Software AG Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Software AG Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

3.4

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Software AG in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was from start like a war zone. The interviewer was taking interview as if he has taken oath not to select anyone. When I answered question about theta stack where the complexity of fetching smallest number is always 1 by extending Stack which he was fine with , but when he saw I solved, he started how can you extend stack, implement stack and show. Same with another question where given a tree, swap left and right child which are present on same level. Then another question he asked about finding next maximum number in a array in 1 iteration, I could not solve and the answer which he has mugged up, he tried to show me and he himself could not solve it and that was funny. His many issue was he has mugged up all questions from geeksfromgeeks and anyone else who has not read those questions and were not answering that way, he was not happy. His motto, it is a premium company and candidate should be able to answer questions from all these sites. he was never satisfied with any answer and will keep on checking answers like an over eager kid

Interview Questions

• Theta Stack
    Max next number from array in 1 iteration
    swap nodes on the same level in tree

Other Interview Reviews for Software AG

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I went on a weekend drive. Interview process was quick for me.The interview comprised of 6 F-2-F rounds. The first 2 rounds mainly focused on DS/ Algo and problem solving. In 3rd round , though it was hiring manager round ,focus was more on threads and Java understanding.He asked me to write the production level code then it was followed by Director round and VP round.I enjoyed the whole process.I hope this review will help you guys. All the best !!!

Interview Questions

• R.1:
      Find loop and remove it, in a linklist
      Implement queue using stack
      Sort a stack with constant space
      Spiral order traversal of a N-ary tree

R2:
      Quick sort discussion in detail
      Deletion in BST
      Find max subsum integer array
      Find non repeating character from stream of characters
      Implement Strategy Pattern

R3: Managerial Round
      Implement thread safe Stack using Linklist
      Implement Synchronization among N threads
      Java Memory model
      Garbage collection algo/ Types of garbage collectors
      How to deep clone a very large object ?
      How JVM works ?
      Detail discussion on threads - How to stop thread,Thread interrupts , Greedy threads , Thread problems , CAS algo
      Concurrent Modification Exception - Fail safe / Failfast

R4: Director round
      1.How would you design phone dictionary ? Which data structure you will use and why?Optimization of the approach further. (Used Trie structure then optimized with Suffix trees)
      2. Edit distance Algorithm
      Managerial Question

R5: VP round
      1 puzzle
      How we should decide - when we are going to create a class/ method / Constructor overloading.
      Discussed about my educational background, what subjects i have studied.
      How i can relate my subjects with Software engineering.
      Why S/W AG?

R6: HR round
      Just for formality. Notice period & Offer discussion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Hacker rank test
    2. Technical round
    3. Technical round
    Hacker rank test with linked list problem etc.
    First tech round he mugged all the core java concepts like interface, abstract class, string, string builder, string buffer, diff vector and array, threading, final finalized etc.
    Second round asked to implement queue using stack ..i did using two stack but he was more concerned about performance and asked to improve..he seems to be rude than friendly...i could not achieved and got rejected....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Mostly handled in unprofessional manner. It is an event for which many candidates appeared on a Saturday. The consultant specifically told me that it would take 2-3 hours. When I reached their office, there were candidates who have waited for more than 4 hours. It is a regular process of Hackerrank coding + other rounds. I could not make it past coding + design round. I overheard from the interviewers at lunch that they did not pick not even a single candidate for further rounds. I assumed most of them lost interest by the time their turn came in.

Interview Questions

• Given a timeframed series of logs' data, how would you design a system in such way that aggregates are handled well. For ex.
      10.45:22 Page1_Clicked ..
      10.46:43 Page2_Clicked ..

How do you ensure the retrievals like how many pages are clicked in a day etc.. are done efficiently.. like OLAP systems over RAM..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process is so smooth. I had an online test followed by face to face on weekend. They want me to try peacefully and come with answers. Second round happened for more than couple of hours however, as my answers to Thread questions are just approach based but not an efficient solutions, they may have chosen me as I'm not up to the mark.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The interview comprised an online coding test and then two rounds of interview. The first round interviewer seemed to have good basics. He asked me on java internals and some ds algo questions. But he seemed bit unhelpful and rude at times. Its not necessary that I may have read everything but then he was not ready to let me take at guess about some questions where I could have guessed how a thing is implemented internally in java and was just asking if i know or dont know n then pass off. Second round interviewer was quite helpful and friendly and asked me design questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Software AG Bangalore in April 2016. Process took two days, but the interview process is not that great. Second, day I have to wait for more than three hours for them to find interview panel.

Completed two technical and director round. In director round, he asked me to explain my current project architecture. I explain it well. He asked couple of other general questions like why you want to leave your current job.

In second round interviewer itself is not very clear what he wants to ask.

Wasted my two days.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Software AG (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

Process was great.

BUT

1. Interviewer expected that you should know the specific answer of the question.
    2. They will also check the timings , how fast you have solved the problem but they won't mention that earlier.
    3. Their are fixed set of questions they will ask and you should know the answer before hand then only you can solve in 5-10 mins and that is their expectation.
    4. I was rejected because i took some time to solve them, though solved but i got feedback that you did slow because the questions were tough but if you mug up them early you can solve them

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Software AG.

Interview

They asked to write code in hackers rank. But they have not mentioned on what basis they are going to select. Later on I thought it doesn't depends on what approach u have taken but it test how many test case u have passed. I think that's easy for fresher but not for experience I don't remember when I wrote code in notepad and run in command line as u cannot debug in hackers rank I feel it's same as writing in notepad. Wasted my time today.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Software AG.

Interview

Recruitment Agency contacted. Had 2 f2f rounds. 2 rounds technical, 3rd round techno-managerial, 4th round HR. Overall a positive experience. If you have brushed up questions related to data strucutures and algorithms and core java, it would be better. How to search for words in big file? JVM internals, Class design for any game. Software Process LifeCycle. What is your role in projects?

Interview Questions

• How to search for words in big file? JVM internals, Class design for any game.   Answer Question