Swisscom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Swisscom

2.8

AP Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swisscom (Sterling, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

First interview with HR
    Second Interview with Manager
    Final confirmation Interview with HR over thI applied online
    First interview was with HR. It was a basic phone screening.
    Second Interview was with a senior accountant and Manager
    Final confirmation Interview with HR over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Do you have any AP Experience?
      How do you handle stress?
      Why do you want to work for Swisscom?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Swisscom.

Interview

There were 2 interviews.

1. Is an interview by the Product Owner, it was a call to get to know more about you and a discussion about your previous experience. Typical behavioral questions where asked here.
    2. An interview with Product Owner and one of the engineers in the team, the questions were easy.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in Microservices, Angular, Spring Boot, CI/CD and some behavioral questions   Answer Question

ICT System Engineer Linux Windows Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lausanne (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Swisscom (Lausanne (Switzerland)) in November 2018.

Interview

I applied online, received confirmation of application and was rejected very quickly by email.
    I contacted HR by phone and tried to get more information as my profile was matching the position greatly (easily 90% of the skills in the description). I was told, after they checked feedback, that my windows skills were too weak (allegedely). I replied that, at the time, there were zero windows skills mentionned in the job title/description (which has been modified since then).
    I asked that my application is considered and I actually got a phone interview with the manager in charge of that service, weeks later. I replied to all questions and I was a solid match in my opinion.
    Weeks later, I got another rejection email, saying that someone else was preferred.
    Weeks later the job description is republished and updated with "Linux/Windows".

What a waste of time, lack of respect and poor treatment. I dislike liars, that was absolutely not necessary. I have 15 years of experience and matching skills, that should at the very least be sufficient to have a polite and respectful rejection conversation.
    The HR employee even laughed at me in the phone when I mentionned diplomatically that maybe a mistake was made in the initial application because I was strongly matching the position and was surprised to be rejected so quickly. I was told its impossible, they never make mistakes.

Interview Questions

• They asked my level in Linux   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worb (Switzerland)

Interview

Very nice experience with the interview process. The team manager made sure the expectations I have are in line with the reality. The office space is large and comfortable. There are a number of non-trivial technical challenges to solve during the process.

Interview Questions

• Questions on theory of probabilities, general computer science questions and a few open-ended design problems   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bern (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Swisscom (Bern (Switzerland)) in May 2018.

Interview

1. 45 min phone interview with the manager
    2. 2 hours technical phone interview
    3. Half day on site technical interview

After being able to pass the interview on site I recover a call from the manager saying that my skills, without any doubt are very good, but they understood that does not match their needs.

To be able to understand if the candidate skillet is relevant for your position you should waste the candidate's time until the on-site interview?!?

Neither lunch or travel expenses was reimbursed by Swisscom. Simply ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• TCP/UDP packet layer, rooting, HTTP Layer, symmetrical and asymmetrical critography, RSA256, SSH, Kafka, message broker, Hadoop, SQL, Java.

With a very detailed level   1 Answer

Rpa Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Interview

I got a telephoen interview and it went well. There were two person one lady from HR and other project lead of Automation. All questions were fairly basic and about my CV. It was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about you master theis?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bern (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Swisscom (Bern (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

Process started through an employee Referral. I only had to do a presentation followed by some technical questions. The questions were mainly about Machine Learning, but there were also some software engineering questions. It lasted 2 hours. The process was generally fast.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Swisscom (Zürich (Switzerland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Best part is that there is not too much standard HR Screening. You get to talk to the manager about actual work, goals and expectations very quick in the process.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of in terms of achievements in previous position?   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bern (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Swisscom (Bern (Switzerland)) in January 2016.

Interview

First there was a general interview per phone. After this, I was invited to a technical skype interview. There were some theoretical machine learning questions and a coding question. When I got stuck, interviewer gave me some hints how to make the algorithm better.

Interview Questions

• Questions about machine learning and java coding exercise.   Answer Question

Cloud Platform Developer Linux/OpenStack Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bern (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Swisscom (Bern (Switzerland)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very fast, first a call from HR to fix an interview date. This interview was then carried by the head of the team by Skype, planned 15 min. but extended to about 25 min, it was mainly focused on background and experience. That's the 1st round that you need to pass in order to do the onsite technical interview. After some weeks I received a phone call from HR explaining that in despite of my background and the interest they had in me, I didn't make it through. The reason as they explained, was that they didn't feel that my personal interests aligned to their corporate goals and structure for the long term.

I always try to carry my interviews very naturally as if it was a day at work discussing with a colleague or with a superior. This time didn't pay off and I might prepare differently for a future interview with them.

Overall, I found the experience very positive and discovered a very interesting side of Swisscom. Looking forward to applying for future openings.

Interview Questions

• What technologies are you strongest at or do you prefer?   1 Answer