Sendero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

-Meet and greet the night before career fair
    -Quick interview at career fair where I handed them my resume
    Heard back a few days after career fair and got asked to submit my resume online. After submitting my application, I got asked to do a phone interview with a manager. The next step was an on campus interview with a senior manager. The next step was an in office round of interviews. This step included a lunch and dinner with an employee.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sendero (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a quick 30-min phone-screen interview with the HR recruiter. The recruiter was very intelligent and easy going. The interview questions were fairly generic on my background. Though they did not give any reason to not move forward with me; I am sure if I work with Sendero team for few hours; they would not have any problem recommending me to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

After talking at a career fair, I was invited to do a phone interview and then a second round Skype interview. Moving on to the final round, I was invited to dinner the night before the interview with some current associates. For the final round, I was interviewed in the office by two higher-ups in the company. I was also taken to lunch nearby with another current associate. I found the interviews to be mostly a matter of getting to know you and your resume, but also there was a small case study. My only complaint was the lack of prompt communication by the HR department.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero in March 2017.

Interview

There were essentially three actual interviews with people from the company prior to offers being given. Before you get to a first round/HR screen with Sendero, you have to meet with a recruiter at the career fair and then be sent an application via email if they think you may be a fit. After filling the application out, it took at most a week before I heard back from the company requesting that I schedule a phone call. First interview is mostly about your background/resume and a few behavioral questions. It didn't take too long before I heard back to schedule an on-campus interview, which consisted of an in-person interview that is part "get to know you" and part behavioral alongside a writing sample portion. After the second interview, it took about a day before an email about final round interviews and a night-prior dinner was sent out. The final interviews consist of two back-to-back meetings with a principal/sr. manager and a partner. This is followed by a lunch with an analyst.

Overall, a very quick process and not too stressful. It was fun getting to talk to people from the company. Recruiting/HR also respond very quickly, which was awesome.

Interview Questions

• You will be presented with a business situation and asked to do an activity with the information provided. It was basically a small case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I interviewed through campus hiring. One round of on campus interviews, one super day in Dallas. All in all a very good experiences of getting to know people at the firm from the associate to partner level. Mostly behavioral with one small case.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with multiple tasks at one time?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my university career page and was told to talk to company representatives at the career fair. After the career fair, I was sent an application form via email. I then had two on-campus interviews. I received an email inviting me to an office visit. I had a dinner the night before, an interview with a manager, an interview with a partner, and finally a lunch with an analyst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your team failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was a long process. The firm puts a lot of work into their recruiting process to make sure you are a good fit for the company. I was able to meet employees from the associates to partners during the process. Overall, I felt that it was a fair process.

Interview Questions

• There is a non-traditional case study during the final round interview.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

Talked with an employee at a campus career fair, was invited to apply to the company. Passed the application and had two interviews and a writing sample on campus. Passed that phase and was invited to interview at the HQ in Dallas along with a casual dinner the night before the interview with a few younger employees of the company (<2years).

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions about behaviors/personality/interests.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Thorough process that involved:

1. Coffee/Gatekeeper session - Allowed me to meet with a Sendero to see if it was a good fit to move to the next stage
    2. Office Interview 1st Round - Interviewed with Manager and Senior Managers, only behavioral and professional situation/experience questions. No case interview.
    3. Office Interview 2nd Round - Interviewed with Principals and CEO, only behavioral and professional situation/experience questions. No case interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you made a mistake? How did you mitigate the issue and reassure the client?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The process begins with an informal meet and greet such as at a pastry shop. You'll meet with a member of the team of your rank or level of experience and it's more of an open discussion. This seems to be more to tell if you're a fit for the "culture" though I would imagine that if you do a poor job talking to your experience (i.e. elevator speech) that too could disqualify.

Should mutual interest be established at this session, you'll then be brought in for in person interviews with a handful of Senior Managers and eventually a member of the executive team. This can happen over the course of 1 interview (multiple hours) or be broken into 2 2 hour interviews often with a dinner / lunch on the end of the last interview.

If you're telling the truth and have the experience you claim you do on your resume or have talked about previously with Sendero, you will find the in office interview(s) manageable. I'm not going to call this easy though, I was quite well prepared and still found myself having to take a pause on a couple of occasions before responding to questions asked by a couple of interviewers in particular.

That said, even as you're grilled (yes, there is one interviewer who pushes to the point he has a reputation for it) you can tell the interviewer wants you to succeed. Don't let the pressure applied throw you off track in your responses and you'll see

Lastly, I can't stress enough how important each and every interaction is. Do not take your initial informal interview lightly and do not take the dinner / lunch lightly should you be fortunate enough to make it that far. On the surface these seem like nice to haves but, they too matter.

Interview Questions

• They will ask some questions about your experience but, really seem most interested in how you solve problems. I'm not giving away the farm here as I want the process to remain effective but, the behavioral aspect of this will outweigh the in-depth technical stuff that really should be more table stakes in a consulting interview anyways.   Answer Question