SugarCRM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SugarCRM Interview Questions

Interviews at SugarCRM

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SugarCRM in October 2012.

Interview

Got an email back from them and set up a phone interview.
    Talked to them about the company, what my expectations were, how much I was expecting in terms of salary. Walked through my resume and talked about the things I have done, my technical abilities, and what I was interested in working on in the company.

Interview Questions

• What is a key skill that you have that would benefit the company   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SugarCRM.

Interview

I was approached two weeks ago by the recruiter after applying from Jobvite for first 30 mins phone call interview since then I haven't heard from her back. Then after two weeks, she replied with a time and date for the interview, but she didn't call for the interview. I have good reviews about SugarCRM before this but this unprofessional approach has let me down. I had to delay my meeting for that afternoon for a 30 mins phone call which they even can't make to at least inform, if they are not willing hire or interview any other candidates.

Interview Questions

SugarCRM Response

May 18, 2018 – Manager, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest in a career at SugarCRM. We take candidate experience very seriously. It was an unusual and unfortunate circumstance related to how your application was processed in our... More

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Curt, circuitous...the recruiter almost immediately jumped to how much money I wanted and then proceeded to tell me that running an IT department was not a Director level role, and that the comp they were offering was 20K below market. Typical, "I'm sorry you feel that way".

Seemed like they were trying to find a reason not to proceed so I cut it short. I have a day job and don't need your power trip.

Interview Questions

• What is your expected compensation?   1 Answer

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM in February 2015.

Interview

Initially the interview was very good. Both the Hiring Manager, HR and Supporting teams saw a good fit on my background and accomplishments. Throughout my career, I was always a top performer and come from a name brand company. There was one last final interview with a Sales person that was very ackward. Based on feedback from my internal sources, Sugar ended up hiring "third stringers" for the position. I can see where some of the Company reviews are coming from that Management seem lost.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone screen, multiple phone interviews and then on site interviews.

It was a very long process that seemed to go well until going onsite. I felt strung along and spent so much of my time talking to 5-6 people by phone. It was clear that when I finally went onsite that I wasn't a clear fit for the role. I would blame the over eager recruiter for not identifying the mismatch but pushing me along the process anyway. Either that or he/she was not bright enough to see the mismatch. I didn't get the sense that anyone at this company was super bright or chosen from the best pool of candidates themselves.

The cherry on top was an in person peer interview that involved the most haughty and incompetent (imo) employee. Either she was miserable in her job (a reflection of the company) or just had a sour personality (also a reflection of the company's hires). I was almost glad that it didn't work out. Felt like a dodged bullet.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SugarCRM in December 2017.

Interview

Initial phone call as a usual with questions after.
    Maybe was bad day but the interviewer did wanted to speak and there were no joy doing interview.
    The overall process looked like they are not looking candidate but just needed to make a call.

Interview Questions

• For loop checking if know how bind works. Something like for(....) { element.onClick(....)}   1 Answer

Dec 5, 2017 – Manager, Talent Acquisition Programs

Thank you for taking time to provide us your feedback. We are very sorry you did not have a positive experience during your phone interview. We will provide this feedback to the teams so that we... More

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. The lead recruiter, who was my point of contact was very professional and helpful from start to finish. Initial phone screening, followed by a phone interview with hiring manager, followed by on-site interview with 3-4 members of upper management. They will definitely test your knowledge of sales and the industry and you will have to sell yourself as a valuable candidate. With that said, the entire interview process was one of the most positive and organized I've experienced in this industry. Everyone from the recruiter to the vp of sales was cordial, smart, and professional.

Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SugarCRM (Cupertino, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

Incredibly lengthy, - went on for months - with stops and starts and very little communication. Interviewed multiple people, all of which had a very idea/description of what the position entailed. Was shocked at the disparity of what each person said about the job - and how each person stressed it would be a "difficult/challenging" position and that it was desperately needed. My interview process went on for over 3 months - and ended with a very generic "we are moving on with another candidate". After 7+ interviews, I felt I deserved a little bit more detail on the end decision. I requested more feedback, was told - "of course, let me check with the team" - and never heard back. Very frustrating waste of time - The hiring manager seemed very good and I felt like would have been a good match to work with - but there was definitely a lot of disorganization and lack of communication in the process - which was probably an indication of what kind of organization it is overall. One interview was cancelled last minute, one was never confirmed and suddenly I got a phone call - all pretty unprofessional, no communication between interviews and you'd think it was over and suddenly there was yet another interivew.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SugarCRM.

Interview

Good experience through the interview process. The recruiter setup an initial phone screen via email, about a week after the phone interview I was brought on-site to meet the rest of the team. I met with 6 team members and the interview was about 2 1/2 hours. The interviewers were well organized and asked good, relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember. I felt that most questions were assessing my cultural fit within the company.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

A bit of a disaster. After several interviews I had the last one with 4 management positions. One of them didn't show up and after a phone call where they told me we were gonna reschedule the interview, I never heard back from them except for the typical email template telling me I was discarded.

Interview Questions

SugarCRM Response

Jan 29, 2015 – Talent Program Manager

We are very sorry you did not have a positive experience. That was certainly not the normal interview experience that we have here at SugarCRM. We strive for positive candidate experience here at... More