Stylight Machine Learning Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Stylight Machine Learning Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Stylight

3.3

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Stylight (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved 4 steps:
* HR Interview (via Google Hangout)
* Offline Data Science Tasks
* First on-site Interview (with 2 persons: VP and an Engineer)
* Second on-site interview (with 2 persons: CTO and one of the Co-founders)
During the whole process, I got the opportunities to talk to a bunch of people (10 people), get a feeling of the working atmosphere and get a handful of informative answers to my multiple questions.

Interview Questions

• The offline tasks was rather challenging, something I found quite enjoyable. These tasks involved applied mathematics exercises and one practical data analysis task.

The different interviews were interactive and open discussions. The questions weren't the typical interview questions that one get asked frequently.
    One of the most interesting questions that I got asked was: What is one negative aspect of you that we should be aware of if we hire you ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Stylight

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Stylight.

Interview

I applied online as I was living outside of Germany then. The whole interview process took about 7 weeks. It was smooth and the people involved were quite responsive. After a series of interviews, I got an offer from the company but I declined it as it did not match my salary expectations.

Following is the general outline of the interview process, in this exact order:
    CV Screening (probably) -> HR interview -> Assignment -> Technical interview -> Meeting with the team -> Management interview

I received an e-mail from HR regarding my application. We had a chat for about 40 minutes and after that, they sent me an assignment. For the assignment, they provided all the necessary things which made me focus on the core part of the assignment only. After that, I had a technical interview with 2 people from the team which took about an hour or so. Sometime after, they wanted me to meet the team and then as the last step, I met and talked with two of the C-level executives.

Overall, it was really great. I honestly enjoyed every single second of the whole process. People were amazing and honest. I did not feel like an outsider during the interviews. They did their best to adjust themselves to my schedule. They listened to me and gave genuine responses to my questions.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Stylight in June 2019.

Interview

After a long process involving a phone screening, tech interview and pair programming day with team meeting, I was left waiting for two weeks for an answer, although it was told me I would get an answer in the following 3 days. The interviews went well and everybody was friendly, but I was rejected without any sort of feedback or explanation, just an automatically generated email. Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• How to use a bayesian framework for a ranking system.
      SQL queries.