Sonic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2018

1.6

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lockport, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonic (Lockport, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

My interview lasted about 5 min and was rather unprofessional. I was not asked anything about customer service experience or many things relevant to the position for that matter. Instead of being actually offered a position, I received a phone call stating I was going to be put on the schedule.

Interview Questions

• Where my experience came from.   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonic in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview at the location i applied for. It was a quick group interview and asked basic questions. I was contacted the same day for the job.

Operating Partner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonic.

Interview

Very thorough hiring process at this level of employment. Hiring process includes extensive reference checks, drug testing, and previous employer checks. Previous experience is almost always required in this position. Applicants generally come from within existing lower-level management ranks.

Interview Questions

• Are you prepared/willing to work 55+ hour weeks, including nights and weekends (odd hours included)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation. The salary, bonus incentives, and health benefits package is far above industry standard.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonic (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2009.

Interview

Submit resume and answer personal phone interview questions as truthfully as possible. Looking for the following qualities:

Honest, multitasking, dependable, entrepreneurial, hard working, good work ethic, detailed, organized, efficient, good communicator, leadership qualities, committed, can deal with high stress environment

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your greatest accomplishment in your life so far?   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Operating Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sonic in July 2015.

Interview

The entire process took 4 weeks.

1st Interview: I was interviewed by a Supervisor which is the equivalent to either a Divisional manager or AVP at most companies he basically controls 9 stores. The interview lasted about 1 and a half hours basic Q&Awith me describing my past supervisor experience an job responsibilities on a day bases from start to finish while also describing my understanding on the meaning of food cost an what it's determined by.

2nd interview: This interview lasted about 30 mins I met back up with the supervisor from my first interview and had a chance to ask more about the job. He the sent out a mass text to all partners in the district basically informing everyone that he had an potential partner visiting his stores and informed me that this is a normal sonic procedure to meet up with a partner. So immediately I visited one of the stores an met up with a partner that was in the $90000 range an he answered any and all questions I had to ask while giving me another small interview this process lasted a little over an hour.

3rd interview: I met up with another supervisor at a local store who had flown in from another state. He gave me a Q&A session that lasted about 45 minutes and relayed all information back to the SVP and the first supervisor I met up with.

4th interview: I drove to a location about an hour away we met at a local Cracker Barrel where I sat down and was interview by the SVP for the first time as well as my future supervisor at the same time it last about an hour. This interview was my chance to show how bad I wanted the opportunity an sell myself to the company after all the SVP has final say on the contract signing. At the end of the interview the SVP looked over to the supervisor an " I'm going to be honest with you I see nothing wrong, I like the guy" it is then when the supervisor looked over at me an said " I'm going to be honest with you I've never heard him say that about anybody which is when my smiled busted out and the informed me to look for an acceptance letter really soon 3 days later to be exact.

5 interview: (The signing) I was allowed to bring my wife to sit down for this one which is when the supervisor gave her any an all the time in the world to ask any question which believe me she did shortly after my wife's Q&A the offer was put on he table an I agreed to the terms

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was to match my current salary which was more than a good negotiation because I would be getting paid the same thing to train that I was getting a my pervious job.

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonic (Independence, MO) in July 2011.

Interview

Filed application, two days later was called for interview. Interview was quick and easy. General customer service questions as expected. Although manager did not ask any open ended questions which was different , however not necessarily wrong I guess. Just not very professional i suppose. A higher rate of pay was given for experience which was nice for today's job market. Usually this is a rarity, really. On a scale of 1-5,I would maybe give this interview a 3 but that's kind of a stretch.

Negotiation

Ask thorough questions of a couple employees before putting in an application to see what the environment of the restaurant is like, not all locations will have a similar results.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sonic (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

Basic standard interview process. Phone interviews with HR recruiter and hiring manager. After a month in between each interview stage, invited to HQ for a series of interviews with several key cross-functional potential team members.

Interview Questions

• What brand do you think is executed well? Which one do you think is poor executed?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonic (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

They gave me three standard interviews and didn't receive a call back. The first interview a brief interview, and followed up with asking me to be present for a second interview the very next day. The manager who was interviewing me was late and wasn't prepared to give an interview. I called up on my app and discussed how they said they would give me a third interview. I came in for a third interview that went good, no call back.

CarHop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sonic (Murrieta, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

I thought that the whole interview process went great. I applied to the company online through Snagajob and about a week later, someone from HR contacted me and I set up an interview. After that I went to the restaurant for my interview. There were two on the first day. The first one was basically an orientation and the second, was a 1 on 1 with a manager. Then I was told to come back in a few days later for my third interview, which was another 1 on 1. Then after that, I got hired and signed my paperwork the next day. Started right away!

Interview Questions

• When you are in a restaurant, as the client, what would bother you the most about the service? And what would you like them to do about it?   1 Answer
    • How are you with authority?   1 Answer

CarHop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sonic (Fresno, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I went IN PERSON. Turned in my application to the manager. I called two days later... got the job within that week. It was pretty easy, just bug and bug and bug. If you are persistent, you will get hired

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.