The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a call for an interview just a few days later. Interview process was very smooth, easy, and comfortable. Met with the manager - Interview lasted for about 15 minutes. Given the opportunity, and instructions following up on the interview. Be yourself, be honest, dress business casual if possible - nothing too formal!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a call about a week and a half later to come in for an in-person interview for the following week.

They offer you a drink while you wait for the manager to come out. The interview lasted only about 10 minutes. It was really informal and just wanted to gauge why I wanted to work there and what the hours were going to be like.

Barista Interview

Interview

Be prepared, dress semi-formal, only take 5 minutes interview, ask why you interested working at at this store, how often you drink coffee, would like to be part-time or full-time, do you like to communicate with people,.

Interview Questions

• How many times do you drink coffee per week?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Topanga, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Topanga, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a few days later. I was scheduled an interview for the following week. The day of the interview, I got a complimentary drink, sat down at a table in the mall with the manager and we clicked right away. I dressed casual for this interview. It was a friendly and nice 20 minute interview, talked about my experience with customer service and retail (foot traffic in the mall and holiday season), etc. Be yourself and confident! I was offered the job right after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Woodland Hills, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Walk in and they offer you a free coffee, I didn't take it. Had to wait for the manager to handle another customer until my interview finally started outside. Pretty simple questions. The interview was on a Friday and said that he would make his decision by Monday because of other interviews he had.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Riverside, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Arrived at set time, Manager asked me to wait at a table to interview, took less than 15 minutes, told me i had the job on the spot. after that it was a 2 week process

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have? Are you a current student?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Honolulu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied more than 2 weeks ago and they finally gave me a call to set up an interview. Few days later my interview was at 2 and I came early. They offered me a drink and the manager sat me down. He said my resume didn't transfer over to his location. Kept saying when you work you have to do this or that. Seemed like I got the job. He said he will talk to the incoming manager and will call later. A few days later he called saying if I am still interested I got the job. I said yeah and he said to stop by and pick up the paperwork. Overall good experience. Came at 1:52 and left at 1:58. Was quick.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Honolulu, HI) in October 2016.

Interview

Saw ad on craigslist. Was directed to an online coffee bean job application. Filled out an application online, was called back the day after for an interview and was hired on the spot.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.

Interview

Applied online, called by the manager a few weeks later and went in for an interview. They offered me a drink, I took it. Basic questions, but a lot of them. I've worked there for a few weeks now and there's a lot to learn, but everyone I work with is really nice.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. You have to take two test. One that helps figure out your personality and the other that is more of an IQ test. Was called to schedule and interview same day that I applied. Scheduled my interview for a few days later. Interview was very easy. Basically just asked about my prior work experience and random questions to try and figure out my personality and if I'd be a good match for the team.

I was pretty much offered the job on the spot. But the process took about a month to complete. Apparently everything goes through corporate and it takes them a while.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve any conflicts/problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked how much I expected and what I was currently making. I was able to get an increase in pay from my now previous job.