Swift Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Swift Transportation Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2017

2.0

Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview

There is none just call the recruiter. All they care about is that you have your CDL. They run your mvr background. Do a drug test and your in.

ECT Planner; Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Memphis, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

Fairly easy questions, about 6-10. I met with Ramon, and he was okay. I was shown the facility/room that I would work in and it was a call center environment.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview lasted about 30min. The call was not very technical. It was basically a rundown of what the current job is, what skills they needed and that they were very pressed for time. Very polite and very open to explaining the scenario.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would be willing to train 4 programmers who were not programmers. It was quite odd. They didn't ask any real technical questions.   1 Answer

Billing Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swift Transportation in June 2017.

Interview

I met with a recruiter and she mentioned this role. I was interested because this is a good company. She mentioned the salary compensation and I told her that was less than what I would like and she indicated she would contact them and discuss it. She called me the following day and told me that they were interested and impressed by my resume but not willing to go higher so I told her no thank you.

Later that week, she called and wanted to know if I could meet with them later that same week. I told her it was a short week and I would not be able to meet in person but I could do a phone interview. The arrangements were made and I was able to complete the phone interview.

Due to some issues, the interview started late but both ladies were professional, polite and knowledgeable about the role, company and the direction it is heading since the merger.

I inquired with the recruiter a few days later and was told they were going with another candidate.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Columbus, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

There's no interview it's a three day orientation. Then if you are inexperienced then you go with a mentor and you have to drive for 200 hrs then come back and take more skills test where you will take a two day class that you don't get paid for and you have to take more tests.

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions asked regarding eligibility, current CDL status and on the spot scheduling for your orientation/transportation to orientation. 3 day orientation is treated as an extended interview. Day 1, Paperwork, physical exam, drug test and Road Test of driving skills. Day 2, Classroom orientation, Day 3, more of the same till late afternoon, then you are either issued a truck, or they start looking to bus you to where a truck is available. Moderate disrespect is often overlooked, however I have witnessed applicants who manage to flunk themselves with attitude. Any drinking during the 3 day orientation, even while off duty/ at the provided motel, will result in immediate termination and not being eligible for re-hire

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the idea of being away from home and on the road for 2-3 weeks at a time?   1 Answer

Director Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview

Typical phone interview. I was brought in for a panel interview. No surprise questions and the panel was friendly. No follow up after, not even a form letter. Has me thankful that I did not go further as these signs say a lot.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

The first part was a Phone interview. Once that was complete I was later called in for a walk in Interview. I sat down with three others. The HR Rep and the two supervisors for that section. They were very nice and relaxed. The questions were not difficult, no trick questions. Over all my interview was just over or at one hour. Near the end they were asking questions about ME. Which was nice, how else are you going to find out if someone is a good fit for a team.

Over all this company is great to apply for. Why do I mention that? Because many companies HR divisions are somewhat disconnected. You can't find their email or phone numbers and the only response you get to your online application is "Received" or "Accepted" from an Automated system with no return contact info.

With Swift, I did get the standard email but someone from HR followed up a week later. From then on I was working with HR and they are really good to work with. This was the second position I applied to with Swift and as of this posting I have not been made an offer. If I don't get an offer I will continue to try. Their process and HR people are really easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Customer Service is.   1 Answer
    • How would you analyze a data set using excel.   1 Answer
    • In order to get to know me I assume, they asked what was the last book I read.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Swift Transportation in January 2017.

Interview

Apply online only if they want to schedule a first interview hr will call you and set up date and time for a phone interview. First interview is hr only over the phone. If they think the phone interview went well they will schedule for you to have the second at the local office with the team leader. Next if they liked you you will have another interview with the director. If that goes well hr will call you and make an offer. If you are ok with it they tell you where to go for a drug screen and set up a start date pending the results of drug screen and background check

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with people that you thought didn't pull their weight and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflict at work and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Owner Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Greer, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Basically it's simple , no accidents , no tickets and how long have you been driving for . What kind of equipment are you looking for ; new or used ? Is the truck loaded to your spec to ensure operating at maximum efficiency ?

Interview Questions

• 1) how long have you been driving for ?   1 Answer
    • 2)How long have you been with swift ?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been in any accident throughout your career ?   1 Answer
    • Have you had any service failures throughout your career ?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer a Freightliner Cascadia or a Kenworth T 680 ?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer a brand new truck ?   1 Answer
    • Does the truck come with a refrigerator ? And where do I go to have it installed ?   1 Answer
    • Does the truck come with a inventor ? How much wattage does it have ?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a escrow account for us ?   1 Answer
    • Does the lease purchase program offer you a buyout after 3 years ?   1 Answer
    • If you choose to finance out of the lease option , does swift help you in finance ?   1 Answer
    • Do we have a tax preparer you recommend ?   1 Answer
    • How much is the truck payment ? And is it weekly out of our settlement ?   1 Answer
    • Do you offer us payroll deductions ?   1 Answer
    • Do you use comdata card ?   1 Answer
    • How often are DOT inspections required for the truck ?   1 Answer
    • Is the truck under a warranty ?   1 Answer
    • What if the truck has damage when I complete my 3 year lease ?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a pet policy ?   1 Answer
    • Is it normal to feel nervous about becoming an owner operator ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fast and professional . It was really a cool experience removing all the plastic off the interior of the truck , wow , amazing brand new equipment .