The Brick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Brick Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2018

1.7

Outreach Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Brick (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in September 2009.

Interview

I initially emailed the company and received a phone call approximately a week later, informing me that I had been shortlisted for an interview and I was asked to pick a day to come in and speak to the hiring manager. I had one interview, and I was 1 of 5 candidates. It was a very laid back environment and I was the second choice, but they chose to go with an internal hire instead.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you work better with a group or alone?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Brick.

Interview

Job fair. They hire in bunches and the interviews are generally quick. Different managers and supervisors will be doing the interviews so they are generally never the same. They want to know your experience but are more concerned about you having a level head. Security/background checks are a must. Be friendly and sell a hard work ethic. Its a fast paced place, you have to keep up.

Interview Questions

• They will ask personal questions to get to know you. Family etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Brick (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position online, and received a phone call to schedule an interview a few days after. My initial interview was by one of the senior customer service representatives, and they asked me simple questions like why I wanted to work there, biggest strength/weakness. I was then selected for the next interview with the operations manager, where they asked very similar questions. They also asked whether I wanted to work in sales or as a merchandiser.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since it was my first job, I couldn't negotiate a higher wage, but any related experience should warrant higher pay.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brick (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Went very smooth, all I had to do was come in with a filled out application which had my available hours on it. From there I talked to the store manager, and he led me to customer service. From there i had a short chat, and then that was it. Very smooth, very easy, and very casual (didn't have to dress up)

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Brick (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Sat down and answered basic questions for warehouse duties. Chatted about brick culture and current staff in place for all departments in store. Went over rules of the job and commitment needed for
    Job.

Interview Questions

• Can you work weekends?
      Can you Lift up heavy furniture?
      Work as a team and individually?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Brick (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Review of resume, very standard. Interview process does not take very long. They go over in detail what the job description truly is. Looking for people with a lot of experience and a thick skin

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Brick in September 2008.

Interview

Personally i went to store and applied for job, i knew it is fully commissioned job.
    I had previous experience with futureshop about fully commission job.
    First Interview was with Sales Manager at the store location about 20 min.
    Asked me about my previous experience and checked my sales skills during interview process.
    Then they called me for 2nd interview with store manager..i think that was just formality. and same day they did hiring process. and told me join training programme after a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it is fully commission based job.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brick in July 2010.

Interview

its very fast and straight forward..............................................................................................................

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

It was an easy and very casual interview. It had no structure. The hiring manager wanted a quick yes or no answer. Just be confident no special preparation is required to face this job interview. This probably because you work on pure commission basis with no base wage assured.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview was simple, was asked the basic questions that you are asked at any interview. Was asked if had any previous sales experience, I did not. Training lasts two weeks and is heavily based on product knowledge. The rest is learning how to use the Point of Sales system on the computer.