The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Topanga, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Topanga, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later. I was scheduled an interview for the following week. The day of the interview, I got a complimentary drink, sat down at a table in the mall with the manager and we clicked right away. I dressed casual for this interview. It was a friendly and nice 20 minute interview, talked about my experience with customer service and retail (foot traffic in the mall and holiday season), etc. Be yourself and confident! I was offered the job right after.

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Walk in and they offer you a free coffee, I didn't take it. Had to wait for the manager to handle another customer until my interview finally started outside. Pretty simple questions. The interview was on a Friday and said that he would make his decision by Monday because of other interviews he had.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Honolulu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied more than 2 weeks ago and they finally gave me a call to set up an interview. Few days later my interview was at 2 and I came early. They offered me a drink and the manager sat me down. He said my resume didn't transfer over to his location. Kept saying when you work you have to do this or that. Seemed like I got the job. He said he will talk to the incoming manager and will call later. A few days later he called saying if I am still interested I got the job. I said yeah and he said to stop by and pick up the paperwork. Overall good experience. Came at 1:52 and left at 1:58. Was quick.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Interview

Applied online, called by the manager a few weeks later and went in for an interview. They offered me a drink, I took it. Basic questions, but a lot of them. I've worked there for a few weeks now and there's a lot to learn, but everyone I work with is really nice.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. You have to take two test. One that helps figure out your personality and the other that is more of an IQ test. Was called to schedule and interview same day that I applied. Scheduled my interview for a few days later. Interview was very easy. Basically just asked about my prior work experience and random questions to try and figure out my personality and if I'd be a good match for the team.

I was pretty much offered the job on the spot. But the process took about a month to complete. Apparently everything goes through corporate and it takes them a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve any conflicts/problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked how much I expected and what I was currently making. I was able to get an increase in pay from my now previous job.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview about a week later. I came a bit early and the Manager was busy. The Shift Supervisor offered me a drink. I chose the blueberry-pomergranate ice-blended. He later asked me to describe the drink I chose. Since the Manager was still busy after 10 minutes I had a one on one interview with the Shift Supervisor. We talked about me and then he asked me about my availability. He told me they were short staffed, especially morning hours. It went as expected. The interview lasted about 10-15 minutes. I was told I'd get a call later the same day or the next.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      Tell us about your experience.
      How long are you here for?
      What are three qualities to describe you?
      What negative quality do you have or something you need to work on?
      How well do you work in a team?
      How would you define teamwork and give me an example of teamwork in your previous experience?
      Are you competitive?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Riverside, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview felt pretty casual and couldn't have taken more than between 15-20 minutes. They offer you a complimentary drink once you let them know you're there for an interview. Most of the questions I was asked seemed to try to gauge your personality to see if you'd be a fit for the company. They seemed kind of random and outlandish, but your answers serve to give the potential employer an idea of what you're like. Overall, didn't seem like a very stressful interviewing process as it was rather laid back. As for hiring, they made a decision over the weekend. However, I didn't hear back from them the day they specified their decision would be made, so I called them two days after to follow-up. Unfortunately, they had gone forward with some other team members. But, if you don't hear back from them, I would recommend following up to find out the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What store would you shop at, if given a shopping spree, and why?

Name someone you admire whom you trust would be honest with you?

The job calls for repetitive tasks, how would you keep from it feeling monotonous?

What are your interests?

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview was took place in a comfortable environment away from customers and other baristas. The manager who interviewed me was very relaxed and made the process easy and even enjoyable. The entire process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q1: Why the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf?

Q2: Do you have any previous coffee or tea experience? If not, what do you think this business entails?

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montrose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Montrose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website and uploaded my cover sheet and resume. After three weeks I called them and asked whether they received my application and they called me in for an interview. They offer you a free drink while you wait, just accept it. The only reason they didn't end up offering me a job was because I was in high school and he specifically said, "I had a direction," and because training was an investment, he wouldn't want me to work for such a short time. Otherwise it was a pretty pleasant experience, but I wish they had just looked at the availability I had submitted online before calling me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are three qualities not related to your work ethic used to describe you?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What's your previous work experience?
      What's your availability?

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Costa Mesa, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the general manager the next day. when I went in for my interview, I was offered a free drink. the associates and the manager were all very friendly, and the interview was very easy and laid back. she asked me typical interview questions related to my experience and how I handle customers and stress. the entire interview lasted about 5 minutes or less and at the end I was immediately hired and given steps to take to fill out my paperwork and finish up my information online. they were definitely very nice and organized