The Container Store Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 27, 2018

2.5

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Container Store.

Interview

Submit Resume online. Recruiting store manager calls to schedule personal interview. It could likely be a small group of two or three candidates. If things go well, you will be called back for a one-on-one interview, followed by an offer.

Interview Questions

• Based on what you've read on our website about our Foundation Principles, how would you approach a customer in the store?   1 Answer

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Container Store (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied to The Container Store over a month ago, after getting a referral from a current employee. I got invited to a group interview about two to three weeks after applying for a store position. The group interview was very upbeat and casual, as it involved discussing about the quality of the products and services that the company has to offer. I recently got invited for a 1-on-1 interview.

Negotiation

Looking forward to negotiation

Lead Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Container Store.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone. I felt a little uncomfortable with this phone interview. She kept asking me the same questions over and over. Felt pressured to answer the way she wanted me to. It was strange.

Interview Questions

• Would I consider taking a part time position and do my other job on the side?   1 Answer

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Container Store (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was friendly and asked relevant questions related to position. Recruiter attempted to explain key focus areas for the position, but job direction, fit in the company, and key attributes sought in candidates appeared to be unclear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Container Store (Tukwila, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really easy. I was asked basic questions and then afterwards was to fill out an hourly application so they know what hours your able to work.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Container Store (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Got called in for a group interview within two hours of submitting my application online because I got recruited. The group interview was to take place about 2-3 days after the initial phone invitation on a weekend. Group interview was about 2.5 hrs long. Watched about 3 short videos on some of the companies core values and was asked questions regarding the videos after each one. Very casual, fun, enjoyable, and stress-free interview environment. Was called the following Monday with an offer to work for TCS. I was supposed to have another interview (1 on 1) but the manager I was supposed to see had to last min cancel.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Container Store (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The group interview was a very informative session with other people who have applied to the same position. There was no sense of competitiveness everyone was all around just being themselves and just answering the questions as comfortably as possible. Watched a few videos on the companies principles and learned a lot of information about the store regarding how they treat their employees and customers. Overall easy going interview just go in there and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about the store and why would you want to work for them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Container Store (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Began with a 15 minute phone conversation where the screened me by discussing my past work experiences and why I wanted to work at The Conatiner Store. This conversation finished with the manager describing the position to me in detail and verifying my desire to continue in the process for the position. Next, we scheduled a face-to-face interview at the store planned for 30-60 minute chat. The manager asked me to review the company's 7 foundational principles on the company website and to be prepared to share my thoughts on them. I watched all 7 short 2-minute videos about each principle and we discussed them at the meeting. The manager focused a lot of time on what makes The Container Store such a special place to work and how the principles show-through in all they do. Lastly we discussed the next steps in my formal job offer and scheduling preferences.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Container Store (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. After the initial phone interview, the in person interview took place on the sales floor. The interviewer was pleasant and explained the store mission statement and gave an overall example of what it would be like working there, then followed up with asking me about my past experiences and what drew me to this company.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work flexible hours, including 5am in the mornings and 9:30 at nights.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Container Store (Chicago, IL) in March 2018.

Interview

the general manager gave me a very thorough and pleasant phone interview. she explained company expectations along with employee responsibilities. conversation lasted 30 minutes. an in person interview is scheduled within the next week!

Interview Questions

• why do I want to work for their company?   1 Answer

Visual Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Container Store (Chicago, IL) in April 2013.

Interview

Basic group interview of 10 applicants. Called back for a one on one a week later. Final small group interview of 5 applicants a week after that. Notified of hire two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your favorite product sold by the Container Store. How flexible are you to working weekends and nights? What's the biggest organizational issue in your home?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.