Sendero Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sendero Interview Questions

Interviews at Sendero

2.8

Internship Interview

Interview

Handed someone a resume at a career fair and had a conversation with them. they happened to be an alumni at the school I go to, filled out an online application which asked for three references, did a phone interview, received skype interview (but have not done it yet)

Interview Questions

• When was a time you were tolerant of someone else's opinion?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

The recruiter was really engaging and interested and followed up quickly and promptly. This was just a phone screening and I'm still ongoing but so far I have really enjoyed the process!

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

Friendly, culture oriented. Really enjoyed it. You got to meet a lot of people that are really kind. They are all about culture and maintaining their culture. If you are a person of integrity, this is a great place for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed, describe a time when you didn't get along with someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (University Park, TX).

Interview

Sendero seems to have incredibly nice folks and a strong culture. However, their interview process seems very mechanical and devoid of interest in candidates. You meet them at a career fair to get invited to apply for a quick screen, and it seems robotic. The interview is even more mechanical. Rather than have a normal conversation, Sendero instead asks you a standard behavioral and spends the whole time transcribing your answer versus remaining engaged. It felt stiff and disinterested. I left my interview planning on declining Sendero because these two processes would make me concerned about how evaluations and promotions would occur in office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were tolerant of another   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that a group went with your way after disagreement   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I dropped off my resume at a career fair and spoke to an HR representative. It was a super laid back conversation and more of a get to know you while gauging your interest in Sendero and ability to hold a conversation. The next day, I was emailed an online application to fill out. They gave me about a week to fill it out. A few business days later, I got an email inviting me for a phone interview with a manager. The interview was 3 behavioral questions. The next day I got an email inviting me to an on-campus interview. I had the on-campus interview the next week with a manager and it included a writing sample and 3 behavioral questions. The next day I got an email inviting me to final round interviews in Dallas. The final round included a dinner the night before with some candidates and employees. The interview day included 1 interview with a partner (mostly a conversation/passions), 1 case interview/behavioral interview (3/4 behavioral questions + Mini Case that you get 10 mins to think about on), and 1-1 lunch with current associate or analyst. They said the would let me know their decision within 1-2 weeks. I heard back a little over a week later with a phone call from the partner who interviewed me. The whole process took about 7 weeks.

They accommodate you very nicely, reimburse you for your gas mileage if you are traveling out of town, and pay for all your meals.

Since they only typically ask you 3 questions for behavioral questions, make sure you use the STAR method and go into depth with your answers. They will usually follow up on your example with more questions to dig a little deeper so be sure to know what your role was in the project/job/internship and the outcome. They also want to see if you are conversational!

The case was not challenging, and they were looking for your thought process on how you would approach/analyze the case to get to a thoughtful recommendation.

Everyone I met was so friendly and super easy to talk to. I loved the culture and really felt that amazing culture throughout my whole process. Be sure to make genuine connections and be able to hold a conversation!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you diagnosed a problem correctly or incorrectly.

Tell me about a time you were tolerant of someone else.

Tell me about a time everyone on the team gave up and what did you do to motivate them.

Give us an example of a time you were in an unfamiliar role and what you did to overcome it.

Give us a time you took action even though it was not your responsibility.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process is quite robust and not unlike other major players in the industry. I applied by giving my resume to a recruiter at my school's career fair, and was emailed shortly after to complete a full application through an online portal. Following this, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with a current manager at one of their offices. This phone interview lasted roughly 45 minutes, and was primarily behavioral questions.
    The next day, I received an invitation to their Dallas office for a final round of interviews. Sendero paid for a night at a very nice Dallas hotel, and had current analysts take myself and two other candidates to dinner the night before the interview day. This was a relaxing meal and a chance to get a feel for personality fit, as well as to engage with some of the other candidates. The next day, I had two interviews with managers and an interview with a senior partner. These were, again, mostly behavioral questions. With one of the managers, we also did a short 10 minute case study. Nothing too aggressive, and more of a way to test critical thinking skills. The Senior Partner was more of a chat about Sendero's structure, values, and goals. After all of this, Sendero had a current first year associate take me to lunch for a final decompress and chance to talk to a more recent hire about the process as well as their experiences so far. I heard back after three weeks regarding their final decision. Overall, this was a long, but very positive, experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time where you disagreed with a coworker or teammate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

The recruitment team came to my university's career fair. I was required to visit the booth at the career fair and drop off my resume to be considered for employment. The recruiters and managers there asked me some interview-like questions as we were speaking. The next day, I got invited to complete a supplemental application. I had 1 week to complete the supplemental application. A week after submitting the supplemental application, I was invited to complete a phone screen, which happened the following week. The day after the phone screen, I was invited to an on-campus interview, which was scheduled for the following week. I was not able to complete the on-campus interview due to a conflict with another interview day out of town with a different company. Fortunately, the recruiting team was kind enough to allow me to complete this interview during the final-round interview, so I got pushed to the final round. The final round interview occured 2 weeks after the on-campus interview would have been. At the final round interview, I got to meet current employees and complete 1 behavioral interview, 1 case interview, and the 1 make-up interview I missed earlier in the process.

I told the recruiters my timeline and was told that they would have an answer for me within a week (I had a week and half until I needed to respond to an existing offer). I didn't get the response in time to make my decision and had to consider my other offers without knowing whether Sendero would give me an offer or not. The next week, a recruiting manager (who knew my timeline) reached out and said the team would need at least another week to make their decision. At this point I had already accepted another job offer, so I withdrew my application from consideration. This was a shame, because I found the employees to be so kind and genuine throughout the process. Ultimately the process was mostly positive but the way it ended was very unprofessional and left me with a bad taste about how well the company was run. The whole process, start to finish, took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sendero.

Interview

The interview process was smooth but long. First step: stop by the career fair. Next, the application if you've made it through to the next round. Then phone interviews with behavior/fit questions. Then an on-campus visit with more behavior/fit questions and a short writing assignment that shows your communication skills. Next round is on-site, they accommodate you VERY nicely and the first night is dinner, the next day is 3 more interviews: 1 case, 1 behavioral/fit at lunch, and a company run through with a partner. Overall I talked to 10 different people, they were consistently transparent and pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sendero (Dallas, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

I started with a phone interview after I spoke with a representative at my universities career fair. After the phone interview, I continued with an on-campus interview that included a writing sample. The final round of interviewing was in Dallas at their office. They had a group of us go to dinner the night before, and then we went through a series of interviews the next day. This also included a case study.

Interview Questions

• Most the questions were behavior questions. For Example, explain a time that you were in a difficult situation or how you got through a certain process.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I was a campus recruit and went through a pretty extensive interview process. All in all it was 3 rounds and I met about 10 people at the company along the way. Everyone is really invested in sharing what the company is about and what your role will be. They had amazing transparency throughout the entire process. There is a case study but it is not super challenging.

Interview Questions

• General tell us about yourself, what led you to consulting, etc.   Answer Question