TeacherActive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TeacherActive Interview Questions

Interviews at TeacherActive

Teaching Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

I accepted the offer by emails from that Nebza Labouni called me on phone and we discussed the position and salary after that I took a shot training. I started grading after one week.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work with us? Do speak Ewe? Can become a grader and evaluator with Liberty Languages Services?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TeacherActive (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Horrible interview the person interviewing did not send me an email what to bring along, had to run around London to get my proof of adress and other information which was needed, did not helo at all. Horrible interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you recieved my emails?   1 Answer

No job has been provided such a rude service did not want to contact other employers in order to recieve my references although I have provided contact details numerous of times. As I phoned up they knew who I was and did not want to pass the phone along to the person who interviewed me. Constantly avoiding my emails and phone calls.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TeacherActive.

Interview

There was no interview. I was booked for what I thought was an interview and I was just there to fill in paperwork. There wasn't really any check of who I was or what my experience is in detail, just seemed like they are eager to get as many people on their books as possible and then not provide work.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeacherActive.

Interview

Telephone Interview with the Branch Manager after initial assessment by a recruiter based in Birmingham. Positive Feedback give that helped me focus my future applications. Well executed overall with clear and concise instructions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the Sales based role of the task?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TeacherActive (London, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

The first and second stage of the interview were fine and just talking about the job role, your experience etc.
    Very friendly, staff, managers however;
    The final stage was very difficult you do a role play where you are trying to pitch a Decision Maker who is not interested. (DM is the CEO - Rob)
    I have experience in sales an a high performer in my current company, so it was quite strange that I was trying to open him up however was not taking the bait.
    He gave me feedback which my sales trainer at my current company would hang me over if I ever thought to do this, however this might be different industries.
    There was no pitch given either so you're essentially pitching in an industry and expected to have a conversation on which you have no idea on.

After the telephone interview and reading the glassdoor reviews, it's good I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• A decision maker who does not want to speak to you.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

- The interview process was quite intense and very thorough
    - I was surprised to find out it was a 3 stage process but quickly saw how different each aspect was and the value of how much i learned about the company at each stage
    - As i progressed through each stage it was made abundantly clear that the process was selective and they were looking for a good 'match' for TeacherActive and not just someone who would benefit them
    - After each stage i received a friendly call from a lovely lady who asked for my feedback, gave me her opinions and supported me through the process. (She was brilliant)
    - The first 2 stages were more conversational which quickly put me at ease an enabled me to relax and give a true perspective of my personality and lifes goals.
    - The third stage clarified that recruitment is not an easy job, that i would face negativity and challenges but that there would be support and guidance along the way.

At every stage i was asked how much i wanted the role. TeacherActive are thorough, selective and simply looking to create mutually beneficial relationships within their teams.

Interview Questions

• - I was asked, in any of my previous roles, if i had made any large errors or faced adversity. If so... how did i deal with that crisis?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was open and honest about my previous salaries, age and experience level.
    This was taken into account and the proffered Salary was just shy of what i was looking for.
    I was then went on to explain and discuss my living situation, needs and requirements in more detail. The proposed Salary was subsequently increased and achievable boosters put in place.
    Over the moon :)

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

It depends how much you're liked. The managing director would brag often how he could make people cry in an interview. It can be long and they lose a lot of good people because of this.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would deal with a decision maker who says they don't want to speak with you   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

When going through the interview process with TeacherActive, I found them to be very thorough and have a friendly approach.

In my first interview stage, the interviewer came across professional and made me feel welcome from the get go. However, I did find in comparison to other first stage interviews I had been on in the past, I was challenged and made to think on my feet which made the first stage tougher than I initially thought it would be.

After leaving the first stage interview I felt nervously excited as I hadn’t really been challenged before and knew if a company was prepared to question your reasons for joining then it must be worth proceeding.

I found that as I progressed, the more I got a feel for who TeacherActive are and what they represent. It’s obvious they want to make sure they recruit the right people for the team and start preparing them for the hard work ahead from the get go.

Since starting at TeacherActive I fully understand why I was interviewed the way I was i.e. My final interview was over the phone, as I had done face to face sales previously, they wanted to make sure I was able to get my personality across.

I feel the interview process helped me understand the culture of TeacherActive and prepared me well when settling in quickly with the team and culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all focused on assessing my ability to take on the challenge of being an educational recruitment consultant.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Liverpool, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was fine, the lady I spoke with was really nice and I was invited to a formal face to face interview with the manager of the Manchester / liverpool branch. I was made to feel very uncomfortable during this interview , the questions I was being asked weren't relevant to the job role, I was I felt I was trying to be put off the job. Since the interview nearly 2 months ago now, I have not received any feedback what so ever! Would defiantly not recommend!

Interview Questions

• Was asked a lot about my mangers ability rather than my own   Answer Question

TeacherActive Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Managing Director

Hi

Sorry to hear that the interview experience was not a good one. Our interview questions will sometimes feel a little left field and will be really challenging - we need to see that new consultants are able to handle pressure, handle criticism and are able to follow direction really well.

It's really important to TeacherActive that we are not like most other recruiters, employing then letting people go after 5 minutes as they are not properly tested at interview.

If you have not had feedback then it does seem that something has fallen down in the process as typically this is delivered immediately afterwards.

If you would like to discuss this further then please email me directly at feedback@teacheractive.com

Regards

Rob Browett
    Managing Director

Supply Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived promptly and was asked to show proof of my teaching credentials, which were photocopied and handed back to me. I asked various questions about how supply worked which were all answered. I paid a standard DBS fee of £48 in order for them to check that I was okay to work with children.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been teaching?   1 Answer