Swift Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.0

OTR Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions asked regarding eligibility, current CDL status and on the spot scheduling for your orientation/transportation to orientation. 3 day orientation is treated as an extended interview. Day 1, Paperwork, physical exam, drug test and Road Test of driving skills. Day 2, Classroom orientation, Day 3, more of the same till late afternoon, then you are either issued a truck, or they start looking to bus you to where a truck is available. Moderate disrespect is often overlooked, however I have witnessed applicants who manage to flunk themselves with attitude. Any drinking during the 3 day orientation, even while off duty/ at the provided motel, will result in immediate termination and not being eligible for re-hire

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the idea of being away from home and on the road for 2-3 weeks at a time?   Answer Question

Director Human Resources Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview

Typical phone interview. I was brought in for a panel interview. No surprise questions and the panel was friendly. No follow up after, not even a form letter. Has me thankful that I did not go further as these signs say a lot.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

The first part was a Phone interview. Once that was complete I was later called in for a walk in Interview. I sat down with three others. The HR Rep and the two supervisors for that section. They were very nice and relaxed. The questions were not difficult, no trick questions. Over all my interview was just over or at one hour. Near the end they were asking questions about ME. Which was nice, how else are you going to find out if someone is a good fit for a team.

Over all this company is great to apply for. Why do I mention that? Because many companies HR divisions are somewhat disconnected. You can't find their email or phone numbers and the only response you get to your online application is "Received" or "Accepted" from an Automated system with no return contact info.

With Swift, I did get the standard email but someone from HR followed up a week later. From then on I was working with HR and they are really good to work with. This was the second position I applied to with Swift and as of this posting I have not been made an offer. If I don't get an offer I will continue to try. Their process and HR people are really easy to work with.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Customer Service is.   1 Answer
    • How would you analyze a data set using excel.   1 Answer
    • In order to get to know me I assume, they asked what was the last book I read.   Answer Question

Owner Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Greer, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

Basically it's simple , no accidents , no tickets and how long have you been driving for . What kind of equipment are you looking for ; new or used ? Is the truck loaded to your spec to ensure operating at maximum efficiency ?

Interview Questions

• 1) how long have you been driving for ?   1 Answer
    • 2)How long have you been with swift ?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever been in any accident throughout your career ?   1 Answer
    • Have you had any service failures throughout your career ?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer a Freightliner Cascadia or a Kenworth T 680 ?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer a brand new truck ?   1 Answer
    • Does the truck come with a refrigerator ? And where do I go to have it installed ?   1 Answer
    • Does the truck come with a inventor ? How much wattage does it have ?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a escrow account for us ?   1 Answer
    • Does the lease purchase program offer you a buyout after 3 years ?   1 Answer
    • If you choose to finance out of the lease option , does swift help you in finance ?   1 Answer
    • Do we have a tax preparer you recommend ?   1 Answer
    • How much is the truck payment ? And is it weekly out of our settlement ?   1 Answer
    • Do you offer us payroll deductions ?   1 Answer
    • Do you use comdata card ?   1 Answer
    • How often are DOT inspections required for the truck ?   1 Answer
    • Is the truck under a warranty ?   1 Answer
    • What if the truck has damage when I complete my 3 year lease ?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a pet policy ?   1 Answer
    • Is it normal to feel nervous about becoming an owner operator ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fast and professional . It was really a cool experience removing all the plastic off the interior of the truck , wow , amazing brand new equipment .

Driver Leader 11 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Monrovia, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy but some questions were well thought out so bring your (A) game. I thought my interview went smooth. I was asked questions that relate to situations and how I would handle them. There were "some" tough questions But I did well, I thought. I managed people so I answered as if I was already working there. Hire me.....

Interview Questions

• Name 1 experience that you had that stressed you out & how did you handle it??   1 Answer
    • This is not a question but I hope I get hired. I loved the hours and everything I observed was running smoothly. This job is for me!!! Send me an offer please!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greer, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Greer, SC).

Interview

Interview quick and easy..very nice & professional..applied one day got a call for interview the very next day. They review your app and ask scenerio questions. They ask you how you handled different situations. They tell you your shift and your salary range

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Company Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview

The process is simple and straightforward. You fill out an application, a recruiter contacts you, and if you meet the basic qualifications you get an orientation date. Orientation is the true interview. If you make it through orientation, you're hired on.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working in all weather conditions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. You take it out leave it. Swift is a large company.

OTR Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Ontario, CA).

Interview

There is no interview process. Just a drug test some contracts to try to tie you to the company so they can rape you later. They will tell you what you want to hear and they treat everyone like kids. Run from this company

Interview Questions

• Do you know we are going to rape you later?   1 Answer

Hostler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Woodland, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for Swift. I was told the job paid $17.50 an hour, and I would get overtime after 40 hours. It turned out I was classified as a driver, I'd only get $17.00 an hour, and there wouldn't be any overtime. Further, my hours would fluctuate from one day to the next, and there was no way to really be sure if i would keep the job in the first place.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I would be comfortable working nights and variable hours.   1 Answer
    • They wanted to know if I understood the job only payed $17 an hour, and there was no overtime   1 Answer

Ect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Swift Transportation.

Interview

First there were two phone interviews with corporate office and then face to face with both the fleet manager and terminal manager. The second interview was very intense. Was offered and accepted the position. Love the job!