Timken Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Timken Analyst Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a Timken recruiter who gave me a short phone interview. The next day I was told the hiring managers were interested in an on site interview and I was emailed an agenda for a series of interviews. I had 4 interviews, 3 of those being one-on-one and 1 being a panel. I thought the interviews went great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. As quick as the interviews were set up and as smooth as the process went I had a very positive experience until it came to after the interview. It has been well over a month and I have never heard anything back from them. Not an email, phone call, letter or anything. The position is listed on their website as being filled and that's it. As much time as I spent with all of the interviews I thought I at least deserved a rejection of some sort instead of never hearing from them again.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Timken

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Timken (Canton, OH) in April 2010.

Interview

They use a set of canned questions and a panel grades you on your response. Like "tell me about a time when you made a mistake at your previous employer, what did you do to fix it?", or "tell me about a time when you disagreed with a coworker, what steps did you take to get them to leave you alone?". The BEST scores are generally for presenting your answer in a logical way. Presentation can weigh more than content. They are more impressed with your speaking skills than your actual answers.
    The average worker is a 50+ white male, born within 20 miles of Canton Ohio, willing to work 50 hours a week forever (theres not much to do in Canton anyway).
    This company has WAAAAY too many meetings. I probably averaged 24 hours of meetings per week, including some 8 hour staight ones. Upper management has nothing to do all day, so they schedule meetings to look like they are busy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you did that was wrong, and then how did you fix it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Nothing tough as the managers doesn't possess any skill or knowledge. So all based on the stupidity and the bad luck one possess , getting into this company is the worst thing that can happen for anyone in life

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

The Interview process was very quick as the hiring manager and the reporting manager had no idea of the technology and as i thought it will be a good scope for learning i joined

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

First is aptitude test containing general time work problems and English questions and 2 rounds of technical interview ( bit tough to crack, you should be through with the concepts) followed by manager round ( general questions regarding your background and Managment skills ) and HR round.

Interview Questions

• Technical question will be scenario based and a bit difficult if u r not through with the concepts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Compensation is good, u dont feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Timken (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
    In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Timken.

Interview

first a phone interview
    second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
    in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

Negotiation

take it or leave it