The Shade Store Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Shade Store Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Charlotte, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the very next day was contacted via email by HR to set up a video interview. I replied with a couple of options and am waiting to hear back now. Really excited!!!

Interview Questions

• I'm ready to share how I can grow the business and be a resource to both consumers and designers.   1 Answer

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store.

Interview

I did not like this interview. I had a phone interview and the questions were very ambiguous - i had trouble figuring out exactly what she was asking. Thats a sign of trouble for me. If they cant question you directly about experience and qualifications they know you already have then what's the point?

Interview Questions

• How would you simplify the thousands of products for a customer if they walked in and was confused   1 Answer

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Shade Store.

Interview

I was contacted within a day of submitting my resume. Interview conducted over the phone. Average interview questions.
    The location I was interested in wasn't hiring. I was told there was a position open in another store (almost an hour away). Interviewer suggested I visit that location to experience the store dynamic and see if I would consider it. At the end of the interview, she told me she would email me her contact info so I can give her my feedback or reach out with any additional questions.
    No info was ever sent to me. I followed up with the person who set up the interview several days later. I had asked to let the interviewer know I had feedback and additional questions for her. Was told my questions would be forwarded to her. Still no response. Reached out one last time - and still no response.
    Two and a half week later, I received a rejection email.
    I've been in retail management for over 20 years. I've conducted my fair share of interviews. I understand if a candidate isn't a good fit. However, I would never ever tell a candidate I had no interest in hiring to take time out to visit another location, ask for feedback, or give them the impression that they're seriously being considered for a position. This was extremely disrespectful.

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Shade Store.

Interview

The recruiter sent a flattering email of interest, and scheduled a Skype interview with another HR rep. My initial interview was cancelled and rescheduled.

The interview from beginning to end was awkward and poorly managed. All the questions were standard background, however there was no elaboration on qualifications. The interviewer seemed annoyed and uninterested. Since it was a Skype interview I could see she was visually frowning. She allowed me to ask questions and after each one asked if I had anymore. There was no conversation. Just question and answer. She was very robotic. She then cut the interview short after 10 mins, and told me they would let me know either way. I didn't have a good feeling.

I revived an automated message from a generated system and was informed that they would not be moving me forward in the hiring process. It was extremely informal, and honestly insulting. I feel lucky they did not waste anymore of my time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Lake Mary, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a Skype interview. Said they were really looking for someone with excellent customer service skills. That is all I ever did with every job I have ever had. Guess I didn't answer the questions properly?? Didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• All customer service based. What would you do?
      What attracted you to this position?   Answer Question
    • What attracted you to The Shade Store?   Answer Question

Design Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store in January 2017.

Interview

Began with an hour+ skype/phone interview with HR and then had an online assessment which took nearly 2 hours to complete. About a week later I received a No-Thank you email. ??? I requested some feedback, as I felt I was very well qualified for the position and felt the interview process went well. I have not heard back and really would have appreciated some feedback after I had invested quite a bit of time in the process.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite brands/lines currently on the market in this category?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Detailed, professional interview process. 3-step process: phone, Skype and in-person. This included HR and direct supervisor interviews. Be prepared to provide 5 professional references and complete a competency test. It is important that you are articulate and prepared for all interviews.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Shade Store in November 2016.

Interview

The person I interviewed with was extremely cold and rude. The interviewer barely asked me about my experience and instead kept asking me about college and what I wanted after I graduated. I graduated 4 years ago and have been working management positions since then. Why the interviewer kept asking me about college I am unsure.

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Port Chester, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Thorough, friendly, efficient, professional. Very indicative of the culture of the company so there were no surprises when I started my job. Each interview made me want the position more.

Interview Questions

• Significant focus on Customer Service   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Port Chester, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Their interview process is extremely thorough! I was impressed with their carefully planned and methodical vetting process, it made me feel confident I'd be working with like minded colleagues and a company that holds integrity in high regard.

Interview Questions

• What is your five year plan?   1 Answer