South Bay Community Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.2

Family Service Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Dorchester, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

Heard back within a few days with a phone screening, then scheduled a face-to-face interview for a week later. The interview felt very casual and lasted about an hour. There were basic interview questions along with explaining how the job worked (pay, benefits, the day to day schedule).

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have? Greatest weakness and strength? What is an issue you struggled with in a previous position and how did you overcome it? Have you worked with families before?   Answer Question

Clinician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services.

Interview

The interviewer e-mailed two hours before to confirm a phone interview. I confirmed and she replied that she will call me at that time and is looking forward to speaking with me. I waited for thirty minutes. and no call..an hour..no call..it has been two weeks and still have not heard anything. She did not e-mail or call to apologize or reschedule. Very unprofessional. I have heard that this agency is unorganized but I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. They proved to me why they have this reputation.

In Home Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Attleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Attleboro, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring manager for the in home team gave a thorough explanation of CBHI services and its history. We discussed the benefits and pay scale thoroughly. They work on an incentive base pay system with a base salary and additional done if clinical hours exceed 25.

Mental Health Clincian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brockton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Brockton, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, then received a phone call and was interviewed on the phone. After which I received another call to come into the office for further interview. I was interviewed by a lady, she was very knowledgeable and friendly. The interview was very relaxed and it went well.

Interview Questions

• What led you to the field of counseling   1 Answer

Developmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Worcester, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was lengthy and offered plenty of opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the company and the supervisor interviewing you. The reviews left on Glass Door had me questioning whether or not I could see myself at South Bay, but all of my concerns were met with a plan that had already been put into action to improve compensation, self-care, and team efficiency. I enjoyed the process and left feeling very optimistic and excited.

Interview Questions

• There were three questions along the lines of, what was one conflict you've had with a co worker and how did you handle it? Name a time you weren't sure how to do something, what did you do? And a third that I don't remember, but they weren't difficult.   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services.

Interview

Contacted by phone to learn more about the position which was helpful going into the interview. The interviewer was very nice and informative, provided information about the pay scale, and then brought me on a tour of the facility.

Developmental Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Fall River, MA).

Interview

Interview was one-sided -- they did all the talking! While I walked away with lots of benefits of working for the company, I didn't feel as though they knew what they were getting in hiring me. What was helpful was the opportunity to shadow a home visit, and I think this was helpful for future applicants as several were quite obviously not a good fit for the population and this gave both the applicant and employer an opportunity to better judge the candidate's potential in the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services.

Interview

Easy to get interview, friendly, waiting process was long between interview and acceptance. Met various staff who were all friendly. Was told a lot about the agency, asked fewer personal questions or about my specific experience.

Treatment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Lowell, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was called up a day after applying. Friend HR recruiter guy, then was scheduled an interview after being asked several questions. Upon arriving, there was one friendly receptionist, and then finally I meet the interviewer. Seems emotionless and cold, didn't seem friendly at all. Was introduced to another member of the team. She was friendly, but seemed to have no say in the matter. After the interview was over, which ended rather quickly and the guy seemed eager to get me out of the door. Gave me a cold goodbye and said he would contact me in a few days. Never did, and I had to call back. The same guy, with the same emotionless, unfriendly tone, said HR would get back to me. So they did shortly after, and was rejected. It ended up being a learning experience for my first job interview, which was a necessary factor.

Outreach Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mashpee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Mashpee, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. The supervisors were very friendly, asked a lot of great questions, and made me feel comfortable. They called me the next day and offered me a position, which was great they did not make me wait to find out whether they were hiring me or not. My overall experience of this interview was good.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with this company in a year from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.