Sendero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Application on campus, phone interview with scenario questions from past experiences, then in-person on campus interview with the same types of questions and a writing sample that was basically drafting an email about a late project to a Manager. The final interview was in the office in Dallas. They invited me down the night before, and I had dinner with a couple of other applicants and a couple of lower level employees. The next morning, I had 3 interviews. The first was with is a higher level employee, and it also consisted doing a consulting diagram scenario, and then the scenario questions again. Next, was an interview with a Partner, which was mostly the partner telling me about the company and its culture. Lastly, was an informal lunch with a lower level employee.

My only critique about the interview process is that the company is not transparent enough about its hiring and compensation package. They focus a lot of the company culture, job descriptions, and management, but there's no discussion of compensation until the offer letter. The salary is really low, especially for a downtown Dallas consulting firm. They seem to have a good health insurance plan and PTO though. Overall, if you're not worried about money, it seems a decent job in a friendly environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to make a decision for a group.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you encountered a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a lot of projects and how you managed your time.   Answer Question

Entry Level Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

They have a list of questions to ask and many of them are behavioral questions and similar to each other, a lot of tell me a time you did this questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Informal coffee with a current analyst employee, then a lunch with another analyst and a two hour in office behavioral interview with two managers, then a final in office interview with a manager and partner.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were behavioral questions, so have plenty of scenarios of your past experience ready. While they were all reasonable questions, it's about 4 hours worth total, so I started running out of examples.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

-Meet and greet the night before career fair
    -Quick interview at career fair where I handed them my resume
    Heard back a few days after career fair and got asked to submit my resume online. After submitting my application, I got asked to do a phone interview with a manager. The next step was an on campus interview with a senior manager. The next step was an in office round of interviews. This step included a lunch and dinner with an employee.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sendero (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a quick 30-min phone-screen interview with the HR recruiter. The recruiter was very intelligent and easy going. The interview questions were fairly generic on my background. Though they did not give any reason to not move forward with me; I am sure if I work with Sendero team for few hours; they would not have any problem recommending me to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After talking at a career fair, I was invited to do a phone interview and then a second round Skype interview. Moving on to the final round, I was invited to dinner the night before the interview with some current associates. For the final round, I was interviewed in the office by two higher-ups in the company. I was also taken to lunch nearby with another current associate. I found the interviews to be mostly a matter of getting to know you and your resume, but also there was a small case study. My only complaint was the lack of prompt communication by the HR department.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero in March 2017.

Interview

There were essentially three actual interviews with people from the company prior to offers being given. Before you get to a first round/HR screen with Sendero, you have to meet with a recruiter at the career fair and then be sent an application via email if they think you may be a fit. After filling the application out, it took at most a week before I heard back from the company requesting that I schedule a phone call. First interview is mostly about your background/resume and a few behavioral questions. It didn't take too long before I heard back to schedule an on-campus interview, which consisted of an in-person interview that is part "get to know you" and part behavioral alongside a writing sample portion. After the second interview, it took about a day before an email about final round interviews and a night-prior dinner was sent out. The final interviews consist of two back-to-back meetings with a principal/sr. manager and a partner. This is followed by a lunch with an analyst.

Overall, a very quick process and not too stressful. It was fun getting to talk to people from the company. Recruiting/HR also respond very quickly, which was awesome.

Interview Questions

• You will be presented with a business situation and asked to do an activity with the information provided. It was basically a small case.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Started with a resume drop/application at college career fair, then a short phone interview, then on-campus interview and writing sample, last round was a final interview consisting of an office tour, a simple case study, and a partner interview. I heard back about a week later

Interview Questions

• If you could be a consultant for any company, who would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After hearing about the company from a friend, I emailed my resume and a cover letter to the recruiting email found on the company's website. About a week later, I received an email asking me to complete an application. Two days after I submitted my application, I was asked to do a phone interview, which consisted mostly of behavioral questions. About two weeks later, I was asked to do a Skype interview, which was very similar to the first interview. Following that, the company invited me out to their office in Dallas for a final round of interviews. I had breakfast with a current Associate, and then I was taken to the office for two interviews - a small case study with a manager and a final interview with a partner, emphasizing culture fit. After my office visit, I did not hear back and receive my offer for another 3 weeks, which was the only negative aspect of the interview process. Overall, I had a very enjoyable experience!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What are you passionate about?   Answer Question
    • What are the pros/cons of a small management consulting firm? Large consulting firms?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the most challenging aspects of consulting?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when...
      -you failed
      -you diagnosed a problem incorrectly
      -you led a team or meeting
      -you had to work with someone who had differing views
      -you had to resolve conflict   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Consists of two main interview days where you interview with various managers, senior managers, and partners. On the final interview, you're invited to an office visit that includes lunch with a current associate. Everyone is very helpful and wants to make you feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced conflict on a team and how you handled it.   Answer Question