews on consecutive days, a dinner with three associates or analysts, one office interview with a principal, lunch with an associate or analyst, one office interview with a partner. Everyone made me feel very at ease so I was comfortable being myself

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to balance a lot of items on your agenda   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

The interview process was a learning experience and a little intimidating at first, but when I got to know the people some through introductions I was at ease. They were so kind and the questions were thought provokers.