TCF Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2017

2.4

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at TCF (West Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

Managers lied a lot and then manager herself hate company and describe as low level work place then rudely ask you question which was not even on the interview question. Manager will ask how old they look like. Then smile and tells you I m very young. LoL. You can only get hired if you are more knowledgeable than the branch managers.... Interview process was sucks.....

Interview Questions

• How many easy money have you received from the company? LOL   1 Answer
    • How old are you?   2 Answers
    • Why employee get turnover?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TCF (Thornton, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted an application, got a call the next day to have an over the phone interview, then after we set up an in person interview. The interview went well, I got a call 4 days later asking if I was still interested and I accepted the job. The over all process (including background/drug test took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to achieve a goal (sales related)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TCF (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I had one interview on campus with a recruiter who asked me who asked me several behavioral questions as well as a few standard questions. Next was an on-site interview with my would-be manager and another employee within the department. They asked about my experience and told me more about the position and my potential role would be within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with a teammate and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TCF (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

phone interview first. if passed, then onto an in-person interview at the specific branch. it was a two person team at the branch doing the interviewing. followup was done by recruiting at the HQ office. i expect that the drug and background checks will be done there, as well as orientation.

Interview Questions

• your perspective on your relationship and interaction with customer base   Answer Question

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Park Heights, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TCF (Oak Park Heights, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

They called me withing four days of applying to set up an interview, very quick and timely. When I got there, I met with the manager and assistant manager, who were both very welcoming and nice. They asked me some questions and explained what the job was like. At the end of the interview, they said that I was very confident and very well-rounded and that they would love to hire me. I was then sent to set up training dates.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you had to deal with an unruly customer in a previous job   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked them what the base salary was, and they said $10-$11/hour based on experience, and that they would offer me a salary later in the next few days. I then got an email later that night from HR with an offer of $11.25/hr

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TCF (Willowbrook, IL).

Interview

Initial perception was very positive. The director of training along with two existing trainers hosted my interview, & shared their positive company experiences, in order to relax me. I then gave my my presentation on ways to prevent fraud. They tested my knowledge of the company, and asked why, out of more than 20 candidates, should I be given this job. Asked questions on how I'd handle customer service scenarios. Interview resulted in a job with 6 years of great experience and growth.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your greatest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TCF (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very basic. First you'd get contacted by HR rep over phone and then do an interview over the phone with the HR rep then if they like you they would refer you over to the branch where you applied and you would get a interview there. Regular questions were asked such as experience, why you want to work for the company and what makes you the right fit for the job. Other things such as time availability were asked. very basic interview in general.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to work for the company.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TCF (Sioux Falls, SD) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by the hiring manager and the supervisor that will be your boss. Interview was decent, though I felt they could have accurately described how demoralizing the job can be, instead of just calling it "hard".

They will take turns asking questions, which are fairly easy if you have any customer service experience and are truthful. Length was fairly moderate. It was about half an hour of actual interview, 15 minutes waiting in the lobby as they watch your behavior.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the hardest situation you've been in at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TCF (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

1. Someone from recruitment will give you a call asking for phone interviews. Takes about 30 mins
    2. If interested will call again and schedule a interview with the recruiter. Basically asked the same questions as the phone interview
    3. If they are interested you will then get an interview with the branch manager that takes about 30 mins
    4. If interested in you the recruiter will give you a call about 2-3 days later

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TCF in June 2016.

Interview

pretty long, the lady drilled me with lots of questions revolving around my sales experience. answered with the skills from my previous job. honestly the only reason i believe i got the job was because i told her that rather than selling, i like to engage with the customers to understand their needs. tcf really focuses on your selling experiences.

Interview Questions

• name one time you had to deal with an irate customer
      do you have any sales experience
      how would you handle having to meet a quota
      how far would you go to meet the quota   Answer Question