SugarCRM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SugarCRM Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.9

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SugarCRM.

Interview

There was a need for support as the company was moving from a legacy accounting system to a NetSuite e-commerce platform. The interview was largely based on "gut feeling" for all parties involved.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Sales Operations   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Applied on LinkedIn
    2. Phone Interview with recruiter
    3. Phone Interview with BDR in the role
    4. In person interview with 5 people that was 3 hours
    5. interviewed for two hours with 2 people
    6. Called me one week after final interview to tell me i got the job!

Interview Questions

• Really everyone just truly wanted to get to know me! it was great!   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, multiple phone interviews and then on site interviews.

It was a very long process that seemed to go well until going onsite. I felt strung along and spent so much of my time talking to 5-6 people by phone. It was clear that when I finally went onsite that I wasn't a clear fit for the role. I would blame the over eager recruiter for not identifying the mismatch but pushing me along the process anyway. Either that or he/she was not bright enough to see the mismatch. I didn't get the sense that anyone at this company was super bright or chosen from the best pool of candidates themselves.

The cherry on top was an in person peer interview that involved the most haughty and incompetent (imo) employee. Either she was miserable in her job (a reflection of the company) or just had a sour personality (also a reflection of the company's hires). I was almost glad that it didn't work out. Felt like a dodged bullet.

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and efficient. I had 3 rounds of interviews - first with the hiring manager, followed by two rounds of on-site interviews that involved me to speak to 7 people in total.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused more my awareness and experience in CRM   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

The interview process was multi-step, mostly conducted over Skype. This was rather different to my previous experience, but not necessarily a negative thing. I just had to get used to the idea of adding people on my personal Skype handle that I haven't even met before.
    The interviews themselves -- the ones that did take place -- were very professional and friendly. Interviewers asked relevant questions and tried to get a good understanding of whether the interviewee would be a good fit for the role in question. However, I must make a negative comment here -- as I mentioned above " the interviews that *did* take place!!!" So yes, I was scheduled to have Skype interviews with other interviewers that they neither bothered to attend nor inform me about the changes.cancellation/lack of intention to attend. Very disappointing and unprofessional indeed. This is the first company where I have had this rather strange experience of people not bothering to keep the appointments scheduled well in advance.
    The reason for a negative overall experience is that I felt Sugar should respect other people's time a bit more. You cannot schedule interviews on Skype across timezones, especially where people started their work day 16 hours before you did then showed up on Skype dutifully for the interview call, only to realize that you never even added a contact request, nor did you send ad-hoc contact request/call. The person responsible for scheduling/re-scheduling did a very poor job -- sometimes my emails were not answered for days! My current job as a professional services consultant is also very demanding with 75% travel each week. I do not like it if people neither keep the scheduled appointment nor give your a quick heads up in case of cancellation/rescheduling
    Sorry, Sugar, That's just not very polite!!

Interview Questions

• Previous project experiences, my personal technical and analytical skills, some questions to gauge the personality traits, some questions that tried to probe how well I can work under stressful conditions, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I was asked about a minimum amount below which I wouldn't accept an offer and Sugar made an offer that was 15% more than this figure. I felt the offer was decent for my geographical location and also perhaps for the role. I could have tried to haggle and get a few thousand extra, but I didn't feel like doing that.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process took quite a while, and I talked to many different people. I interpreted this as a sign that the company is careful about who they hire. I did a combination of in-person and phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of hypothetical questions about how I would handle making decisions in difficult situations.   Answer Question

SugarCRM Response

Oct 14, 2015 – Manager, Talent Acquisition Programs

Thank you for providing this constructive feedback. It is very helpful as SugarCRM continuously looks to improve our candidate experience. We are excited to have you on board - congratulations and... More

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and quickly contacted by hr representative. Screening call was laid back, informative and they wanted to know why I was interested in joining sugar. The second call was a with two engineers. I learned more about the solution and what to expect. One guy was like what ever and the other was actually interested in speaking and my background. I answered some technical questions. Third call was a session with more engineers and the manager. What ever guy
    was present and I got to meet some additional engineers on the team. Be prepared for an
    excercise. Overall the process was long and drawn out for a position that offers little exposure to technology. I had to initiate the the each step by contacting hr to find out what was going on. A month and a half passed to find out their decision.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. The lead recruiter, who was my point of contact was very professional and helpful from start to finish. Initial phone screening, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on-site interview with 3-4 members of upper management. They will definitely test your knowledge of sales and the industry and you will have to sell yourself as a valuable candidate. With that said, the entire interview process was one of the most positive and organized I've experienced in this industry. Everyone from the recruiter to the vp of sales was cordial, smart, and professional.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM in February 2015.

Interview

Initially the interview was very good. Both the Hiring Manager, HR and Supporting teams saw a good fit on my background and accomplishments. Throughout my career, I was always a top performer and come from a name brand company. There was one last final interview with a Sales person that was very ackward. Based on feedback from my internal sources, Sugar ended up hiring "third stringers" for the position. I can see where some of the Company reviews are coming from that Management seem lost.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

A bit of a disaster. After several interviews I had the last one with 4 management positions. One of them didn't show up and after a phone call where they told me we were gonna reschedule the interview, I never heard back from them except for the typical email template telling me I was discarded.

Interview Questions

SugarCRM Response

Jan 29, 2015 – Talent Program Manager

We are very sorry you did not have a positive experience. That was certainly not the normal interview experience that we have here at SugarCRM. We strive for positive candidate experience here at... More