TCF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCF (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I had one interview on campus with a recruiter who asked me who asked me several behavioral questions as well as a few standard questions. Next was an on-site interview with my would-be manager and another employee within the department. They asked about my experience and told me more about the position and my potential role would be within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with a teammate and how you resolved it.   2 Answers

Operation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TCF (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2010.

Interview

The manager and her assistant interviewed but the manager was mostly talking.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Sale yourself it's a bank job!

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TCF (Minnetonka, MN) in September 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen where I was asked about my previous roles and my reasons for leaving, then I was asked to self-rate myself on a scale of 1-5 of various technologies. Apparently the correct answer is to say 5 on everything, because she decided not to bring me in for an in-person interview. I have to say, she used a very lazy approach in her interview, it would've been better to at least ask me more specific questions giving me a chance to showcase my knowledge. I passed this information along to the recruiter who went to bat for me, but nothing came of it. Probably just as well.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your previous role?   2 Answers

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monticello, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCF (Monticello, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process was not too strenuous. There was two pages of situational and behavioral based questions. TCF was fairly fast in the follow up as they called for a second interview within 3 or 4 days. It was during the second interview that an offer was made, I asked for an extension and accepted within a week.

The overall experience of the interview was fairly basic. I attended a job fair at a University and met with two recruiters. They saw my resume and thought I would be a good fit for the Assistant Branch Manager Position, mostly in part to my college degree. They got me in contact with the Regional Manager who was the one who ended up hiring me.

Interview Questions

• These questions were the normal, "tell me about a time you had this happen, how did you handle it?" Or "If there was a line out of the door, your regional manager called, and you had a major customer issue, what/how would you prioritize them?"   Answer Question

Interview

The interview was fast and to the point. Make sure that you speak very professional and think about what you are going to say first before you say it. Most of the questions have already been asked but they are reworded differently.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a dissagreement with your manager?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TCF.

Interview

The branch manager interviews you. The questions are structured and after the interview they will rate each answer that you provided, kind of like grading it and they will see if you're fitted for the position or not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TCF.

Interview

pretty minimal, as long as you have a sales background they'll hire you

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there really is no room for negotiation pay is tiered but they will definetly underpay you if possible. take nothing less then $10 as a teller

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TCF (West Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Managers lied a lot and then manager herself hate company and describe as low level work place then rudely ask you question which was not even on the interview question. Manager will ask how old they look like. Then smile and tells you I m very young. LoL. You can only get hired if you are more knowledgeable than the branch managers.... Interview process was sucks.....

Interview Questions

• How many easy money have you received from the company? LOL   1 Answer
    • How old are you?   2 Answers
    • Why employee get turnover?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TCF in December 2015.

Interview

Interview was in the branch being applied to with branch manager and regional manager. About a week between the day of interview and job offer. Next steps outside of job offer were not explained at time of interview

Internship Interview

Interview

There were two 30-minute interviews either over the phone or in person. All behavioral questions and pretty relaxed and easy going. The whole process took about two or three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time... conflict, working on a team, competing deadlines, etc.   Answer Question

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at TCF (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2018.

Interview

Two phone interviews and one on-site interview. Extraordinary situation that upon arriving for interview the hiring manager I spoke with on phone three days before was gone. Interviews were a chaotic mess, with people very concerned about their own jobs. Would have been nice to have known the hiring manager was gone. Felt bad for everyone including the HR people.