The Brick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Brick Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2017

1.7

CSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Brick (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very easy, regular interview. Introduce yourself, and ask whether you will be available for their time-window. Also asked why you are interested in the job. The interview is about 30 mins. Required two photo IDs for back check once you are selected.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langford, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brick (Langford, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Assistant GM did interview... nice guy ... casual and relaxed ... gave impression that they are desperate for good sales staff . Phoned in and set up interview myself. Hired on spot. Explained training program as modules and shadowing for three months.
    Said that during the probation period of THREE months , there would 20% deducted OFF commission earnings for training. Commission pay is 3% of sales or minimum wage ... which ever is greater.

Interview Questions

• Not really a question but was told at the interview that they deduct 20% from your commission earnings during the first three months for training.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brick (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied at one location for sales and got hired at another location by the store manager for customer service. In my case there wasn't much of an interview which was easy but also striked me as odd. He hired me after looking over my resume and noted that I look strong. I agreed I was strong and he explained I would have to accept the truck and assemble furniture, lift boxes when needed.

Interview Questions

• "You look strong, are you strong?"   2 Answers

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brick (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

The overall interview is quite normal. The store manager and sales manager both during the interview.it takes about 20-30 minutes. They asked some about what skills do I have to handle this job, and my previous working history. And they also introduce their salary plan, which is the full commission, no hourly wages. And also the environment of workplace.....At the end, they require processing a back check and then they copied my two pieces of ID.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Brick (Regina, SK (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Very fast. Walked in interviewed and in about 2 days I got the results. I was asked a couple of general questions. tell me about you self, how wold you handle an upset customer etc

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Brick (Huntsville, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Pre-interview, only spoke on the phone... The Brick advertised much room for advancement within the company. When I spoke to the woman on the phone she said "I see you are a manager" are you hoping to become a manager here? Because that's only for the "big" stores. Then I was told the job probably was not for me.

Interview Questions

• Are you hoping to become manager? (because I have much manager experience on my resume)   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grande Prairie, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brick (Grande Prairie, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

There wasn't one. I was known in the community as an excellent member to have on a sales team, so I got by default. Walked in after a major Canadian electronics retailer closed its doors on all of its staff. Got job same day with no effort or screening.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Brick (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy and straightforward , it started with filling the an application and asking few questions about your education , experience in customer service and how to deal with customer asking about their goods and how to respond to them efficiently.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if a customer came and asked about his refrigerator   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Brick (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Over all I think I applied about 4 or 5 times before I finally got a phone call, I went in and met with the store manager and sales manager, after my interview they thought I would be better suited for Customer Service to guarantee an hourly wage so I would be guaranteed to make money no matter what, after my interview with the manager and sales manager I went in for another interview with the customer service manager, after my interview I was told there were no current openings however as soon as a position opened up I would be the first person they called. a month went by and I got a call from the brick with a job offer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Brick (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The manager who interviewed me, was not dressed like a manager should have been. Very sloppy presentation and careless person. The hole time I was filling out the paper work the manager had left to go and chat with his staff. All the while I'm sitting there with a contract and lots of questions and no one to answer them. I took the job in spite of eve thing cause I needed a job.

Interview Questions

• Do I see a future with The Brick.   1 Answer