SquareTrade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.5

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SquareTrade (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

standard interview process: screening phone call with HR, phone interview with hiring manager and onsite. Everything moved very fast and the HR made sure I was informed of any update. The only part made me uncomfortable in this process is that one of the team member is totally unprepared during my on-site, and he asked questions that does seem appropriate and respectful.

Quite far from BART, good for people live in the city as they have a muni stop nearby. Pretty competitive benefit package comparing to small-medium companies.

Interview Questions

• why you want to leave your current company? What are you looking for the next role?   Answer Question

Mid Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SquareTrade (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Applied online and quickly contacted by recruiter for a phone interview. Recruiter called late but did apologize due to her last interview running over. Questions were generic in nature and after almost 30 minutes discussion, she inquired what my current salary was. When I shared that information, she stated that was significantly over the maximum for the role and that was the end of the discussion. Perhaps that information should have been provided early to save both of our time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background, what is your current salary.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SquareTrade (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone call with recruiters, then hiring manager and VP. Second time interviewed here, and the recruiter communication is awful. They never followup on next steps, you have to be proactive yourself, otherwise you won't hear much.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SquareTrade (Orlando, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was very long , you have to go through 5 people and also take a test but very easy overall interview was ok , management was very nice

Interview Questions

• more or less technical support, your background, and your education   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SquareTrade.

Interview

Takes about 1.5-2 hrs. Get ready to meet various people from the company. As the interview is 1-on-1 with various supervisors/managers etc...There are different phases. The first one is your basic customer service interview questions plus some roleplaying. The second phase would be technical in order to determine how well you can perform the duties assigned such as researching information on devices covered. Last but not least, the third phase would be to speak with an HR.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SquareTrade.

Interview

The process was straightforward - a couple of phone calls and in-office round of interviews. I was able to ask a lot of questions and talk to people in various departments.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Claims Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SquareTrade (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a 3 step interview
    1. Get to know you interview
    2. Technical interview to see what you know
    3. HR interview

I waited a few minutes to start and then completed each interview separately.

Interview Questions

• how would you explain how to open an app to an elderly customer?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SquareTrade in August 2015.

Interview

Unequivocally the worst phone interview ever. The HR person spoke like she was reading from a script - asked me absolutely no questions that would distinguish me as an individual candidate. All the questions asked could have been answered by my resume, such as what software I know how to use.

I'm guessing from this experience and other reviews on this site that no one is going to name them one of the best places to work any longer, if their HR is any indication.

I could have done amazing things for Squaretrade, but now I have absolutely no interest in working there. I will tell them that if the HR person ever answers my follow-up email. Somehow I doubt it.

Workforce Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at SquareTrade in August 2014.

Interview

The position was brought to my attention on LinkedIn and when I got an interview, it was fairly standard. I started by going through my resume and experience, then answered a few HR questions. Then I received an overview of the position and what it entails. I was told that I would be put through another interview, but later learned that I did not make it to the next level. Overall, a relaxed interview, but I was not the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Can you relate how your experience is relevant to the position?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SquareTrade.

Interview

Found on Craigslist. Initial response was fast with 30min phone screen. The interview was comprehensive. Met 4 people on first visit. Questions were technical in nature and social for a culture fit.

Interview Questions

• Though not a difficult question, they did ask to resolve a current issue with a netapp filer. It ended up being a networking question and was straight forward to resolve.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward with no little back and forth. It was a fair market offer inline with expectations