Steinhafels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Steinhafels (Waukesha, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very smooth interview. The best part was meeting all of the people in the entire corporate office. You have to sit at a conference table with 4 people asking you questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Steinhafels (Waukesha, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a nearly immediate response. I scheduled a phone interview for that very afternoon. The next week I went in for a 1:1 interview with HR. Then we scheduled a group interview for the following week. In the meantime, the position went from FT to PT. I still went ahead with the group interview. Since then my references were requested & some of them were called. The next step would be a drug test & a lift test... I received a call stating that I was still being considered & that I would hear from them by the end of the week, one way or another... That was two weeks ago. Still waiting...

Interview Questions

• What skills & experiences make me the ideal candidate?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Appleton, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Steinhafels (Appleton, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

short and sweet! Other tan that, I do not have all that much to say, except that I am interested in Full-time and they would rather hire part-time, which is understandable, naturally!

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Steinhafels (Waukesha, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, then an onsite interview with the manager and then a meeting with the director, then an offer.

I was very disappointed in how the 'Family Company' process. First, between the phone and onsite interview was about 4 weeks. That was without a status update. I called and emailed the recruiter without any response and suddenly then called me saying they wanted to meet.

I went in to meet the manager and an employee and had about a 45 minute interview. The next part in the process was to meet the Director the following week. There was no correspondence of when it would happen. I called and emailed the recruiter and called 2x. I also called the manager that interviewed me. This took place within 4 days. They then called back to have an interview with the Director - I turned it down. I was NOT impressed by how things were working.

Furniture Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Steinhafels (Madison, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

typical formatted interview from form.. more interested in hiring numbers than quality. Explained training program but upon start simply did not exist except on your own or speaking with other salesman.. training was a joke. Vendors might visit but with your being part time you never are able to listen.

Interview Questions

• have you ever sold before on a straight commission basis..

are you willing to work weekends
      1 Answer

Negotiation

was none .. straight commission.. if you sell you make money if you don't sell design packages you will be terminated shortly... also need to sell the protection package to make any serious bonus but the rate you are paid on the package is not the same as you earned.

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Steinhafels (South Madison, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple interview . Be outgoing. Most likely will be hired if you show you have drive. The dollar figures that they claim are actually very achievable. Sales process is easy. Be sure to research the company. Steinhafels was founded in 1934. It remains a family business. It is currently rated the 16th best furniture chain in the United States out of the top 500. Impressive.

Interview Questions

• 5 adjectives that describe you.   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Steinhafels (Vernon Hills, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Straight forward, questions you'd suspect. It took place right there in the store after they called and asked me to come in. I wore khaki pants, a buttoned shirt and a tie. At first it was just the warehouse manager and me, the the store manger joined in the last 15 min.

Interview Questions

• Are you reliable? They keep workers to a minimum, about 2 or 3 people, so they want to know that you won't be late or call off. Leaving 1 guy to load giant pieces into the back of a vehicle by himself sucks (Trust me I would know)   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Steinhafels (Waukesha, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

Quick and to the point , went over company values and strengths. Gave a tour of the building. Asked a lot of typical interview questions. Interview started on time. Meet with more than one person. I was able to ask a lot of questions as well. Interview seemed to be positive.