State Street Global Advisors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted 100% online for a remote Manager position. After response to 25 questions; I was given the "decision" that the company felt I had the "knowledge,skills,charisma and experience to handle this job position". They sent a "contract" via email that was very unprofessionally created. They also did not answer questions posed; but simply moved on to the next topic in their sequence. Either this company is poorly run (from an HR/Talent Acquisition perspective); or someone is out there impersonating them.

Interview Questions

• What do you regard as the biggest challenges and opportunities facing a firm today and how to improve services ?   Answer Question

Governance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen asking background questions and assessing job fit, followed by a 30 minute call with the hiring manager to go over the resume. Was invited to an in-person interview, where I was asked to prepare a presentation.

The team sent a lot of materials and gave 2 weeks to prepare for the presentation. The in-person interview consisted of an hour long presentation to the team, followed by one on one interviews. After the month long process and the copious amounts of materials I had to go over to prepare for the presentation, not to mention the nerve-racking process of interviewing, the manager informed me that she had no idea who she was looking for, was just "interviewing people to see what's out there," and didn't have a position open at the time. This is extremely unprofessional, and should be stated up front so as to manage expectations.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA).

Interview

Process was straight forward and the interviewers were engaging. One thing I liked that no one else does was to notify me whether or whether not I would get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two interviews discussing finance theory and thoughts on developing models. Some brief coding questions. The interviews were quite conversational and very pleasant. I enjoyed the process overall, and they were very timely in getting back to me on next steps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview 2 times. It was a good interview still waiting for their response. They did screening and then two phone interviews and then on site interviews. My interviewer talked about his experience at the firm and what the interns would do. I found it helpful

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied to the internship program online. A week later I was called by someone in HR who asked me to come in for an interview. He was extremely helpful in helping me schedule my interview as I was coming from 6 hours away. He called me back to say that two other teams also wanted to bring me in for interviews so he made sure that I could do them all on one day for scheduling sake. The interviews were very casual. They told me about the positions and then they just wanted to get to know me. It was not stressful like other interview I had been a part of. I was offered all three of the internships I interviewed for and I was able to choose which one I wanted.

Conflicts of Interest Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

Interview

Met initially with hiring manager, then with two of his direct reports who would have been my peers in the role. The interview with the hiring manager was fairly standard with the exception that he was fairly impatient with answers that were more than two word answers. The meetings/interviews with the hiring manager's direct reports were more interactive and a discussion as opposed to responding to questions.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about this role?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

You interview with 3 to 4 people in the org. It was about 1 hours to two hours long. The people were nice and not overbearing with their questions.

Interview Questions

• Your technical skills backgrounds and applications you used,   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors.

Interview

Had a phone interview for screening, and then an on-site interview the next week. It lasted about 3 hours, half an our with all six members of the team. It took two weeks to hear back from them. Interviewers were all very nice and friendly. The questions asked were general behavioral questions, nothing technical, surprisingly.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street Global Advisors (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 people. Not one person addressed me by name or took any interest in me. SSGA does not give any information regarding the process following the interview, they just drop you. Attempts to get information following the interview are ignored by their recruitment. This was a very bad experience for me and poor timing.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me questions, just sized me up.   1 Answer