Smart City Locating Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Smart City Locating

2.0

Sort:

Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Smart City Locating.

Interview

Month long, semi-arduous process. Had to submit SIX videos, plus cover letter, resume, etc., etc. Invited in for first interview - received EXCELLENT feedback. Felt very comfortable and candid during interview process. Was very excited.
    Invited in for second interview a few weeks later, complete opposite experience. Was told in the email from HR verbatim, "don't worry, it will still be totally chill". Absolutely nothing chill about it. This would be my one complaint, an inaccurate description about hat to expect - I feel it almost sets the interviewee up for failure. Questions were hard and typical corporate interview type, even though I was beyond prepared and had done extensive research. Did not feel relaxed with interviewer. Very confusing as this is the exact opposite of what they claim to be.

Found out a week later they were not going to move forward. SUPER bummed as I truly think I would have been a great fit for this company and I was really excited at the prospect of working there. So it goes.... Good luck !

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Super quick and easy, had a super fun and casual conversation with our CEO. She explained the job requirements and we talked about the culture of the company.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very casual. Think the exact opposite of a stuffy corporate job. We mostly talked about what I'm like in my every day life and had a casual conversation. After about 15 minutes, I was told that I was hired! Best interview ever.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

They posted on social media that they were hiring for Agents and you had to submit an email stating why you should work for Smart City. They brought me in and I chatted with Cassie for about 10 minutes about life and what I like to do in my free time. A ton of the Agents were in the office as I was leaving and all very friendly and inviting.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't your typical "Tell me about a time when..." They just want to know who you are and what you would bring to the team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

When I went in to interview for this role, I didn't know much about the job, all I knew is that I'd always been told that I was "a good people person" and "I'd be so good in a sales position". I also had gone through and apartment locator service a few years earlier and the thought of doing that myself had always been dancing around in the back of my mind. When I arrived, I was immediately introduced to everyone in the office, who were all very nice, then taken into a meeting room with, who I found out later was the CEO of the company. Within just few minutes of speaking with her, I knew I'd be happy to work for her. She threw around a few 4 letter words, which made me really comfortable talking to her, and then explained the ins and outs of the apartment locating business. She then let me know that upon getting my real estate license, she'd be happy to have me come work for her. I accepted and have been here since June and I don't expect I'll be leaving any time soon.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I sent in a paragraph about myself and got a 5 minute interview . She kept it simple and to the point which had its benefits because she could tell my personality in those 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• She asked me to tell me about myself. How has my last job been beneficial to this one? What I knew about the company? What does Value mean to me in a company.   1 Answer

Apartment Locator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Houston, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

They asked us to skip the resume and send in a few paragraphs about ourselves instead which I thought was an amazing approaching. Really allows you to be yourself.

Apartment Locator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX).

Interview

They don't want to see your resume. Emailed them about my interest in the position and then was called into the Dallas office for an interview. Talked with two people. First person was nice, second clearly did not want to be talking with me from the start. After the interviews were done, they said they would get back to me to schedule a second round of interviews within a week. Haven't heard anything back and they have not responded to my follow-up email. Pretty rude for such a small company. I don't recommend interviewing with Smart City Apartment Locating.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really ask any questions about me or my experience. They talked about the position and then basically shoved me out the door.   Answer Question

Smart City Locating Response

Jun 7, 2017 – Owner

Hi! I'm sorry you had a negative experience! Because we are a small company it is hard for us to handle a large influx of interviews, hence the reason we need to hire more people! We do around... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Smart City Locating (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Very lax/no structure. I don't have 30 words, it was just that. Wasn't nervous at all, so that's cool. Um, its more about getting to know you (at least it was for me) than your resume. Parking was odd, so please try not to be in a time crunch, for your sake.

Interview Questions

• I'm sure there were more job-related questions, but I can't remember much else. "What famous people have [I] met?"   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

It was not laid back at all. The interviewer drilled me with the typical corporate questions. Considering my strong background in sales and customer service, I was shocked. Some of the questions seemed irrelevant to the position. They are still hiring which makes me think it’s because of the horrible interviewer. I did not speak with the CEO, the experience might have been different if I had.