Software AG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

3.1

Computer Programmer/I T Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Software AG (Boston, MA).

Interview

Video/voice session online with company management. Follow up interview with client management. Four people asking questions. Simple process like most interviews. This app requires 30 words so I'm running on to meet the requirement, although I have nothing to add.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Software AG (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Series of interviews 8 in total that were a combination of telephone and face to face. It was a broad perspective of sales, presales and management personnel looking to see if this was a good fit

Interview Questions

• How would I get into the CIO office?   1 Answer

Director, Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Software AG (Reston, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. Scheduled around my availability and travel. I had phone screen with recruiting and notified them of my current work travel. They had no issue hosting more phone interviews and bringing me in for a face to face when I was back in town. I appreciated the flexibility.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my strategies and tactics for lead generation.   Answer Question

Regional Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Software AG (Reston, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

In early April I spoke with the hiring Senior Vice President for a Regional Vice President role. He and I spoke over the phone for the first talk. We then met in the Reston, VA office a week later. The following week I met with another RVP, VP of Business Strategy and a Channel/Partner Director. The next week I met with the COO. All meetings were very conversational and productive. The interview process is well done at Software AG.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real surprises. Typical questions for this role and very conversational.   Answer Question

Compenstion Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Software AG (Reston, VA).

Interview

Met once with the hiring manager, and once with the current HR team members. Had a follow up phone conversation with the recruiter, and the employee who referred me. Was extended an offer within a few days of the interview. It was a very standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• How could I contribute to the teams future success?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Software AG (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

the process was lengthy. During the process a few layers of sales management were relieved of their roles therefore no directing hiring manager. Question I had is why continue the process with me if they terminated two layers between me and the them?! I pulled out and they made a decision to hire management before moving forward with me.

Interview Questions

• the questions were drilling me about longevity. A lot of sales situational.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Software AG (Reston, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Screen with Recruiter then face to face with Hiring Manager and two current SDRs and finished with phone interview with RVP. Overall great experience in which every interviewer made a great effort to get to know you better. I was very impressed with the culture of the company and the professionalism of each interviewer. Overall a great opportunity for someone looking to start a long term career in sales.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Software AG (Reston, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Did a phone screening with HR then met with the director at their office. It started off with an Excel test. Interview wasn't anything special; I was asked if I was familiar with any marketing terms, why I wanted to pursue this field, etc. More talking on the interviewer's part than mine but it was due to nerves. When the interview ended, I was asked if I had any questions. I could tell right away that I didn't get it, I could tell from her face and tone.

Account Executive (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Software AG (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online, did a phone screen with the recruiter and was contacted three weeks later to come in and meet their VP of sales and the federal CEO. The recruiter intercommunicated what role she was hiring for therefore making the interview process sort of awkward. The team was friendly and professional, but it wasn't for me.

Territory Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Software AG (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial discussion with recruitment, then to the hiring manager (may be a few times) before a regional VP and the national head of sales. A total of 3.5 weeks for me, a mix between over the phone and face to face. There was also a discussion with an existing Account Executive and a CTO to better understand the role, responsibilities, opportunities and challenges.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales process like? Describe a scenario where you've executed this and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to join Software AG?   Answer Question
    • What do you enjoy about what you do?   Answer Question