Simon Property Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Buford, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about a week later for a phone interview. Then was asked to come in the next day for an in person interview. Had a interview with the manager then the marketing manager came in to ask a few questions. The next day I had to do an online assessment then a background check and they had to call my references. I received an official job offer 6 days after the in person interview.
    Process was very quick yet extremely professional.

Marketing Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Property Group.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and looked very put together. Everyone was very kind and the mall was gorgeous. The interviewer was extremely nice and was impressed with my portfolio, my background in retail, and knowledge in the field. Lasted 1 hr. She told me she liked me and to be on the lookout for a follow up email to take a quiz. I followed up with a thank you email. After 1 month of waiting I still received nothing. What a true disappointment.

Marketing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Yarmouth, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (South Yarmouth, MA).

Interview

I received a call asking for me to come in for an interview with the Marketing Director and then two days later an interview with the Interim Mall Manager. Both parties were extremely polite and willing to answer all of my questions about the job description. I was asked about my skills in return and how I would be an asset to the company.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon Property Group.

Interview

Too corporate of a company and I felt they already had an applicant in mind but did not tell me that beforehand so it was a waste of both our times.

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The office manager interviewed me and asked questions about my job history. It was very basic and easy, almost felt like meeting someone new at a coffee shop. I recieved a call back the next day for a 2nd interview, but I declined because employees cannot take time off during the holidays since its their busy season.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult customers?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Simon Property Group.

Interview

1-- Applied online - experience was average or expected
    Received an email - they were interested in my application, had an invitation to take their skills matching online assessment. (Also received call from local GM confirming this invitation) Received request very shortly after applying online - definitely less than a week.

2-- Skills matching assessment - experience was intense and seemingly never ending. Was told this would take an hour and a half at most --- 3-4 hours later I finished. Logic questions, math questions, vocabulary questions.

3-- Local Interview in person - Informed I passed with high marks 95%? - invited to Interview at local office. Experience was average or expected. Met with GM - she was fantastic. Really had good report. Also met marketing assistant and she was pretty good, too. Given the impression this was a slam dunk. Almost 2 hour local interview.

4-- Phone interview with Regional Marketing Manager - scoped out her LinkedIn profile, she'd pretty much only worked for Simon in her work history. One hour phone interview

5-- Phone interview with Regional Business Development Manager - scoped out his LinkedIn profile, he'd pretty much only worked for Simon in his work history. One hour phone interview.

6-- Interview at Corporate -- a week later they FLEW ME TO INDIANAPOLIS. Not sure if it was designed to impress - but it didn't - I was more annoyed than anything that they didn't have enough from this process to close the deal. Yet, I do understand that it is less expensive to fly someone in for ANOTHER interview than to train the wrong candidate. At the airport at 5:30am -- didn't return until 10:45pm that same day - they didn't bother to set a lunch or dinner meeting or even pick me up at the airport. I was responsible for transfers and food, they would reimburse me -- still waiting for that. 2 hour interview at corporate plus an entire day of travel)

HOMEWORK A: present a 30-60-90 day onboarding / sales success plan and review with Regional Marketing & Regional Business Development Managers (at least 2-3 hours to prepare)

HOMEWORK B: prepare a Simon Brand Ventures pitch to a prospective client and present to Regional Marketing & Regional Business Development Managers (PowerPoint, no more than 10 slides) (at least 8 hours to prepare)

7-- "Since we're here" - invited me to meet a Vice President that oversaw the General Managers while in Indianapolis. She kept me waiting easily 20+ minutes with these other regional directors. Finally had a chance to spend about 10 minutes with her while a bunch of staffers were having some sort of happy hour on the patio. I thought this went well for the limited time we had. Thanked for my time and I asked when they would be making a decision, they said by next week some time.

Arrived home by 11:00pm - by 3:45pm the NEXT DAY I had a rejection letter in my email. (Not even a phone call). I honestly left feeling I aced this hoop jumping extravaganza interview marathon. I've held MUCH MORE PROMINENT positions than what I was interviewing for and didn't have to circus stunt like this.

After being shocked for about an hour - a stark realization hit me -- if they cannot or will not empower the local general manager to make a hire decision (the person who would be my immediate supervisor) a) what do they think of her? Are they looking to get rid of her? b) if I'm seeing THIS MUCH micromanaging in the interview process - what would it be like to work for these people? I spent WELL OVER 40 hours of my life researching and preparing presentations, flying to Indianapolis, taking their online assessment and meeting for a total of 6 1/2 hours of interviews - to not land this less then desirable paying job?!! I think this worked out for the best.

PLEASE BEWARE OF THE CULTURE - don't get excited until you get the job, tell them you "bleed Simon" even if it's not well branded in your community (like mine - it's a MALL not a "SIMON MALL" - nobody around here knows the parent company) because I truly feel after this experience that they'd rather believe a lie than admit that branding is not strong everywhere. GOOD LUCK - but be careful you DON'T WASTE TOO MUCH OF YOUR PRECIOUS JOB SEARCHING TIME!

Interview Questions

• I was asked the same canned interviewing questions at least 4 times through this process - starting with "Tell me about yourself".   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Charlotte, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. They called to tell me to interview. I met with the Marketing Director and the Guest Services Manager. It was only about half an hour. After that, there was a lot of online paperwork and tests. For example, a math and vocab test, a personality test, and some other ones about handling customers. The online process took forever, and nobody gave me a heads up or even told me about it beforehand. I wish they handled hiring employees more in-person than over the computer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What relevant experience do you have? Biggest strength/weakness? Name a time you had to deal with an upset customer.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Kennesaw, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was really short. I arrived about 15 minutes early and I sat in the office, once I got back to the room where they would be interviewing me. They asked me about 3 questions and that was it. I could kind of tell they weren't interested by the way they were speaking.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Simon Property Group in May 2016.

Interview

I applied on May 1, and received an offer June 2. First I received a phone call from HR a week after i applied, which was a screening to inform me on the expectations of the position and to make sure my qualifications matched. Then a week later I had two phone interviews with the Regional Vice President. After that I had to take an assessment which was about an hour long. It was a personality section, math section, and grammar. I had to submit a background check as well. A week later I received an offer. The process was very organized. HR was great and made me comfortable with relocating.

Interview Questions

• There were Behavior questions (Name a time you dealt with a difficult client, How did you handle it?). Mostly we talked about my work experience. My advice is to show your personality and be confident.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Simon Property Group (Eagan, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, called the next day for an interview and was hired on the spot. Fingerprints and drug test. very easy process... if you don't get hired, you must of really done something wrong

Interview Questions

• If you were a supervisor and had 2 officers working and there was a shoplifter, medical incident and a lost child reported. What would you send your officers to and why   1 Answer