Southern Illinois University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Sort:

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Springfield, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

3 person interview, basic questions regarding the position, the only problem is that 2 of the 3 people there, I had interviewed with before, as such they came in with previous prejudices, even though I tested in the top 3. I felt one person was so disinterested she acted as if she had ADD, would not even engage until she told one person that I had interviewed with them before, she acted as if she was disgusted in having to be there.

Interview Questions

• What would Co-workers day that I was like to work with?   1 Answer

Interview

Apply on-line at school website. Make an account. Fill out an online application. Find the job you are applying for then submit your information. Find out the testing date for your job and set up an appointment with HR. When job closes and you are picked, the specific department calls for an interview -- they have to have a minimum of three applicants. If they are not happy with the first three then they recieve the next three. etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None unless you are Faculty

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Springfield, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

Very easy, straight forward process. Recruiters very helpful with detailed itinerary provided. Onsite interview was relaxed, dinner followed by multiple people interviewing the next day. Efficiently done. Congenial environment.

Undergraduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

This whole process was really easy and convenient. I found the job posted on SIU's website and I emailed inquiring about it. They asked me to send my resume and a schedule with my availability. The whole process was done through email. I was offered the job soon after. They are mostly looking for students with large open work blocks in the mornings and afternoons.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Saint Louis, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (East Saint Louis, IL).

Interview

interviewed by a panel of 4 to 5 interviewers scenario type questions
    asked about my experience and how I would handle different situations as a teacher asked questions regarding children and classroom

Interview Questions

• scenario type questions---what would you do in this particular situation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

An oral examination where our English skills are tested. This Is only for international students. First they will ask about your interests, Then they asked some questions about my core subjects.

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

There was a interview taken by the professor for this position. It was based on my previous experience and knowledge. I was also asked to learn data analysis softwares like SPSS and Smart PLS. It is good to have a mathematical background for these interviews.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working in Agile?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

The chair talk to you first, then you have a short test and background check.

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carbondale, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southern Illinois University (Carbondale, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Apply in person with the department. .
    First come first serve basis. You get called to in person interview. Should be a master's degree student or higher. Must be fluent in American English.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Interview

Very complimentary job interview process. Non-biased and very inclusive staff. There were several opportunities that were presented to me in regards to promotion, as well as substantial opportunities to build on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to start today?   1 Answer