The Peninsula Hotels Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Peninsula Hotels

1. Featured Interview

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Peninsula Hotels (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

To begin, a paper application with resume was filled out at the HR office. This was followed by three face to face interviews with various managers within the company, who all had different questions and perspectives to offer, which was very insightful. A tasting was followed by a drug screen and background test.

Interview Questions

• What was the last cuisine related article you read that impacted you?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at The Peninsula Hotels (Beverly Hills, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional upbeat and welcoming.
    Was obvious they were looking for a specific type of individual with experience and personal presentation skills.
    Was never at any time made to feel intimidated for diminished. Was allowed ample time to express what I had to offer.
    Excellent learning experience overall as to what I might do the next time.
    Anyone looking For employment at the peninsula Beverly Hills should bone up on the details of their past experience and express that in as few words possible in the InterviewInterview.

Interview Questions

• How was your experience in your last job   1 Answer
    • What wine would you serve with a steak   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Interview

Very difficult process met with potential boss and other department heads along with multiple writing tests. Only to be left hanging and waiting for a hiring decision. Very long process even after I was told they wanted to hire someone immediately.

Assistant SPA Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Peninsula Hotels in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, was asked to come down for a face to face interview. The interview was interrupted several times, she left the room a few times, and I never got to see the actual spa. The whole thing was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you are in the restroom of a nice hotel lobby, and you are presented with two rolls of toilet paper in your stall, which one do you choose?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Peninsula Hotels.

Interview

Very involved process. first you interview with hr then with the department head or direct supervisor. Then you go in for a few his to shadow the job you are applying for. This part is much bigget than you realize. Everyone is judging you. They seen laid bach but they really want to know if you fit in with the team and if you can handle the pressure. Finally you si a panel interview with the entire executive team.

Interview Questions

• They will always ask what you know about the peninsula.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

SPA Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Peninsula Hotels (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

One on one with the manager of the department. Very specific questions to previous employment history, asked also why would I be a better candidate then anyone else. What are my expectations

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Peninsula Hotels (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

I have been interviewed by the Director of Human Resources and did not feel respected, listened neither valued for my experience, skills and capacity to handle the job.

The interview was agreed to be conducted in English but finally was fully conducted in Japanese, which gave me limited/fewer chances to compete for the position, which was opened for foreigners (with clear guidelines on the job description stating that Japanese language skills were not required). I felt clearly discriminated (more details available upon request) and write this review as well to make future foreign candidates aware of this point.

The interview process was not clear and not organized around a relevant framework, which gave me the impression that the recruiter was unskilled for interviewing and testing executives.

The only positive point is that this helped me taking the right decision: I do not want to work there with a pretending HR leader giving me this kind of impression.

Interview Questions

• The difficult part of this interview? There was no guidance and structure ..   Answer Question