Spirit Halloween Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Spirit Halloween Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Lancaster, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I received a call from the manager. I was asked to come to the store for an interview. I met with the manager and proceeded with the interview. We talked about my previous experience, thing happening with the store and what they were needing to do to get up to Spirit's standards. Most of the actual interview was roughly a personality test to make sure I could accurately help guests/customers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Spirit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

She had texted me a week asking when I’d be available for a phone interview. She was super nice and motivated me when I was answering the questions. After about 20 minutes of questions and telling me what the job was about, she offered me a position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to do something you felt uncomfortable doing.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Put my resume on website as directed. Informed me that it had been received and never got any more contact. I was overqualified but needed a part time job for the season.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what would I do if I saw a co worker was stealing.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Carlisle, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

The manager seemed more focused on evaluating if she'd like to be friends with me than on if I'd be a good fit for the position. She kept stressing how all of the employees get along and work as a team more than telling me what employees actually do, and she kept asking me irrelevant personal questions. It's just as well I wasn't hired, because I found it very off putting. Some might like a "buddy buddy" work culture, but I definitely don't. I will have a polite working relationship with coworkers, but that doesn't mean coworkers are friends. I applied to work, not to find friends! Especially for seasonal work. The manager also seemed put off by the fact I was nervous even though I openly explained I always get nervous about job interviews. Her response was strange and entirely unhelpful. Even if she thought she was being helpful somehow, it came off like she thought I shouldn't be nervous, when any actually good interviewer would know to acknowledge nervousness is normal.

Your mileage may certainly vary because this was a single store in a large chain. Maybe I got an exceptionally bad interviewer, though that's definitely what she was.

Interview Questions

• What costume would you wear in front of the store to advertise?   1 Answer
    • Do you like Supernatural? (part of a section of "fun" Halloween-related questions)   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween in August 2017.

Interview

took about 20 minutes and it wasn't bad. we went into the back room and sat down, she asked typical interview questions. a lot like the ones that were asked on the application.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever seen coworkers doing something behind your manager's back that they know your manager would not approve of? How did you deal with this?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween.

Interview

They didn't actually ask me any questions. They just told me a little bit about the company and the job and then offered me a position. They did want me to know that it was a tough job and I would need to be able to commit to working 7 days a week when it got closer to Halloween.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my availability, wanted to make sure that I could work whenever they needed me to.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baldwin, Allegheny, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Baldwin, Allegheny, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the end of July, and eventually got a call on August 18th. The manager brought me in for an interview the next day. Upon arrival, she lead me into a spare room for the interview. This was all extremely informal, the manager was even wearing cat ears. She was super nice and could tell that I was nervous, reassuring me that I didn't need to be. The entire process took about 15 minutes, for I was only asked about 5 different questions concerning what I would do in different situations. In the end, she ended up offering me the job, in which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince someone to do something they didnt want to do.   Answer Question
    • If a friend was being dishonest to you or mentioned stealing, how would you react?   Answer Question
    • Describe an uncomfortable situation you had to face.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager and she asked me star questions. She told me at the end of the interview that I had the job if I accepted. I accepted and she told me I'd receive an email to continue the process. 4-5 days later I hadn't received an email and I called to check in. She said she'd speak to the DM and get back to me. That was 8 days ago and I have since called, left a voicemail, and received no return call. I'm assuming they changed their mind?

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Lakewood, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked into the store for my interview and one of the leads at the time was the person I who interviewed me. She was very nice however it was not a sit down interview. I was walking with her through out the store while she was putting up costumes and helping customers. There weren't a lot of customers at the time so it was okay.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Spirit Halloween (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

Applied online for dofferer locationa. Took almost a month to get a text message from walnut Creek spirit halloween about a interview. Showed up did a fast interview about 5 mins and was hire on spot