SiriusXM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.6

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Process was easy and simple. I had a phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews. The conversation I had with the people that I met were very thorough and they were very pleasant. Everyone I met with told me what it takes to do the job. There are lots of perks with the company, one of them being summer Fridays

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had multiple interviews with the production team. Asking me questions about my past job and what my skills are. A very productive interview. Until I got to the host who just talked over me didn't ask any questions and decided he didn't want to hire me.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online through the SiriusXM careers page. HR contacted me and I met with the Executive Producer & Program Director of the station. The interview process was smooth, but did take a bit to get the paperwork through to get hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track of your responsibilities?   1 Answer

Direct Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. All were pretty easy and questions were focus at the specific job at hand. The people seemed pleasant and pretty knowledgeable. I brought in work of specific projects I've handled and have more experience than necessary for the role. I could handle this role in my sleep. There was not a single difficult question or topic about the responsibilties. Even though I thought it went well, I was not offered the position. HR would not/could not provide any feedback as to why. The position is still listed on siteboards 3 months later.

Connected Vehicle Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is easy and there no drug test whats so ever! They will hire anybody! They will take you into the call center and have you listen to one call and make it seem real laid back. They will be friendly fake and act like the job is great when they fail to tell you that you will never work a weekend after training.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in customer service?   1 Answer

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to meet with my potential "mentor" - the person for whom I would be interning. He proceeded to ask me questions about my interest in the music business, my experience, my interests, and my availability. It was very standard.

Part-Time Music Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long and tedious, with the company constantly stringing me along. Had my first interview on 10/28/16 and went very well. Made it to the next round and it went well too. Then was told to wait for the third round, which was supposed to be a formality with their VP. Email came through telling me to be hold out to schedule the third interview, with the ending "excited to add you 3 to the team." Then waited two more weeks with no response from Sirius. Finally, third interview happened and then it was radio (pardon the pun) for two more weeks until a few days ago when I was told they had decided to go in a different direction. Nerve-wracking and no explanations ever. This came in on 12/28/16. Exactly two months since my first interview. Unacceptable and rude.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SiriusXM in October 2016.

Interview

Internal: Simple and quick conversation, which was not comforting. Nothing challenging and no trick questions. Over the phone interview discussing life and future plans. Seemed more concerned about salary than anything else.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

Initial phone screen was fair w/ HR, asked personality questions and why SiriusXM. Second round of interviews, had to go to their NY office. Met with multiple Directors and analysts who walked through my resume and asked technical questions re: Excel and accounting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. Do you know how to use pivot tables, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First HR called me , then he setup technical screening which was supposed to be for 40 min but dragged 1 hour though I was quite sure they will not go forward with me .

Interview Questions

• 1. Fragment , service , asynctask , service lifecycle
      2. How to stop garbage collection (never had this question in my life before)
      3. Lots of questions of Rx-java , though I told them I don't know that they keep on asking about it (like how to run multiple asynctask at the same time)
      4. Android ndk
      5. Android localization
      6. At the end they asked me a data structure question
      You are given a list of strings , find the anagrams (not sure if the guy wanted me to compare every 2 of them) , time complexity of that etc , by that time I kind of understood they have a different requirement so did not try much for this question.
      7. How two threads will communicate with each other (not sure if it is android related or general java question)
      8 . How do you handle server exception