South Bay Community Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

South Bay Community Services Interview Questions

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Worcester, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was lengthy and offered plenty of opportunity to ask questions and learn more about the company and the supervisor interviewing you. The reviews left on Glass Door had me questioning whether or not I could see myself at South Bay, but all of my concerns were met with a plan that had already been put into action to improve compensation, self-care, and team efficiency. I enjoyed the process and left feeling very optimistic and excited.

Interview Questions

• There were three questions along the lines of, what was one conflict you've had with a co worker and how did you handle it? Name a time you weren't sure how to do something, what did you do? And a third that I don't remember, but they weren't difficult.   Answer Question

Occupational Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services.

Interview

Contacted by phone to learn more about the position which was helpful going into the interview. The interviewer was very nice and informative, provided information about the pay scale, and then brought me on a tour of the facility.

Anonymous Employee in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Fall River, MA).

Interview

Interview was one-sided -- they did all the talking! While I walked away with lots of benefits of working for the company, I didn't feel as though they knew what they were getting in hiring me. What was helpful was the opportunity to shadow a home visit, and I think this was helpful for future applicants as several were quite obviously not a good fit for the population and this gave both the applicant and employer an opportunity to better judge the candidate's potential in the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services.

Interview

Easy to get interview, friendly, waiting process was long between interview and acceptance. Met various staff who were all friendly. Was told a lot about the agency, asked fewer personal questions or about my specific experience.

Treatment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Lowell, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was called up a day after applying. Friend HR recruiter guy, then was scheduled an interview after being asked several questions. Upon arriving, there was one friendly receptionist, and then finally I meet the interviewer. Seems emotionless and cold, didn't seem friendly at all. Was introduced to another member of the team. She was friendly, but seemed to have no say in the matter. After the interview was over, which ended rather quickly and the guy seemed eager to get me out of the door. Gave me a cold goodbye and said he would contact me in a few days. Never did, and I had to call back. The same guy, with the same emotionless, unfriendly tone, said HR would get back to me. So they did shortly after, and was rejected. It ended up being a learning experience for my first job interview, which was a necessary factor.

Outreach Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mashpee, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Mashpee, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. The supervisors were very friendly, asked a lot of great questions, and made me feel comfortable. They called me the next day and offered me a position, which was great they did not make me wait to find out whether they were hiring me or not. My overall experience of this interview was good.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself with this company in a year from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.

Clinician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Worcester, MA).

Interview

Admin was disorganized. Waited in a room for over 20 minutes. While waiting- I heard a staff member yell at a child- mind you a toddler. Discussed how great they were for three hours (red flag) and barely asked me any questions. Laughed when I required they pay more than 30,000 even though I have a Masters- and yet told me I would need to take on at least a dozen clients. I figured out they were not ethical before the interview ended. Towards the end of the interview- the interviewer walked me aroudn the facility and began bad-mouthing one of their clients-again- a toddler- with a lead teacher.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing. Interviewer praised theirself and company for three hours   Answer Question

I declinded as soon as I left with an email

Staff Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call a couple of days later. They scheduled an interview with me for the following week. I was new to the Boston area, so I had trouble finding the office as it was not labeled and Dorchester is difficult to get around anyways. The interviewer was friendly and understanding, pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

I was looking for better pay

Anonymous Employee in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Lowell, MA).

Interview

Very easy. Hardly asked any questions. Basically they take you on a tour of the center and call you back the next day to tell you that you have a job. They mainly just want to know that you have experience and a college degree.

Interview Questions

• None... they did not really ask me anything besides my educational background.   Answer Question

Family Service Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorchester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at South Bay Community Services (Dorchester, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Met at college career fair, emailed to schedule phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, asked to schedule 1 on 1 interview.