Starcom Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Starcom Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2017

2.8

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide.

Interview

Starcom reached out to me. Had 2 phone interviews, 1 of them is technical. And then on-site is just chatting and test cultural fit. I interviewed with the analytics group. I have some working experiences, so it's mainly just digging into my past experience and a lot of "why" questions towards why you want to work there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent in an application and 3 months later had a phone interview. Phone interview went very well, she asked me some basic math questions and about times I had to be a leader and think on the spot. 3 week later I heard back that I did not get another interview. When I reached out to ask for more information as to why, I did not receive a response.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide in July 2017.

Interview

Hands down worst HR I have ever dealt with, PERIOD! Non-responsive. Have been handed off to 3 different HR persons. Each correspondence has gotten worse and worse.

The most recent HR person is just not responding.

It will be a month since my in person interview on Monday. To this day I have not heard a word, update, nothing. After several follow ups and attempts to get updates.

Very rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging situations you have been faced with in your current role, and how have did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviews with four people, back to back, were scheduled 2 weeks in advance, day of the interview, I receive an email that is asking to change the timing of the third interview, but the first interview is listed as earlier than the original schedule I received and a few hours from when I received the email. I sent the original email with schedule , agree to whatever changes are necessary but ask for an immediate update to the schedule. One hour before the new time I am supposed to be there, I receive the update and go to the interview. The first interviewer - head of the team cancels and sends the person currently in the role to talk to me, then I have a 30 minute 'break' in their lobby until the next person can meet me , who is late. I walked out after 2.5 hours knowing that this was not a real interview and that I had taken a half day from my current job to provide insights and answer questions for a team who had already decided who was filling the role. One week later, I received a call from the recruiter - who was very professional and not the one who set up the scheduling - that the role was being filled internally.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were focused on my experience and providing examples of my work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

First was a twenty minute phone call with behavioral-based questions. Followed up with an email asking to fly out to Chicago for in-person interview (not reimbursed, but they tell you that upfront). In-person interview was about 3 hours total, meeting with 4 different employees for about 45 mins, each person being higher up than the previous. Was told it would take about a week to hear back which was accurate, give or take a few days. Email asked for 15 min phone call the following week which was just the job offer, really just took 2 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to step up and be a leader   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide.

Interview

3 sets of phone interviews with 2 recruiters and then with someone who actually works in media - usually a supervisor. Each interview was about 45 mins-1 hour in length.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing in media today and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very lengthy and in-depth. After applying online which includes a few essay questions, I got accepted for a phone interview. The phone interview is very behavioral-based, so be prepared to answer questions with examples. After passing the phone interview, I was invited for in-person interviews which took about 4 hours. I interviewed with 4 different people each one at a higher level than the previous. Each interviewer had their own style, so just be prepared to answer a lot of questions and ask a lot of questions!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went through a big change and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to make a big decision.   Answer Question
    • What recent technological innovation has the opportunity to reshape how advertisers connect with consumers?   Answer Question

Analyst, Architecture & Governance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

First a recruiter reached out to me by phone, we talked about my previous experiences and he introduced the position in details. Then another HR scheduled two phone interviews for me with two VPs on two different days. The first call was late for 5 mins which was fine for me, because I understand sometimes people in VP level are busy. General questions were asked during the interview, such as "What do you know about Starcom", "How familiar are you with media analytics", "What is your career goal". No specific technical question was asked. The second interview. I have to say I was a little disappointed. It was scheduled at 12:30pm, and I kept waiting for half hour, but no one called me. Sent another email to HR to check if they rescheduled the interview. I haven't yet heard anything back from HR. I want to say that I can totally understand if the interviewer call me late for 5 or 10 mins, but this situation is out of my expectation. I'll update my review as soon as someone gets back to me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Starcom runs a rather in-depth interview process. The first step is completing the application complete with a cover letter and resume. Secondly, they will conduct a skillset interview where they'll ask about your particular skillset and why you're interested in the positin you applied for. The final round consists of a difficult behavior based interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Starcom Worldwide (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. Phone interview was about 30 minutes of behavioral questions with some math. In person interview was a half day with different levels of employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult group.   Answer Question