State Compensation Insurance Fund Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Compensation Insurance Fund Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.1

Seasonal Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund.

Interview

The interview was standard. There were 5 pages of behavioural type questions. The 2 managers were very friendly. You had to really describe your answers in detail. They were looking for someone with skills and a great personality as well.

They wanted to know how you would handle the job under pressure, are you a hard worker, and how you would react to working under strenuous deadlines.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a negative customer.   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Two weeks after submission of the online application, I received a telephone call from the coordinator to schedule a walk-in interview on the day after the next. The interview panel consisted of three assistant chief counsel. They were very friendly and started off with explaining how the interview will be conducted. The interview itself was rather relaxed, and I have even received some helpful suggestions on my responses in the course of the interview. Twelve days after the interview, I sent a follow-up email and received a response within a few hours with the update on the process. Received the final response twenty eight days after the interview. Aside from the wait, very pleasant experience, would gladly repeat.

Interview Questions

• Exact interview questions are confidential, however the interview has the structured part ( the same questions given to all applicants in the same order ) and the unstructured free-style part ( all other questions the interviewers would like to ask this particular applicant )   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

good took couple weeks after submitted app online, after 2 weeks gave me invitationon verbal interview had typical questions. did background check that was very short and to the point, interviewers were very helpfull

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The good: people were cool, interesting environment, small company feel.

The bad: Only asked technical questions (including standing at a whiteboard and doing problems on the spot) and didn't seem to care about getting to know me as a person or knowing about my career aspirations. Asked questions to intentionally try and trip you up. They were over 30 minutes late bringing me in for the interview. Non-diverse workforce. Heavily skewed towards MIT grads. The engineers seemed cliquey and unwelcoming.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to get up on the board, do problems, draw graphs about random things.   Answer Question

Seasonal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (Vacaville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

pretty much all state jobs require a panel interview so as to not be biased. They read the questions off to you and you answer them. They then each give you a score and the score is averaged at the end of the interview to determine who is most qualified.

Interview Questions

• - what are you looking for
      - what do you know about the company
      - tell me a little about yourself
      Answer Question

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (North Sacramento, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

3 person panel. 2 step hiring process. I applied about one month before I actually received an email from someone that scheduled me with an interview. They were all extremely nice and quick to get back to you. I've interviewed at another department that didn't call me or email to even tell me I didn't receive an offer. I had to call after one month for them to tell me I didn't get the job. I loved how state fund was so efficient.

Senior Category Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (Pleasanton, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Apply to posting, send in resume and app, interview, pretty easy process, must take state test to get on list, get on DGS Jobs website and do your thing. You will get a call within a month if you are cool enough.

Interview Questions

Interview

First you must take & pass an exam to qualify to work for the State Fund. It is a timed multiple choice exam that covers math & reading comprehension. I think it had 150 questions & you had to get 75 of them right to pass. Once you pass you are ranked and as jobs open up the State Fund will call you.

Interview Questions

• I had a 3 person interview panel. All typical interview questions   1 Answer

Senior Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (San Francisco, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

You walk into a conference room expecting 2 to 3 people to be interviewing, instead you find 6 people all asking you questions. They have a set list of questions that people interviewing have to answer. It was the most uncomfortable interview I have ever attended.

Interview Questions

• What does Labor Code 4650 refer to and explain in detail the subsections. What does Labor code 3202 refer to? How is it applied? What is an Affirmative Defense? How is permanent disability calculated?   Answer Question

Program Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Compensation Insurance Fund (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

state of california test. if you rank in top 3, they will probably call you in. process from test to interview approximately 2 months. time from interview to hire approximately 1 week

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with many tasks that must be completed asap?   Answer Question