Tenable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Tenable

2.8

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in January 2020.

Interview

I had the worst experience with interviewing with Tenable. I applied and it took about a week for a recruiter to get in touch to schedule an interview for the next week. The recruiter screen went well and the recruiter told me they’d put me in touch with the Hiring Manager via video chat. That took one week for scheduling and another to actually complete the interview. The HM was very nice and told me she would love for me to come in to meet the team after the holidays. And so after about three weeks the recruiter scheduled an in person for me to meet with a few key people on-site. These interviews went well and the HM literally all but gave me an offer letter. She told me I was the top candidate but they wanted her to keep looking at a few other resumes but she was sold on me. I didn’t hear back for a week and that was only because I reached out to the recruiter who told me they were waiting for feedback from the team. I followed up again the next week and was ghosted by the recruiter. About a month later, a different external recruiter reached out for the same opportunity to me on LinkedIn, to which I did not respond. A few days later, this same recruiter seemed to have Googled my work email from LinkedIn and emailed me at my current job to follow up to his message to which I responded that I had already been through the process with the team and was no longer interested. Fast forward to about a month, and they have reposted the job yet AGAIN. The job has been posted for about four months and I truly think they are super disorganized and confused about hiring. Very slow and waste of time. Would not work here!

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Tenable (Herndon, VA) in October 2019.

Interview

Submitted application and received a call for an interview with recruiter. That interview went well and I was invited to interview with the hiring manager. On the day of the interview, it was canceled. They said they wanted to reschedule but then went dark on me. If you no longer are interested, just let me know! No hard feelings. But it made me think that perhaps this team had problems being transparent?

Director of Field Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tenable (New York, NY) in October 2019.

Interview

A total of 7 or 8 interviews over 3 weeks and then crickets - absolutely no feedback or results provided (I assume I didn't get the position). None of the interviews were particularly difficult - most of the interviews were zoom meetings.

Interview Questions

• Explain what type of marketing attribution you think is most effective   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in June 2019.

Interview

The Corporate Recruiter Jonna Faulise was very helpful throughout the whole process which ultimately took about 3 weeks total from interview to hire. I interviewed with four sales managers who all have impressive backgrounds and tenure within the IT space and they provided a great explanation of what the job would entail and if it would be a match for what I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from somebody else looking for the same position?   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable.

Interview

Applied on their website, contacted by recruiter. Recruiter went over basic information and asked me questions about my resume. At the end of the recruiter call they gave a very basic tech "quiz". Once finished they gave some info on what to study if I went farther in the process. Set up phone interview with one of the managers. Manager phone interview was approximately an hour and all technical.

Interview Questions

• Linux - what command to see how much used disk space.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable in March 2019.

Interview

First interview was over the phone, and it was one to two question. Beyond that it was just about talking about the company and what it does. In the second interview revolved around talking about your experience.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in November 2018.

Interview

It was a very friendly environment. They gave me enough time to brush up on my skills before the second round. The questionnaire was pretty thorough. Very professional people. Although I did great on the interview someone else got it maybe with a slight margin. But still, I was happy with their whole process. They help you in each step.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable.

Interview

If you would like to work for a security company that asks questions of the senior candidates like: detect if there is a custom TCP/IP implementation running, how would you go about nmap spoofing, discuss some IDS evasion techniques… Tenable is NOT the place to apply. These types of subjects were not broached.

Rather we had binary tree balancing and array traversal questions, the likes of which I had last dealt with as an undergrad 20 years ago... and haven't had to revisit since. Clearly, they are just looking for monkeys to squirt out code and not practitioners or SME's.

They used the Hackerrank service, which was a bit awkward but not too bad.

Also, this process took way too long, but by the time it ended I had received another offer... but I didn't get an offer anyway so YMMV.

I would say the interview was easy but I did completely blank on the binary tree silliness so I will call it average.

Interview Questions

• Hackerrank: Count duplicate values in an array. (C)   1 Answer
    • Hackerrank: Count number of pairs in an array that add up to a multiple of 60. (C)   1 Answer
    • Sort file names in a file into separate files based on extension (bash).   Answer Question

Software Engineer - PHP Interview

Interview

I applied for this position in May 2018 and received an invitation for a phone interview within 10 days. The recruiter asked for a few dates and time and the call was scheduled. However, I didn't receive any call on the scheduled day. I sent an email to reschedule the call. However, the recruiter disappeared completely and didn't respond back even after sending a couple emails, which I feel is very unprofessional. I don't want to share the recruiter's name as it may spoil their reputation.

PS - A request to any/all recruiters who might see this review. Please DO NOT do like this ever to any candidate. Besides being unprofessional, this actually puts down a candidate and wastes their time. An email is all that it takes for you to inform the candidate that you wouldn't be able to conduct the interview at the scheduled time, for whatever reason it might be. Please be considerate towards the candidates.

Interview Questions

• No questions, other than scheduling the phone interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tenable in September 2018.

Interview

Received a quick response to an online application, which was encouraging. First a phone interview, then an interview with the hiring manager. Further interviews with the co-founder and several would-be peers had positive feedback, but it was budget season and no offer could be made until that was complete. After 6 weeks, received a call that they decided not to move forward.