Cover image for Snap

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Snap Android Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 602 interviews

Campus Recruiting20%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Snap

Application

I interviewed at Snap

Interview

That was short and started with an online test, I think that was easy and after that, it goes with an online interview and some HR questions. the interviewer was so polite and kind and make me feel calm

Interview Questions
  • Question about software architecture and algorithms.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (New York, NY)

Interview

1 Applied online 2 Initial talk with recruiter, if interviewing at multiple places schedule snap last since they seem to move really quickly 3 first technical screen 4 onsite 4 technical one behavior 5 verbal offer and written offer Really smooth experience. All questions were fair definitely look at the leetcode snap questions. Know your basics dfs, bfs, linked lists, tries and binary trees. Also android/Kotlin basics such as inheritance and how to handle listeners and callbacks. Be familiar with the hacker rank platform as it is used and expect your code to run and TEST your code!

6 people found this interview helpful

70 Comments

Tech

453.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Snap~671946
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Snap (Toronto, ON) in Sep 2020

Interview

Phone call with Snap recruiter for about 30 minutes. Few days after, 1 hour coding interview on Zoom with a coding online tool ( don't remember which one ). Interview with an engineer from Snap, seems like a smart guy. He gave me a difficult recursive question that I just forgot how to solve.

Interview Questions
  • In a matrix with 0 or 1 cells. Find all possible '1' squares inside the matrix

Snap

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap in Jun 2018

Interview

Started off with a call from a recruiter. Quick chat about background. They asked for my Availability for an interview. On the decided day, i did the interview. i answered the question with the correct algorithm. it was very tedious to get my code to compile on hacker rank as it iant a proper ide. that took a bit of time. did not get the offer, they did not provide feedback .

Interview Questions
  • deep copy of a graph. they want fully working code that runs on test cases

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Snap (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Was contacted on LinkedIn through a in-house recruiter. Had a phone screen but rejected. It was quite wild in that most of the questions asked I had never heard before and really they are not relevant to much at all about developing. I thought they were poor predictors of on-the job performance (hint and pun intended). I actually did finish the coding problem, which was not a LeetCode problem, but that was pretty dumb as well too.

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Venice, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Snap (Venice, CA) in Apr 2017

Interview

One can with HR, then one remote technical interview focused on Android (make a little app). Then a on-site interview (divided in four interviews) that lasts 5.5 hours. First one was about algorithms and data structures. Second one about Android design. Third one about Java development. The last one is with the lead manager about Android design and your background.

Interview Questions
  • make a custom stack (fixed size and dynamic size)
  • how would you design a section of their app
1 person found this interview helpful