Swinton Insurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2017

2.4

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview, was hurried and very frenzied. Don't think the interviewer was even listening, had to say "hello" to be sure she was still on the phone. Didn't get the offer, was told my competency based answers didn't have enough information, even though I had used the S.T.A.R model. Was told on the spot that I didn't get enough marks to make it to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Unnervingly easy, awkward and rushed, wasn't comfortable so I later declined the face to face interview, the job didn't feel right, with the amount of redundancies the company was handing out and the wage that was being promised I felt as though everything was too good to be true and then I noticed on an email that the wage was 'pro rata' be cautious of this, it usually means the wage stated will not be the wage paid subject to hours contracted even though this may have been the wage advertised

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond for a company   1 Answer

Customer Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance in March 2017.

Interview

Great start. Ice breakers? Work as a pair on Swinton insurance vales and expand.
    Interview following by role play...
    Slightly ambiguous on part of the role play...bit of a catch out.
    Not got an offer of a job but annoyed that after nearly 2 weeks of promised feedback via phone call from HR still nothing. I've rung 4 times and now sent an email asking for it
    Only reason why I'm giving a negative experience is the amount of time phoning for a promise of feedback as I have a learning issue of which they were told about

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first stage was an online application. Then there was a telephone interview which took about 20 minutes to complete. Then there was an assessment day which consisted of a group session and then a face to face interview.

Process and Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

I had just one interview directly with the hiring manager and another manager related to the role. The interview started with an exercise. I was given a huge and complex process flowchart for just 15 minutes. Then I was asked about my observations, about any improvements I would suggest, etc. I assume that a Visio pro would be able to do that easily but for me it was not the case. Nevertheless, the interviewers were very professional and asked only meaningful questions. I didn't get the job as I am sure there were more suitable candidates but it was a very useful experience for me.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied directly to Swinton and was offered an interview within a couple of weeks. The interview itself was fairly standard - a run through of my CV followed by competency based questions. The main interviewer looked very uncomfortable and barely made eye contact, and I found it very difficult to create any kind of rapport. I thought the interview went quite well, and answered the competency based questions well, however the lack of rapport was difficult to read.

They said they had more interviews the following week and would let me know after that, but I heard nothing... Rude. I emailed their recruitment team twice asking for an update and didn't get a reply either. If that's how they treat candidates at the interview stage, I dread to think how they treat you once you're employed. I certainly wont be applying for any more jobs at Swinton.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via job website. Contacted by HR at Head Office. Completed a telephone interview and then invited to local branch for interview with Hiring Manager. Interview lasted about half an hour and was competency based. Hiring Manager appeared to be very disinterested and just going through the motions i.e - when I suggested that the company training (residential for two weeks in either Hemel Hempstead or Crawley) sounded impressive his response was 'no not really.' At the end of the interview the Hiring Manager provided me with a time frame as to when to expect a decision, (a couple of days). Never received an answer or any form of feedback. Emailed HR for some feedback - never received a response from them either. Very disappointing when you make an effort and it is not reciprocated.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of good customer service.   1 Answer

Application

I interviewed at Swinton Insurance in April 2016.

Interview

Competency based interview which is set around company framework assessing accountability, collaboration, leadership and customer experience. Online situational judgement test and presentation which was pre prepared with advance notice of topic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were under pressure to deal with a number of competing priorities from a variety of different sources?   Answer Question

Customer Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was divided into three tasks that lasted approx. 30 mins each. The first was a standard CV assessment, the second was made up of 8 competency based questions and the third was a case study that I had to report back on.

The interview itself was pretty easy. I was made to feel very comfortable and relaxed. However, the company never got back to me. This is disgraceful. To travel all the way to Manchester and to go through a 90 min interview, you'd expect a rejection email at least!? I was told I'd be informed within a week... over two months down the line I have nothing. I've since tried to contact multiple people at Swinton and have been ignore every time. Disgusting behaviour. Glad I didn't get the job in all honesty.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of where you've had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Swinton Insurance (Norwich, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Fun and different, took longer than I expected, but at least it was not the boring all the same type.
    Very relaxed and you don't feel overwhelmed with the process.

There's nothing negative about their interview at all.