The Shade Store Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at The Shade Store

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Shade Store

Found 51 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (United States)

Interview

The interview process was fairly typical, although I had to interview first via phone with a recruiter. I did have to do a lengthy "quiz" of how I would respond to customers in certain situations. I'm not a natural salesperson, and although the position was technically for designer, sales was a huge part of the job.

Interview Questions
  • Would you be comfortable calling people you know in the industry and promoting The Shade Store?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (United States)

Interview

Excruciating. Typical questions: Why you? What will you contribute? Why us? Where will you be in 5 years? Makes you take skills test, meet and greet at showroom, interview at headquarters with 5 people coming in separately asking you the same questions!

Interview Questions
  • Why are you leaving your current job?
  • What would you do in a diffecult situation?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (New York, NY)

Interview

I had a lovely phone conversation with HR to begin the interview process and after several follow ups, I finally received received a positive (from my perspective) email 2 weeks later that I should have an update with next steps shorlty. After another round of me following up, I received an email a week later that they will not be moving forward with my candidacy. The position, along with several others ( the woman on the phone told me they are greatly expanding again this year) is posted again. :( Really disappointing to be strung along with so much positive communication from their end only to be dropped.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at The Shade Store (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Initial email via Linked in without solicitation. Then phone screen with hiring manager, then FaceTime interview and follow up email with basic computer skills test. The showroom was new and not open yet, they really stress that you have to work weekends (both days) and want to make sure you are committed.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at The Shade Store
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Shade Store (United States) in Jul 2019

Interview

I received an email request for an initial phone interview shortly after submitting an application through the company website. Scheduling is done through an online system so I was able to select the day and time that worked best for me. The phone call was brief – less than 15 minutes – with very general questions. The HR Rep was friendly and we ended the call with her stating she would check with showrooms in my area to see if there were any openings. I followed up a week later but was told there are no available positions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself What attracted you to the job? Which showroom location are you interested in working at? What are your salary expectations?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Chicago, IL) in Dec 2018

Interview

The interview process was structured and thorough. They really want to make sure you are a good fit for the company culture and dive into your resume to see how past work experience relates.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you looking to change industries to interior design?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at The Shade Store (New York, NY) in Nov 2018

Interview

The interview was very friendly, more like a conversation. I was learning about the company, it's history and details about the position I was applying for. The recruiter was learning more about me, my current position and daily responsibilities.

Interview Questions
  • Why am I leaving my current job/ Why would I like to work at The Shade Store.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (United States) in Nov 2018

Interview

Very tedious. Each round of interviews they ask the exact same questions. Did an online interview where they ask math problems, and then drove 160 miles round trip to their HQ to be asked the same questions from the first 2 interviews only to find out via email that they went with someone else.

Interview Questions
  • Talk me through working with a difficult customer situation. How would you handle an unsatisfied customer
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Shade Store (New York, NY) in Nov 2018

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Lots of interest about dealing with problems. Team work is very important to touch on. Also long hours at retail locations. You are required to work every Saturday and Sunday.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Shade Store (Phoenix, AZ) in Jul 2018

Interview

There was a phone interview with one person and then a Skype interview with someone at Corporate. After that, there was also a pretty lengthy skills test which was presented asking how you would answer a client's email request for information and other behavioral type questions.

Interview Questions
  • Skills test asked which is more important: You are in the store by yourself and on the phone with a client. Another client walks in. Who do you address?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 51