TCF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TCF Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TCF (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview first. if passed, then onto an in-person interview at the specific branch. it was a two person team at the branch doing the interviewing. followup was done by recruiting at the HQ office. i expect that the drug and background checks will be done there, as well as orientation.

Interview Questions

• your perspective on your relationship and interaction with customer base   Answer Question

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCF (Oak Park Heights, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

They called me withing four days of applying to set up an interview, very quick and timely. When I got there, I met with the manager and assistant manager, who were both very welcoming and nice. They asked me some questions and explained what the job was like. At the end of the interview, they said that I was very confident and very well-rounded and that they would love to hire me. I was then sent to set up training dates.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you had to deal with an unruly customer in a previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked them what the base salary was, and they said $10-$11/hour based on experience, and that they would offer me a salary later in the next few days. I then got an email later that night from HR with an offer of $11.25/hr

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TCF (Willowbrook, IL).

Interview

Initial perception was very positive. The director of training along with two existing trainers hosted my interview, & shared their positive company experiences, in order to relax me. I then gave my my presentation on ways to prevent fraud. They tested my knowledge of the company, and asked why, out of more than 20 candidates, should I be given this job. Asked questions on how I'd handle customer service scenarios. Interview resulted in a job with 6 years of great experience and growth.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TCF (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very basic. First you'd get contacted by HR rep over phone and then do an interview over the phone with the HR rep then if they like you they would refer you over to the branch where you applied and you would get a interview there. Regular questions were asked such as experience, why you want to work for the company and what makes you the right fit for the job. Other things such as time availability were asked. very basic interview in general.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TCF (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Someone from recruitment will give you a call asking for phone interviews. Takes about 30 mins
    2. If interested will call again and schedule a interview with the recruiter. Basically asked the same questions as the phone interview
    3. If they are interested you will then get an interview with the branch manager that takes about 30 mins
    4. If interested in you the recruiter will give you a call about 2-3 days later

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TCF in June 2016.

Interview

pretty long, the lady drilled me with lots of questions revolving around my sales experience. answered with the skills from my previous job. honestly the only reason i believe i got the job was because i told her that rather than selling, i like to engage with the customers to understand their needs. tcf really focuses on your selling experiences.

Interview Questions

• name one time you had to deal with an irate customer
      do you have any sales experience
      how would you handle having to meet a quota
      how far would you go to meet the quota
      Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TCF.

Interview

Easy interview. They wanted a good cultural fit and I had somebody refer me so they knew my skill level. Overall nice people who want to see if you will fit.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCF (Burr Ridge, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy process, a district manager and a branch manager interviewed me. I interviewed at the headquarters which was pretty intimidating but they were very friendly. The questions didn't seem too hard, but the ones I didn't have an answer i answered them with a smile and confidence.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation in which change occur and how did you handle.   Answer Question

Tcf Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TCF (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was a total of 3 interviews. A phone screening, which was on 30 minutes long. And then in person with Human Resources Rep, which was 30 minutes long. And then at a branch in person interview with a manager, it was an hour long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TCF (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied at night the next morning I received a call from a recruiter In just a few moments I realized I was doing a phone interview, lasted 30 minutes in the end he asked for an in person interview ! So amazed on how quick this was ! Met with recruiter at a main branch it was pleasant meeting with him, he told me I was confident which made me feel at ease ! Interview lasted 1 hour in the end when he realized I would be a good fit he set me up with the final interview with the branch manager at the location I wanted to work at. I met with branch manager and the supervisor she sat during the whole interview . Manager had little information about me honestly he didn't know nothing about me he said the recruiter didn't send him some "notes" I don't think he had even looked at my application and resume before I walked in. He was pleasant and seemed To be Interested in what I had too say however the supervisor seemed uninterested and bored . We talked about availability towards the end. I got a bad vibe from the supervisor since she walked in she didn't even introduced herself? Anyway I didn't get the job and I don't know why maybe they didn't like
    The idea I was a supervisor before at a retail
    Store ? Maybe it was jealousy idk I don't want too sound arrogant " branch was completely full of females "why make me do 3 interviews make it seemed like I'm Going to be hired to be rejected In the end . Complete waste of my
    Time !