Tenable Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was VERY HAPPY with the service that I was given by the company, especially with Bethany Perlman, who was very helpful and accomodating through each stage of the interview process. The interview process moved quickly as well. After I applied, I got an email within two days to schedule a phone interview with her. After that, I had a online coding test through hackerrank to complete. Within two days of that I received an invite to a google hangout interview with two members of the team. That happened the following Tuesday and it seemed to go well and was a really awesome experience. I received a rejection email two days after the google hangout interview but was extremely happy with the recruitment process at tenable and really learned a lot!

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, merge them -> so that "abc" and "def" becomes "adbecf" for example"   3 Answers
    • Given an array of n integers, sort the array in ascending order based on the occurence count of the integers. If two or more numbers have the same occurrence count, sort in ascending order by the number.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process went very well with very intelligent individuals.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable.

Interview

Applied on their website, spoke with internal recruiter on phone and completed take-home technical questions. Then another phone interview with the manager covering my resume and experience. A few behavioral questions related directly to the position duties. After a couple days the manager called back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were pulled straight from the position duties and slightly simplified.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter, I was told to expect an offline code assessment to complete. I waited a couple of days without receiving anything so I followed up with the recruiter and was promptly sent the assessment. I completed it and sent it back two business days later. A week past without hearing anything back from the recruiter. I followed up with the recruiter again, waited another week, and still have not heard anything back. Either recruiting here is very disorganized or finds it acceptable to ignore a rejected candidate that spent his/her time completing a rather lengthy code assessment instead than sending a simple "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Interview Questions

• Write a C function to convert a String to an Integer.
      If String is null, return 0. Otherwise, if the string is "779987A" it should return 779987 i.e.
      it should ignore the non-numeric characters and return the int representation of the numeric characters
      within the string.   1 Answer
    • Write a block of C code to read a null terminated buffer that contains a series of records. The format of the records is:
      Record Type (16 bits)
      Record Length (32 bits)
      Record Data

The record values are stored in the file in network byte order. For each record, the C code should print the actual
      (human readable) value of the type & length fields as integers and each data byte as a hex value.   1 Answer
    • What would be the best way to handle data received on multiple sockets (> 1000) at the same time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tenable (Baltimore, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for the job through a job board that redirected. Contacted by a recruiter who did a basic phone screen before passing me to two members of the team for another phone screen. Neither of these was technical in any way, just a discussion of the job and some details about it. They sent me a skills test which was extraordinarily easy for the pay ranges cited on Glassdoor, and it was more tedious than difficult. I did that over the weekend, got back to the recruiter, who said the team lead would look it over in a few days. By the end of that week I had an offer and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was nice, seemed knowledgeable, and was thorough. But then never contacted back on whether they were still interested, when I contacted them back several weeks later they said they had just lost track and asked if I was still interested.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in January 2014.

Interview

You start by submitting a resume for one of their openings. They check your resume against that opening and other appropriate openings. A recruiter schedules a call with you to get some basic information. Then they send you a basic test for the skills required for the job. It's less about right and wrong and more about how you approach the questions. If you pass that, a call with the manager for the position is scheduled, where they will ask more specific questions. After that, they decide whether or not to hire you.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I handle difficult issues that seem like a brick wall.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

HR phone interview request -> receive email to make schedule > phone interview
    -> decision whether tech interview or not

It takes about 2 week to get e-mail after I applied.
    1 week later after HR interview, I got email back.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite class and what did you learn in the class.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tenable in July 2018.

Interview

The interviewer at Tenable had sent me a link for a Zoom interview. I joined the session several minutes after it began due to a prior interview ending several minutes late, but found the chat room to be empty. After trying to call him and email the recruiter and the individual I was meant to speak with, I eventually sent a LinkedIn message to the individual I was meant to talk to, and I was told that there would be no interview for me.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable (Columbia, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Decent process. Started with a hone interview with Recruiter (Bethany) and then followed by technical assessments, phone interviews and group interview. Every step of the way was well communicated. No surprises.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tenable in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring process with Tenable was excellent. Everyone I spoke with was extremely professional and the coding assessments were relevant, void of purely academic questions. The interviews were similar, focusing more on coding style and philosophy, rather than specific techniques or methodologies. Everything was very concise and meaningful, with little to no time wasted.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a situation where I thought something should be done differently.   Answer Question