Talkspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2018

2.8

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Talkspace (New York, NY).

Interview

15 min Skype interview with 7 questions, 3 of which were Yes/No, 4 of which were obviously leading questions that indicated how you should answer. Interviewer lacked life, but was likely burnt out from the exhaustive amt of interviewees she had to contact. She was wasting into thin air by the time I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable working with technology?   1 Answer

UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Talkspace (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I ever have!

I was approached by a recruiter at first. I had a screening phone call with the Creative Director. It lasted only 10 mins, and he invited me to an in-person interview.

The in-person interview lasted around 1 hour. The CD was approachable, and I had a great time talking to him. He invited the CTO to join us for the second half of the interview. The CTO was extremely rude and interrupted a lot. He asked me a brunch of questions but didn't give me a chance to really answer them. For example, I mentioned that I collaborated with an external tech agency on a project at my previous job. Before I can tell him my responsibilities and contributions in that project. He interrupted and said, 'So you didn't do anything then' Towards the end, he made this assumption that I don't have enough experience and not qualified for the job. Then, he stormed out.

After the CTO left, I continued the interview with the CD, as he mentioned that he didn't agree with what the CTO said. I already knew that I can't work with the CTO after 2 minutes talking to him. I maintained my professionalism and finished the interview.

Psychotherapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Talkspace (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Application process, phone interview, face time interview, credentials review and confirmation, background check, CAQH completion, licensing board of state check and confirmation, 6 week initial training program, then advance to an 8 week advanced training program and then if all is completed succesfully, advancement to independent psychotherapist status.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in providing online therapy.   1 Answer

Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talkspace.

Interview

It was an online interview. It was certainly not final. The "interview process is VERY long and drawn out. It was with one of the trainers from Talkspace- she turned out to be my trainer with Talkspace. She and I had very different therapeutic styles

Interview Questions

• Will you be capable of working five days a week 2 times a day   1 Answer

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Talkspace (Springfield, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

A 10 minutes Skype / Facetime session. There were a few questions and I think that it was mostly about the trainer looking for nervousness and the ability to hold a conversation and ask questions on the online type of platform.

Interview Questions

• You are asked if you are licensed, but it isn't specified about being independently licensed and past your clinical residency and able to practice without supervision.   1 Answer

Licensed Professional Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Talkspace (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Lots of initial hoops to jump through to become a therapist, but worth the trouble and time. The training takes time and keeping up with Slack can be challenging if you have right time constraints.

Interview Questions

• Getting to know the learning curve of going from face to face to online ilcan be challenging.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Talkspace in January 2014.

Interview

I had to contact two talkspace upper management via Skype at the specific time that they told me I needed to. When I did, they didn't answer. When they called me I wasn't available and then I felt like I was punished for that. They were not very friendly and dismissive (that would be the best way to describe it). Again this interview was under old management so I wouldn't hold that against them now because I don't really think it applies anymore.

Interview Questions

• A million! I was interviewed under old management. It felt like I was applying for the secret service. I'm assuming this has changed under new management   1 Answer

Independent Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Talkspace (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Live video interview; thoughtful, friendly, relevant, informative. A rather engaging discussion of online counseling services and the Talkspace platform, as it compares to others, and to traditional office visits. The hiring process once accepted is quick and easy and it takes very little time for a provider to be providing services to clients.

Interview Questions

• History in the field of mental health counseling, and online counseling is an important question to ask, which they did. They asked about my comfort with computer technology, my special fields of interest in the mental health field.   1 Answer