Swift Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Swift Transportation

1.9

Sort:

Company Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Swift Transportation in October 2013.

Interview

There is no interview process. Qualified drivers get hired based on experience NOT based on their ability to pass through an interview. If you are a safe driver without multiple accidents than you can expect to be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Most standard application process. Require 5 years work history, school, etc. If you already have a cdl, they'll put you with an orientation class. If you don't, they'll send you to one of their schools to get a cdl. Orientation will show you very basic information about the company, logs, etc. If your application has errors, you'll need to give more information. Your orientation coordinator will set that up for you. After the initial review process, you'll do a urine collection for drug/alcohol testing. Once you pass that, and all your paperwork is in order, you'll receive a driver code and a mentor assignment. Your mentor won't teach you HOW to drive, but how to operate successfully.

Interview Questions

• When do you want us to schedule orientation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Went great had prerequisites for the job needed. went through improcessing and was on the road. Hiring process was easy, not sure why i have to write 30 words on this but it tells me to so ill just keep writing, i no longer drive truck and its a good skill to have but maybe i will return to this when i get a lot older.

Interview Questions

• Ever had a DUI in your life.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (San Antonio, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Physical screening at company training school. This was followed by strength and stamina tests to determine fitness for the job. Following passage of entry tests, both state and company, classroom theory followed by range driving on the company's road range. Instructors then guided us through the driving test required for a state license. The company put us up at a local motel for the three week training course, which was followed up by six weeks with a driver mentor. Paid training began during the mentor stage..

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

The process is detailed and straightforward. Ask plenty of clear questions to get direct answers. Background check, orientation and medical testing are well organized. Orientation takes 3 days and you will be assigned a roommate at a hotel for those 3 nights.

Interview Questions

• The asked all typical questions - nothing out of line. The found an old license in my name from 20 years ago from a different state. I thought it was useless since I hadn't held that drivers license since 1998, and the record was clean.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation for pay. Vacation was non-negotiable. Recruiter was polite, professional and direct.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Bussed me into the terminal, keeped me at a redroof inn for the 4 days. group oriantation / interviews at first then skills assasment. Had to preform backing up, driving, and getting in and out of vehicle and trailer safly

Anonymous Employee in Marion, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Marion, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Very laid back and smooth. Called Swift on Thursday and begin orientation on Monday, just over 3 days later. Recruiters are very informative. I recommend Tamala as the best recruiter.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Waiting to see if I qualify. Since I'm an ex felon. And out of all the otr company's that I looked at swift has the less amount of bad reviews . So I will try there training program and of course the school is the school but you really learn on the road

I may pay up front

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Reno, NV) in October 2011.

Interview

It was straight forward. The recruiter is willing to work with you and find a way to help the driver to start driving. I was fortunate to not get a liar as I have heard some horror stories. After the initial process, they start checking your employment background as well as your credit and criminal history.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a truck driver.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Swift Transportation (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2010.

Interview

Was none, filled out an application, received one call, one employers was contacted and then i set up date for orientation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was none, I came to work at top of pay scale and knew what to expect.