Software AG Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

3.2

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

They concentrate more on coding and hands on. DS and Java Basics must.
There will be a phone screening followed by some 2-3 in person technical rounds follwed by manager and HR round.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Software AG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was up for the initial phone screen, the interviewer talked to me as though I know nothing from the very beginning. Like me asked whether I have used AtomicInteger, I told him I never got a use it, he was like oh wait !! It was one of the pretty bad interviews I have taken in my career.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me what is volatile variable why do we need this ?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a lock free algorithm that you know.   Answer Question
    • We wrote an interface and asked me to implement the interface which will take a lock and release a lock.   Answer Question
    • He asked to implement the concurrent hashmap in java.   Answer Question
    • He asked whether I have heard of heap data structure and what is it used for ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

I got rejected in the first round itself. The interviewer doesn't seem interested at all. asked 2 tech ques and some generic ques from resume. it was hardly 15 mins interview.

Interview Questions

• about current project in general, hashmap, equals and hashcode, why u r switching , y want to join us etc.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Software AG.

Interview

First written questions (mostly subjective and some on producer consumer/threads/heap/threadlocal/serialization/enum/interface/collections/sql), post that one face to face.
    Question in F2F:
    sort array having all 0, 1
    sort array having 0, 1, 2
    write class diagram for the products module of ecommerce site
    write program to find middle element in linked list
    write program to find index of given element in sorted array

Interview Questions

• Question in F2F:
      sort array having all 0, 1
      sort array having 0, 1, 2
      write class diagram for the products module of ecommerce site
      write program to find middle element in linked list
      write program to find index of given element in sorted array   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Software AG in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was from start like a war zone. The interviewer was taking interview as if he has taken oath not to select anyone. When I answered question about theta stack where the complexity of fetching smallest number is always 1 by extending Stack which he was fine with , but when he saw I solved, he started how can you extend stack, implement stack and show. Same with another question where given a tree, swap left and right child which are present on same level. Then another question he asked about finding next maximum number in a array in 1 iteration, I could not solve and the answer which he has mugged up, he tried to show me and he himself could not solve it and that was funny. His many issue was he has mugged up all questions from geeksfromgeeks and anyone else who has not read those questions and were not answering that way, he was not happy. His motto, it is a premium company and candidate should be able to answer questions from all these sites. he was never satisfied with any answer and will keep on checking answers like an over eager kid

Interview Questions

• Theta Stack
      Max next number from array in 1 iteration
      swap nodes on the same level in tree   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I went on a weekend drive. Interview process was quick for me.The interview comprised of 6 F-2-F rounds. The first 2 rounds mainly focused on DS/ Algo and problem solving. In 3rd round , though it was hiring manager round ,focus was more on threads and Java understanding.He asked me to write the production level code then it was followed by Director round and VP round.I enjoyed the whole process.I hope this review will help you guys. All the best !!!

Interview Questions

• R.1:
      Find loop and remove it, in a linklist
      Implement queue using stack
      Sort a stack with constant space
      Spiral order traversal of a N-ary tree

R2:
      Quick sort discussion in detail
      Deletion in BST
      Find max subsum integer array
      Find non repeating character from stream of characters
      Implement Strategy Pattern

R3: Managerial Round
      Implement thread safe Stack using Linklist
      Implement Synchronization among N threads
      Java Memory model
      Garbage collection algo/ Types of garbage collectors
      How to deep clone a very large object ?
      How JVM works ?
      Detail discussion on threads - How to stop thread,Thread interrupts , Greedy threads , Thread problems , CAS algo
      Concurrent Modification Exception - Fail safe / Failfast

R4: Director round
      1.How would you design phone dictionary ? Which data structure you will use and why?Optimization of the approach further. (Used Trie structure then optimized with Suffix trees)
      2. Edit distance Algorithm
      Managerial Question

R5: VP round
      1 puzzle
      How we should decide - when we are going to create a class/ method / Constructor overloading.
      Discussed about my educational background, what subjects i have studied.
      How i can relate my subjects with Software engineering.
      Why S/W AG?

R6: HR round
      Just for formality. Notice period & Offer discussion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Mostly handled in unprofessional manner. It is an event for which many candidates appeared on a Saturday. The consultant specifically told me that it would take 2-3 hours. When I reached their office, there were candidates who have waited for more than 4 hours. It is a regular process of Hackerrank coding + other rounds. I could not make it past coding + design round. I overheard from the interviewers at lunch that they did not pick not even a single candidate for further rounds. I assumed most of them lost interest by the time their turn came in.

Interview Questions

• Given a timeframed series of logs' data, how would you design a system in such way that aggregates are handled well. For ex.
      10.45:22 Page1_Clicked ..
      10.46:43 Page2_Clicked ..

How do you ensure the retrievals like how many pages are clicked in a day etc.. are done efficiently.. like OLAP systems over RAM..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process is so smooth. I had an online test followed by face to face on weekend. They want me to try peacefully and come with answers. Second round happened for more than couple of hours however, as my answers to Thread questions are just approach based but not an efficient solutions, they may have chosen me as I'm not up to the mark.

Application

Interview

The interview comprised an online coding test and then two rounds of interview. The first round interviewer seemed to have good basics. He asked me on java internals and some ds algo questions. But he seemed bit unhelpful and rude at times. Its not necessary that I may have read everything but then he was not ready to let me take at guess about some questions where I could have guessed how a thing is implemented internally in java and was just asking if i know or dont know n then pass off. Second round interviewer was quite helpful and friendly and asked me design questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Software AG Bangalore in April 2016. Process took two days, but the interview process is not that great. Second, day I have to wait for more than three hours for them to find interview panel.

Completed two technical and director round. In director round, he asked me to explain my current project architecture. I explain it well. He asked couple of other general questions like why you want to leave your current job.

In second round interviewer itself is not very clear what he wants to ask.

Wasted my two days.