SiriusXM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.6

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

1st interview went well I thought. I have very good Mac skills as well as windows, and supporting end users. Been with last company 14 years. The second interview with Irene in HR, I thought went well. In fact she said I was one of the top candidates. And decision was being made that day. And yet I never heard back either way. I also sent updated resume today as I realized some specifics I know were left off old resume.

Interview Questions

• my background and specifics and how i deal with end user   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

First, i would like to start of by saying the team I met with was knowledgeable and interested in what I had to offer to the role and the company.

Second, I could not have had a worse recruiter experience. The recruiter met with me prior to the interview with the team, she was extremely rude and cut me off while I was trying to explain my resume to her. She didn’t seem to care about what i had to offer to the role, nor did she care for the positions I held as she ignored the first one I had. Along with that, the recruiter said I was being over compensated at my current role (My current role is different than the role I interviewed for, with different responsibilities and stakeholders). She also told me “If i were you, I would just stay there”. She had no interest in learning about my background or selling the job to me. This is as much the company’s interview as it is mine. she made the position out to be completely different than the JD (i asked the hiring manager and stated that was false, the JD was more accurate). This whole experience with the recruiter left a sour taste in my mouth. She also said I wouldn’t achieve the goals I have set for myself in the next few years of being in the company, not sure if that’s the message a company wants to send out to its potential employees.

Again, I enjoyed meeting the team, but the one person who was suppose to talk to me about the company and its culture, failed to do so.

** I have not heard back yet, as they are still interviewing - so not sure if I have an offer yet or not. This was just my opinion on the interview process.**

Interview Questions

• Recruiter: Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?   1 Answer

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Process was easy and simple. I had a phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews. The conversation I had with the people that I met were very thorough and they were very pleasant. Everyone I met with told me what it takes to do the job. There are lots of perks with the company, one of them being summer Fridays

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had multiple interviews with the production team. Asking me questions about my past job and what my skills are. A very productive interview. Until I got to the host who just talked over me didn't ask any questions and decided he didn't want to hire me.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online through the SiriusXM careers page. HR contacted me and I met with the Executive Producer & Program Director of the station. The interview process was smooth, but did take a bit to get the paperwork through to get hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep track of your responsibilities?   1 Answer

Direct Marketing Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. All were pretty easy and questions were focus at the specific job at hand. The people seemed pleasant and pretty knowledgeable. I brought in work of specific projects I've handled and have more experience than necessary for the role. I could handle this role in my sleep. There was not a single difficult question or topic about the responsibilties. Even though I thought it went well, I was not offered the position. HR would not/could not provide any feedback as to why. The position is still listed on siteboards 3 months later.

Connected Vehicle Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (Irving, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The hiring process is easy and there no drug test whats so ever! They will hire anybody! They will take you into the call center and have you listen to one call and make it seem real laid back. They will be friendly fake and act like the job is great when they fail to tell you that you will never work a weekend after training.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked in customer service?   1 Answer

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY).

Interview

I was invited to meet with my potential "mentor" - the person for whom I would be interning. He proceeded to ask me questions about my interest in the music business, my experience, my interests, and my availability. It was very standard.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had to have a screening on the phone first, then I went in to the building for a one on one. They asked some question about what I did and why I wanted to intern. Then I got a tour of the building studios and met some people in the building.

Part-Time Music Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SiriusXM (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long and tedious, with the company constantly stringing me along. Had my first interview on 10/28/16 and went very well. Made it to the next round and it went well too. Then was told to wait for the third round, which was supposed to be a formality with their VP. Email came through telling me to be hold out to schedule the third interview, with the ending "excited to add you 3 to the team." Then waited two more weeks with no response from Sirius. Finally, third interview happened and then it was radio (pardon the pun) for two more weeks until a few days ago when I was told they had decided to go in a different direction. Nerve-wracking and no explanations ever. This came in on 12/28/16. Exactly two months since my first interview. Unacceptable and rude.