Starcom Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

Was sent an email to schedule a phone interview. I was told the interview would last 15-20 minutes but actually lasted about 5 minutes. I was asked a behavioral question, a math question, and why I was interested in Starcom.

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in July 2010.

Interview

It was a half a day interview with up to 5 one one one interviewers. They ask the basic questions nothing to hard.

Interview Questions

• What media would you use to promote your favorite brand.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide.

Interview

I was recruited through my department's career services. I applied in October and was called in for an all-day interview a week later. The interview consisted of four 40-minute interviews: two with on-site recruiters and two with upper management executives through Skype.

The company culture seems very fun and hardworking. It seems like a great place to start a career as most industry insiders say that Starcom has the best training programs in the industry.

The hiring process is long. Once you are "recommended for hire," it can be months before you actually receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are situation or hypothetical in nature like, "Pick a brand and describe what you think would be that brand's primary target."   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First, there is a phone screening where they are looking to test your math skills, general communication skills, and just understand your experience.

Then, there is an in-person interview where you meet with 3-5 people about different skills, topics, etc. It's all fairly behavioral and fit based. Make sure to come with questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you lead a team? What about a time where you showed leadership? Was there a time when you were not a specific team leader but you acted as one? What did you do and how did you lead?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some ability to negotiate on salary.

Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview was fairly basic and essentially wanted to make sure you could do math and hadn't lied on your resume. This was followed by four back-to-back in person interviews. They were about 45 minutes each and while I think that they were meant to focus on a different area (team work, creative problem solving, etc.), many kind of ran together. After the interviews, you're taken out to lunch with an "ambassador" who is meant to be a non-partial person you can ask more frank questions about culture, compensation, etc.

Negotiation

There wasn't one

Associate Media Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Detroit, MI) in October 2010.

Interview

This is the first job where the hiring process went "by the book. I found posting via Indeed alert, I applied online, got referral from a former colleague to the HR & hiring managers. Phone screen with HR, in person with hiring mgr, phone interview with managing director the following week, then I got an offer shortly afterward. People are extremely friendly and nice, it's interesting work and the company overall is currently getting a lot of new business wins, so a positive atmosphere. Starcom strongly emphasizes training and offers many learning opportunities. Like most media agencies, a very high percentage of female employees and seems very understanding about work/life balance issues.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate for more vacation. Holidays and flex days are pretty generous as well.

Strategic Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide.

Interview

I was brought in over the course of about a month and met with a number of people within the group I'd be working. The offer process was a little on the slow side, but such things are common with large institutions. Once I received the offer everything came very quickly in succession (paper work, background check, etc.)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No real ability to negotiate, but the offer was fair.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Was contacted by HR for a phone Interview a few days after I applied. Phone interview went well, standard fit questions and a few simple arithmetic questions, was contacted again to come in for an in-person interview about 4 weeks later. Met with three individuals in the finance department. Interviewed for an hour each with each of the finance people. Called HR after 3 weeks to follow-up and I was told that they were still conducting the interview process. Received a standard form rejection email, as well as a phone call, about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• What else should I know about you that's not on your resume?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in July 2017.

Interview

Hands down worst HR I have ever dealt with, PERIOD! Non-responsive. Have been handed off to 3 different HR persons. Each correspondence has gotten worse and worse.

The most recent HR person is just not responding.

It will be a month since my in person interview on Monday. To this day I have not heard a word, update, nothing. After several follow ups and attempts to get updates.

Very rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging situations you have been faced with in your current role, and how have did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide.

Interview

Initial response was quick after submitting my application. They scheduled a phone interview with me the next day. Recruited asked me to answer basic HR questions through email to save time for the call. However, I did not receive any call. I waited 30 min for their call. I emailed the recruiter to reach out. No response. What a joke. For a company to ignore an applicant like that.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR questions. Why Starcom? desired salary..   2 Answers