St. Joseph's Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Caseworker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (Paterson, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

It was pretty good. You receive a call from the department that is interested in your resume, then they call you in for an interview. if they interested they call you back for a 2nd interview. After that you interview with HR and then you do the hiring process

Interview Questions

• why did you apply to the position?

What are your strength and weakness?

How would you handle different situations?

Go over you resume   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (Paterson, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

first someone called to ask some questions and set up the interview, then you meet with a couple of people at the same time, and they all ask you different questions, then you get called for a second interview with more people. its a lot of people asking you questions. it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, how do you handle stress, how are you with sick people, tell me a time you had to go above and beyond, tell me a time you had to help someone you work with.   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (Clifton, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is easy and quick. They are trying to fill spots in certain units that have VERY high turnover such as telemetry and med-surg. The Orientation period is rushed in order to fill gaps in staffing.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in a place where the work is heavy?
      What do you do to relieve stress?
      What is most important in life?   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Met with HR and had a shortened behavioral interview and had one panel interview with several IT Managers and staff as well as the CIO. The CIO left early due to another meeting which I guess in the end was a sign that I wasn't going to get this position.

I thought the interviews went well and was even told to contact my references to let them know that they may be contacted. Of course my references were never contacted which was embarrassing because they kept telling me that they never heard from the company.

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (Paterson, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I received a call from the coordinator from the RT Department asking to set up an interview. I applied online and 5 days later I got a call back. I went to the interview and interviewed with the manger for over an 1 hour. He let me know that if I was chosen for the job I would be contacted by HR and I would have to come in for a background check.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email to set up an interviewed date. When I went in, it was 1:1 interview with 4 pharmacists. Fair interview questions. General questions with a few STAR questions.

WIC Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Met with the nutritionist supervisor once; questions were pretty basic, and she took me around the office to meet other staff. Also met with an HR representative for standard questions. No additional testing or evaluation was required. Both contacts were pretty friendly, and I didn't have to meet with anyone else in the process. I do remember having to wait awhile for things to move along--which often happens when applying for a hospital position.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health.

Interview

Interviewed with nurse recruiter and then was passed on to the nurse manager at the Paterson campus. Basic nursing interview questions. Spoke about the position available for hire. Nurse manager asked more nursing specific questions but nothing out of left field. Gave me a tour of the unit before leaving.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle patients on a ventilator and what would you teach them. (position on a med/srug vent unit)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Applied online on theirs career website. After a week, I received a call to come in for an interview. Met with the nurse recruiter who asked about skill sets from clinicals, work experience, and some situational questions. Then I went over to SJRMC in Paterson where I met with the nurse manager and another nurse. They asked me basic questions and questions about my resume. After that, the nurse introduced me to the floor and answered any questions I had about the unit. The following week, I received a call that I had been offered a position.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health.

Interview

Interviewed for RN position. First met with the nurse recruiter where the basic questions like "why nursing, and describe your strength and weaknesses" were asked. then drove over to meet nurse manager for some information about the unit. Nurse manager asked, "why this unit, what brings you to the hospital".

Anonymous Employee in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at St. Joseph's Health (Paterson, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

applied for the position through the website career services. Within a week a received a phone call from Hr calling me in for an interview. I first met with the nurse recruiter who asked me general questions about my education, precious work experience, and why I wanted to work they. Then I met with the nurse manager and nurse educator who explained to me more about the unit and asked me pretty much the same questions.