Specialized Bicycle Components Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Specialized Bicycle Components Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2017

Internship Interview

Interview

In-depth. All encompassing. Over the phone mostly. Conversational. Requires in-depth knowledge about the bike-industry. Requires some sort of internal connection. People are welcoming and friendly. Forty five minutes to an hour of conversation.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle Components.

Interview

After I was contacted I was asked about my availability and I gave it to them ASAP, but it took them a long time to get back to me, and then the interview was set up eventually. It took a while to get back to me after the interview but then I eventually got an offer.

Field Marketing Representative Interview

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover online, and followed up with the regional rep. He put me in tough with HR, who offered me a position. I wasn't in a position to re-locate to the territory I'd be serving so I declined. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked just an offer based on my resume   Answer Question

Teammate Success Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle Components (Morgan Hill, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the Recruiter and Hiring Manager. After that, an onsite was scheduled where I met with 6 people. The process was smooth and it provided a really good sense of the culture and expectations of the role. Overall, the Recruiter and Coordinator were very communicative and great to interact with.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage multiple high-level priorities in order to get both your own work done and what's been requested?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Long, drawn out process. Two phone interviews and 3 or 4 online quizzes to start. Went for an on-site interview. Full day of interviews, 6 back-to-back. HR was a bit disorganized through all of this. Everyone I spoke to was very nice.

Global Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle Components.

Interview

I was referred directly to the recruiter for this program, having worked closely with Specialized previously from the retail side.

I emailed the recruiter directly, applied online, followed up a couple weeks later just in case the email had gotten lost... no response, not even a rejection.

That's just not something a company that is serious about respecting its potential talent would do, speaking from experience having worked everywhere from two-person operations to Fortune 100 companies.

As far as I can tell, my experience and qualifications match the job description fully, and it’s disappointing that not only will I not be pursuing further opportunities with Specialized, I will also hesitate to refer other bike industry friends to apply.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle Components (Morgan Hill, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR/Talent acquisition, 2nd phone interview with hiring manager, completion of online talent assessments, and 5 in-person interviews in 1 day. In-person interviews we're with 2 team members each, from varying positions and hierarchy.

Application

Interview

Video interviews with HR and potential boss. They didn't ask any hard questions or put me on the spot. It was more of a chat about what I do, what they do, and how we can do things together in the future. They had an enthusiastic, yet relaxed quality to them.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Morgan Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle Components (Morgan Hill, CA).

Interview

I applied for a position in the finance department. About a week later, I received an email to submit my answers for a video interview. I was contacted back about a week after to set up my availability for a phone chat with the recruiter. I submitted my availability and followed up with an email to let them know. I didn't hear back after a week and followed up again. However, I haven't gotten a response.

Specialized seemed like a great company. Too bad they didn't follow through.

Interview Questions

• General questions: "Why Specialized?", etc.   1 Answer

Atlassian Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Specialized Bicycle Components in December 2016.

Interview

The process started out strong, but ultimately the recruitment team really failed to do their due diligence and made the process an overall negative experience. I enjoyed speaking with the recruiter and the managers that I spoke to. They all had insightful questions about my background, and represented the company, culture, and position well when I spoke with them. The experience was just overall negative because it was months in between communications with them. The last update was the recruiter in early december letting me know that he'd have an update before the holiday. I followed up with him some time in mid January and he didn't know what happened to the role, and he wasn't working on it anymore, and can't give me an update.

Interview Questions

• They asked about specific instances in my background related to the tools they were working with   Answer Question