Simon Property Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Simon Property Group

2.5

Construction Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Very through process. Met with several members of management and the internal department team. Very enjoyable process. It's a very talented group of people that understand the retail environment. Be prepared and understand how a REIT differs from merely a retail ownership.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted Online - 1 Phone Interview - 2 in person interviews one on campus and one at the corporate headquarters in Indianapolis - Full day interview meeting with all relevant department heads

Assistant Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

Informal, laid back. First with the Marketing Director, next with the General MAnager of the property. Both just wanting to know more about my work experience. About a week after first interview received a call with an offer which I accepted

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2013.

Interview

NIGHT MARE PROCESS - Phone screen went really well and was invited to the headquarters to meet with the VP and SVP of the department. Thought that was extreme for an internship. Was invited back for more of the same, 3 hours in the office. Was told an offer was on the way, then was asked to drive back to the office for the 3rd time (a 3 hour trip each way for me), when I got to Indy I received a call asking to reschedule. Explained I had made the 3 hour trip and then suddenly they had time to meet. Waited another month for formal offer. Accepted. They pushed my start date back twice, and the second time politely told me via voicemail they were restructuring the department and eliminated the need for my position after I had already moved to Indianapolis for the job. Not the only story like this I've heard, including from more senior positions.

Interview Questions

• Asked for work samples, asked about goals, motivational interviewing type questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Braintree, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

I was introduced to the role via my university's co-op program. After I applied to the role on a university job post, I was then contacted for an interview. The questions were pretty basic, and the role was for a 6-month internship, so I am not sure how vested the interviewer was in my career development. I went to my interview and was offered the role a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How will your supply chain background help in a marketing-based role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Sherman, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Like any other company, application and resume, phone interview then 1 on 1 interview including some time with other staff

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy and generic, asking about what was your past experience   Answer Question
    • The questions were easy and generic, asking about what were duties at past jobs   Answer Question

Not interested

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really short. I arrived about 15 minutes early and I sat in the office, once I got back to the room where they would be interviewing me. They asked me about 3 questions and that was it. I could kind of tell they weren't interested by the way they were speaking.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simon Property Group in February 2016.

Interview

phone screen -> interview with potential supervisor. very basic and casual conversation. both of my interviews were through the phone. there is also a 50 word minimum on this portion of the review so i'm just gonna keep typing stuff until i meet the minimum hopefully it's okay now

Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Sunrise, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Two week process.Interview was around an hour. Asked what I expected to learn as an intern. It was done one on one with a series of questions. Asked what my future goals were from 1, 5, 10 years.

Marketing Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Simon Property Group in December 2010.

Interview

Pretty standard for an intern position. Had me come into the office after the Marketing Director reviewed my resume. Asked pretty standard questions, more about my personality than my work experience, since I had previously worked in logistics and operations and not marketing.