Tractor Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tractor Supply Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.5

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tractor Supply in November 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview prescreen for the position taking about 20 minutes. After I applied they emailed me to have a phone interview and called within a week. Very casual question and answer session

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Susanville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Susanville, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by store manager by phone about two weeks after applying. Went in for a simple, couple question and general personality interview. After a few days was contacted by assistant manager with a job offer. Went in and set up schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you know about Tractor Supply?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with any sort of farming or ranch type work?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your greatest strengths and opportunities?   1 Answer
    • What do you feel is your greatest opportunity working for Tractor Supply?   1 Answer
    • What does "Legendary Customer Service" mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time when you faced a difficult customer or person; who was being persistent in their efforts? What did you do to solve or calm the situation?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Two interviews and they really stressed to tell them about a personal failure. Both interviewers asked it, the Store manager asked it several times in various ways. The Assistant Store Manager seemed as though he had never done an interview before.

Interview Questions

• Tell us me about a time you failed in a way that embarrassed you in front of your staff?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McCook, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (McCook, NE).

Interview

It was quick and to the point, I was asked several questions then just chatted for a while. It was casual and the manager was easy to talk to and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were the first to take action?   1 Answer

Inspector Interview

Interview

Very friendly and upfront with expectations and responsibilities. A very welcoming environment for questions and answers. Procession of questions and time for small talk made the interview seem comfortable and slow paced.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in varying weather conditions and traffic?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oneonta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Oneonta, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, meeting 1, meeting 2, meeting 3, meeting 4. It was an extensive process and a bit unnecessary. They were all kind and know what they are talking about. If you don't know P&L then this is not a position for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about Tractor Supply?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickerington, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Pickerington, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Choppy asked me like 2 questions and was hired on the spot. Not much communication. I think they would hire anyone. Weather you be a criminal or not or have a drug addiction
    But this would be a good job for a person getting their first job

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guthrie, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Guthrie, OK).

Interview

Very rude Manager. I determined that he was not someone I would care to work with and didn't return his call to come in for a face to face interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Clair, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Saint Clair, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

You have an interview with the store manager. About a week later I had an interview with the district manager. Even though I have a bachelors degree in business management and 15 years experience, they didn't think that was enough. I was offered a team lead position.

Team Lead II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

A huge pain! I had to go to 3 interviews with 3 different managers in 3 different cities. An hour drive one way to get there and one was in another state. It all seems very promising until you get a horribly low ball offer and no negotiation. It's obvious this company milks the new hires and hourly employees to pad the management's pocket .

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were generic, textbook questions. Experience, best customer service story, worst employee situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. I responded to an ad wanting welders, carpenters, and skilled tradesmen. All of which i have. Crafts that aren't cheap, neither is experience, knowledge, and being able to get the customer everything they will need to complete the project or task they are working on. None of this is taken into consideration. They give you a bs offer and say that's set by corporate.