Stevens Transport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2017

2.3

Driver Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Mesquite, TX).

Interview

Two separate phone calls about 30 minutes each going over my background and position. Was told I would receive a phone call to set up an in person interview for the following week and never heard back

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background and how you can apply it to this position   Answer Question

Fleet Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stevens Transport in March 2017.

Interview

Got a message on LinkedIn asking if I was interested. Got the interview schedule and came in. Conducted mulitlple interviews in one day for other positions as well. They then asked me to come back for second interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked you a lot of industry questions. Felt a little like an introfation.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The recruiting and interview process was amazing with this company! I had an open dialog with Beth Strong in Human Resources and was encouraged to contact them with questions at any time. I was first contacted to schedule a phone interview which we set up for the next day and was immediately asked for a second, in person, interview in which I was offered the position. It was a breath of fresh air to not be kept on the hook for weeks at a time and any delay was clearly explained. I wish the companies I applied for in the past would have been so open! The in person interview itself truly seemed like a conversation and was not like they were trying to intimidate me at all. All of the questions were professional and I was given time to explain my answers in full.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle conflict and what are some of the methods you use?   Answer Question

Class A Commercial Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

I went to Tampa Truck Driving school and a recruiter there helped me. He spoke with the Stevens Transport recruiter and we did a telephone interview. After the interview, I submitted the application and faxed it to Stevens. Within 30 minutes, I was given Pre-hire status (promise letter). Overall, the interview and hiring process was quick and easy!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Submit app online. They will call you within 48 hours to clarify anything in the app, ask for additional documents. They will get back in touch within a few days and let you know if your app is accepted. Keep in mind is you are approved it is not an offer of employment. It is just a preliminary approval.

Interview Questions

• Is everything on the app true.   1 Answer

Cdl Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Fayetteville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was short, not many questios. Everything that was asked, is the same as an application. Just be honest about background and driving record because they will find out. I was up front about everything.
          The recruiter seemed alright. Wasn't much interest showed towards why I choose Stevens or why do I want drive trucks. I was told to keep in contact with her once a week until my start date. Her attitude was good which helped so far.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about Stevens transport   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was good. I was able to put my two week notice in with my job

Truck Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stevens Transport.

Interview

A dog & pony show, it all turns out to be false. They play up anything they think sounds positive and most candidates don't know it, the ones who do find out there's a lot more unscrupulous stuff coming. The objective is make you work like a dog, bark and quit. Their profit model depends on a lot of turnover, so they do everything they can to keep people coming in then leaving.

Interview Questions

• The incessant questions about illegal drugs, alcohol abuse and criminal history say a lot about who they attract as drivers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, and I soon did.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Dallas, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

3 years gainfully employed, somewhat clean driving history in the last 5 years, no crazy driving and you're good. Drug test is pee in a cup.
    They're looking for drivers, will put you through a class to get your cdl, so as long as you qualify, you're good to go.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be a trucker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview wasnt bad. I immediately put my appliation in and got a call the same day. So now im waiting for class i hope someone could yell me how long they stayed there after the paid off their school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stevens Transport (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

A phone call, a bus trip, Driver training classes, a trip to dallas, and an extensive skills test on the stevens training campus. The trainers knew that people new to big rigs are intimidated, and did well to train us properly.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of hauling big equipment   1 Answer