The Shade Store Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The Shade Store

3.2

Sort:

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Shade Store in November 2016.

Interview

The person I interviewed with was extremely cold and rude. The interviewer barely asked me about my experience and instead kept asking me about college and what I wanted after I graduated. I graduated 4 years ago and have been working management positions since then. Why the interviewer kept asking me about college I am unsure.

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Detailed, professional interview process. 3-step process: phone, Skype and in-person. This included HR and direct supervisor interviews. Be prepared to provide 5 professional references and complete a competency test. It is important that you are articulate and prepared for all interviews.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store.

Interview

Great interview, fantastic people. Very straightforward, nothing unexpected. Your standard interview! The interview began with standard questions that made the company culture clear. It is a great place to work, with great people and the interview and their interview style reflected that.

Interview Questions

• What is it about you that makes you our ideal candidate   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Port Chester, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with HR, Crystal was lovely to speak with. About a week later I had an in person interview with both the VP and the head of the m&i department. Most of my co-workers also had interviews with one of the CEOs, but I did not. After that HR asked for my references. I got the offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you liked about your previous boss and one thing they could improve upon?   1 Answer

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Port Chester, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

A very positive experience overall. The process took awhile since it was started right before the holidays. I imagine it would have been faster in a different season. The entire process was structured, straightforward and very thorough. They were very clear in what they were looking for in a candidate and the steps I needed to go through to be considered for the position. There was one phone interview and then 2 in person interviews. Several members of various teams took the time to interview me to make sure it was a great fit. Everyone seemed friendly and invested in the company. The majority of my references were checked. Expect an in-depth process and come prepared.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Shade Store.

Interview

1. Started with a quick phone screening
    2. Next was an in-depth Skype interview
    3. There was an in-person interview with the national showroom manager
    4. They asked that I complete a 90 minute skills assessment online (without using a calculator)
    5. They next checked my references
    6. Concluding with a phone call letting me know of their final decision

Interview Questions

• - Why do you like design
      - Are you open to working weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
      - 3 things you bring to the company/position   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Lengthy, but thorough. You can tell they want to hire the right person for the job. I feel that is a benefit to both the company and it's employees. We aren't finished with the job interview, moving forward with the next step.

Interview Questions

• What skills would I bring to the team.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store.

Interview

I applied through Indeed and heard back within a week. First, I was interviewed over the phone. There were questions regarding my past jobs/education, and how my experience would be useful in the role for which I was applying.

Then, after a few days, I was invited to meet in person with my would-be manager. We essentially discussed my resume, the company's current state, and the company's future. After we chatted, I met briefly with each of my future coworkers.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Port Chester, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process never happened. I was sent an E- mail to interview. When we finally set a date for a telephone interview, I waited for the call & checked my e-mail to be sure I had the correct time. It was then I discovered I had been sent an e- mail 30 minutes before our scheduled time asking to reschedule. I agreed the following day at the same time would work for me. The following day I waited & waited - no call. I e- mailed HR the next day only to hear HR had been called into a meeting. I was asked once again if I wanted to reschedule, like a fool I said yes & never heard back again. I guess they did me a favor.

The Shade Store Response

Nov 21, 2017 – Recruiter

We appreciate your feedback. The candidate experience is very important to us. We apologize for any miscommunication and encourage you to contact the recruiter or email us at... More

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Port Chester, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. It started with a phone interview which then led to an in person interview with two different people. And a third round interview with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• In what way have I gone above and beyond in my past jobs?   1 Answer

Negotiation

An offer was made and I countered. We agreed to meet in the middle.