Stewart Title Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.4

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stewart Title (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for a position online and was contacted by the HR department - they thought I would be a good fit. Had a phone interview with HR and he immediately setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. This proceeded to a face to face interview that I thought well - sent a thank you email that day and asked for feedback. No Response. Sent a follow-up email several days later - no response. It has been over a month and still no response. I believe interviews are a two way street. If a candidate takes the time to come in a meet with your staff - common courtesy dictates a response - a no is fine but to totally ignore someone after an interview is very unprofessional. Not a company I would want to work for if they don't treat their candidates with any respect - probably treat their employees worse.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were particularly difficult.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stewart Title (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Received a call from a Stewart Title recruiter which was probably the most unprofessional call I have ever received. I actually thought someone was pulling a prank on me at first, but then quickly realized this person actually did work for the company and just did not know how to conduct themselves in an appropriate professional manner while conducting a phone screen. When the call was over, I thought to myself WOW, if this is how they treat a potential employee, it must be awful to actually work there! I have never left a review on glass door, but felt compelled after I received this phone call from Stewart Title. I can say with full confidence that if those are the kind of recruiters that work at Stewart Title, the kind that treat candidates with utter unprofessionalism, rudeness and disregard, then I count myself LUCKY that I do not work there!

Closing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Stewart Title (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview plus in person interview with management. Includes background check , drug testing. Review of skill set including all previous positions, experience,States previously covered on going training and certificates received. Pretty efficient process.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Stewart Title (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Called in for an interview. It was a single interview and was pretty straightforward. No trick questions just asked about my experience. I unfortunately did not get the position but appreciated that they let me know. My interview my not be representative as I know they wanted someone for this position quickly.

Interview Questions

• What salary are you looking for?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Stewart Title.

Interview

I came in for an interview with a manager and director, and they called me back almost immediately to come in and meet with another manager the next day. They were all very friendly and welcoming, and the interview felt like a conversation. They were open to answering all of the questions I had for them.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Harrison, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Stewart Title (West Harrison, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Position was listed all over internet @ varying sites. Me and who know how many other applicants spent 40 mins. filling out the tedious online application. That day I called HR for more info and was told the spot was filled! What an inept, careless company to list the job and fill it before it runs! They should have taken it down. A horrible mess of an organization. Beware!

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Stewart Title (Houston, TX).

Interview

Back when I was hired was awesome, you could really feel the " welcome" when it came to your 1st day they really made sure you got to know the whole company, lots of training not just on your field.
    And manger would really push you to better your skills.

Escrow Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Stewart Title.

Interview

My manager approved my transition to another branch office so that I could go back to school. Both of the managers were very accommodating and training was provided. A very short interview with the escrow manager and title manager was necessary, but due to my accounting department manger's recommendation, it was a very straight-forward process.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Stewart Title.

Interview

I was submitted to this position through a third party recruiter. Had a first interview with the VP of Accounting and Finance. Interview went great. Was set up for a second interview with the Accounting manager on their time. You can ask for am 8am interview but they will come back with 'how about 2pm.' Went to the interview, received great feedback and said 'we will be in contact with your recruiter soon.' From there, my recruiter said they never followed up with her and they couldn't get anyone on the phone or a reply via email. Eventually they found out that there was an offer given at a fraction of the salary. The position was a heavy accounting role and the salary should have been in the $55k+ range but, they offered someone a $45k range for a position that required many years of experience.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Stewart Title (Houston, TX).

Interview

Thorough but I felt the interview venue was a bit inappropriate for the job offer. After accepting the job I realized it was part of the sales culture there.

Interview Questions

• Will you be bringing clients with you? Who in your sphere of influence do you think will follow you here?   1 Answer