SiriusXM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.6

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online through the SiriusXM careers page. HR contacted me and I met with the Executive Producer & Program Director of the station. The interview process was smooth, but did take a bit to get the paperwork through to get hired.

Direct Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. All were pretty easy and questions were focus at the specific job at hand. The people seemed pleasant and pretty knowledgeable. I brought in work of specific projects I've handled and have more experience than necessary for the role. I could handle this role in my sleep. There was not a single difficult question or topic about the responsibilties. Even though I thought it went well, I was not offered the position. HR would not/could not provide any feedback as to why. The position is still listed on siteboards 3 months later.

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to meet with my potential "mentor" - the person for whom I would be interning. He proceeded to ask me questions about my interest in the music business, my experience, my interests, and my availability. It was very standard.

Part-Time Music Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long and tedious, with the company constantly stringing me along. Had my first interview on 10/28/16 and went very well. Made it to the next round and it went well too. Then was told to wait for the third round, which was supposed to be a formality with their VP. Email came through telling me to be hold out to schedule the third interview, with the ending "excited to add you 3 to the team." Then waited two more weeks with no response from Sirius. Finally, third interview happened and then it was radio (pardon the pun) for two more weeks until a few days ago when I was told they had decided to go in a different direction. Nerve-wracking and no explanations ever. This came in on 12/28/16. Exactly two months since my first interview. Unacceptable and rude.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen was fair w/ HR, asked personality questions and why SiriusXM. Second round of interviews, had to go to their NY office. Met with multiple Directors and analysts who walked through my resume and asked technical questions re: Excel and accounting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Do you know how to use pivot tables, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First HR called me , then he setup technical screening which was supposed to be for 40 min but dragged 1 hour though I was quite sure they will not go forward with me .

Interview Questions

• 1. Fragment , service , asynctask , service lifecycle
      2. How to stop garbage collection (never had this question in my life before)
      3. Lots of questions of Rx-java , though I told them I don't know that they keep on asking about it (like how to run multiple asynctask at the same time)
      4. Android ndk
      5. Android localization
      6. At the end they asked me a data structure question
      You are given a list of strings , find the anagrams (not sure if the guy wanted me to compare every 2 of them) , time complexity of that etc , by that time I kind of understood they have a different requirement so did not try much for this question.
      7. How two threads will communicate with each other (not sure if it is android related or general java question)
      8 . How do you handle server exception
      9 . Android recycleview
      1 Answer

Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to set up a phone interview and a few weeks later I met the team. I spoke with 3 members of the group and all were very friendly.

Response Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Just asked some behavior questions. Nothing really special after that she asked me about my job history. After a a week then sent me a email saying I didn't get the job and they went with other people

Content Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

6 interviews, 2 separate trips to their offices, multiple phone conversations, countless emails and in the end they passed on me for a position I was qualified for and gave no explanation as to why. Zero feedback. I found this experience to be incredibly frustrating given the amount of time and communication put into this process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What gets you up in the morning? The basics.   Answer Question

Data Coordinator (In DC) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a request for phone interview in 2 days from a SiriusXM HR recruiter in NY even though the position was in DC. Probably lasted no more that 8-10 minutes as we did not go the the next phase. See questions below.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job experience?
      Do you have experience in excel?
      Was asked about my current salary & that is when the bulk of the conversation stopped. Had no clue when applying that the position was entry level. Kindly wrote back Thanking them & asking to remove me from consideration for the position.
      Answer Question