Tenable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tenable Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.8

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenable.

Interview

Did a brief interview with their recruiter, then was given a second interview with a couple of the current tech support associates. Didn't get any word from the recruiter after the interview nothing about not getting the job and nothing about them still considering me, she also dodge my phone calls and avoided any emails I sent regarding the position after the interview. Horrible way to go about hiring workers and left a bad taste in my mouth about this specific company.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall it was a quick process. One day after I applied, I received an email for a phone interview. Two days later was said phone interview. This was fairly basic. Covered work history, why I was interested in the job, what I'd be doing, etc. Heard back two business days later for a second phone interview. This was strictly technical. Asked questions relevant to the job. Scheduled an in person interview right for the next day. Met with the manager and a senior member of the team. Everyone was really nice. It lasted about an hour; covered a lot of what was asked during the phone interview with some additions. Heard back another two business days later with an offer. All in all, it took two weeks from applying to get hired.

Interview Questions

• Nothing asked was unexpected or incredibly difficult. Everything was incredibly on point with the job description and required knowledge.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable in April 2017.

Interview

After responding to the interview request with possible times, I didn't get a response back until I got a call for the initial phone interview. Apparently the recruiter had forgotten to send me a confirmation email.

The phone interview itself was pretty normal. Details about the company and how the whole interview process will go. The next step of the interview process was to complete an Hackerrank assessment. It gave you 6 days to complete it so no rush. After completing the assessment, I waited to hear back from the company.

10 days after completing the assessment I send a email asking about my current status only to find out that my recruiter somehow did not receive an email from HackerRank when I completed assessment and that the manager for the position had already picked someone for the position.

If you interview here be sure to stay on top of your recruiter because you may lose out if you don't.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbus, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

By far the most inconsiderate and unreasonable coding challenge screen I've seen. The challenge was basically an email saying "make an HTTP API that does X, Y and Z with only Node.js's standard library", which was grossly laconic compared to the considerable amount of time (think about the tests), and they didn't even bother reviewing my submission somebody else submitted it a few days earlier even if the recruiter took 3 days to even send me the coding challenge email.

Interview Questions

• Test-less coding challenge to create an HTTP API with Node.js without any library.   Answer Question

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was VERY HAPPY with the service that I was given by the company, especially with Bethany Perlman, who was very helpful and accomodating through each stage of the interview process. The interview process moved quickly as well. After I applied, I got an email within two days to schedule a phone interview with her. After that, I had a online coding test through hackerrank to complete. Within two days of that I received an invite to a google hangout interview with two members of the team. That happened the following Tuesday and it seemed to go well and was a really awesome experience. I received a rejection email two days after the google hangout interview but was extremely happy with the recruitment process at tenable and really learned a lot!

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, merge them -> so that "abc" and "def" becomes "adbecf" for example"   1 Answer
    • Given an array of n integers, sort the array in ascending order based on the occurence count of the integers. If two or more numbers have the same occurrence count, sort in ascending order by the number.   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Interview

I was very disappointed that the recruiter scheduled a meeting time but then canceled last minute. She then rescheduled for another day in the week and did call or cancel the meeting. That is very unprofessional for a recruiter for an organization such as Tenable.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for the next steps a few days later. First phone screen was with a recruiter. Next was an in-person interview at their HQ. I was interviewed by 2 designers and 1 front-end engineer. Most of these questions were about your background and your interest in the company. Got a call with an offer by the same recruiter a few days later. My interviewers very nice and passionate about their positions and the company. Communication was very transparent between my recruiter and I. I think this is a positive reflection on the company. Overall, I had an awesome experience.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

After filling out the online application, I then moved forward to the phone interview part of the process... I had a great phone interview, and emailed the recruiter after thanking her for her time. She told me I would continue in the process, and I would hear back either that Friday or the following Monday. It has been over a month, and I have reached out professionally 5 times, and I am still being ignored. If I was not chosen to move forward in the process, then please let me know.. don't continue to ignore me, it is rude and unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult person in business before?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process moved rather quickly! I responded to a request on LinkedIn, and after a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager in the first week and a face-to-face interview with the department's VP in the second week, I started the following Monday. The interview questions contained a combination of basic questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Tenable?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because the up front offer was very satisfactory.

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

I followed Tenable Network Security's job postings on Indeed. When I saw the HR Specialist position, I submitted my resume for consideration. I interviewed in person with two people in the HR Department and was very excited about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What is a strength that you could bring to the company?   Answer Question