Southern Illinois University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southern Illinois University Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.3

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

It was very relaxed and straightforward. Both interviewers were nice and made sure I was not nervous about anything. The environment was clean. It is a great place for a student to work !

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the call center?   1 Answer

Health Insurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Springfield, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

For civil service positions at SIU Clinics, you have to submit the application packet online, this may include transcripts and proof of certification. The next step is to go in for the civil service exam, for this position I took two exams. The top three exam scores are then sent in for interviews when a position becomes available. Interview was a bit informal, but very thorough. They asked all of the standard questions about background, why I wanted the job, ect. There were two people interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I got called in for an interview right before the final semester begun. I got the position based on my GPA and my grade in the course for which I was going to be a TA. It's pretty easy when you know the basics in that particular course.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

It was quite enjoyable. They wanted to know about my experience with different cultures, and were looking for someone who wasn't hesitant to do anything, and I mean, anything. It's not like I was hired to do the dirty work because my boss was equally engaged in everything.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University.

Interview

awarded a grant for research,
    submitted an essay portraying what kind of research I would like to conduct and how I would conduct it and what relevance it had
    only 20 awarded that year

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was not to difficult I just had to send in a resume and my unofficial transcripts. The process is still ongoing so I am not sure where I stand, but thus far it has been easy to get through each and every individual step. Nothing to be intimidated about since it is an entry level job at a university made for college students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a set rate so there was no negotiation.

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Springfield, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

3 person interview, basic questions regarding the position, the only problem is that 2 of the 3 people there, I had interviewed with before, as such they came in with previous prejudices, even though I tested in the top 3. I felt one person was so disinterested she acted as if she had ADD, would not even engage until she told one person that I had interviewed with them before, she acted as if she was disgusted in having to be there.

Interview Questions

• What would Co-workers day that I was like to work with?   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I was recruited at the part-time job fair at our college. I had a brief conversation there with my current boss, who just wanted to know what kind of experience with IT and programming I had. I got an email from him about a job that same day, and the next day I went in for the interview. There was a panel of the current employees there, and they asked me again about my experience, what sort of classes I was taking, how many hours I could work, etc. They also asked me some of the famous Google interview questions, for good measure.

Interview Questions

• What programming languages do you know/have experience with?   Answer Question

Foster/Adopt PRIDE Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Role play. Had to conduct a mock session and field questions from interviewers playing the role of participants. They were very interactive and threw out sample questions that would have thrown me off had I not had experience with foster parents in the past.

Interview Questions

• How does my current experience assist me with regards to group presentation.   Answer Question

Engineering Office Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume with my qualifications such as computer work & Microsoft office skills. I got to know the office clerks from speaking to them everyday & plus thy told me they needed a Dtudent Worker to fill in at the office when things got busy or hectic.

Interview Questions

• "Do I know how to utilize a computer to do tasks such as Excel, Word Etc."
      I showed her a portfolio of the work I did & even completed a small test with microsoft services.
      1 Answer