Tractor Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.5

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guthrie, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Guthrie, OK).

Interview

Very rude Manager. I determined that he was not someone I would care to work with and didn't return his call to come in for a face to face interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Clair, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Saint Clair, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

You have an interview with the store manager. About a week later I had an interview with the district manager. Even though I have a bachelors degree in business management and 15 years experience, they didn't think that was enough. I was offered a team lead position.

Team Lead II Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

A huge pain! I had to go to 3 interviews with 3 different managers in 3 different cities. An hour drive one way to get there and one was in another state. It all seems very promising until you get a horribly low ball offer and no negotiation. It's obvious this company milks the new hires and hourly employees to pad the management's pocket .

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were generic, textbook questions. Experience, best customer service story, worst employee situation, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation at all. I responded to an ad wanting welders, carpenters, and skilled tradesmen. All of which i have. Crafts that aren't cheap, neither is experience, knowledge, and being able to get the customer everything they will need to complete the project or task they are working on. None of this is taken into consideration. They give you a bs offer and say that's set by corporate.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porter, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Porter, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Short, did not ask me any questions just told me what my job will be. Made it negative saying how hard the work is and how short staffed they are. The entire interview was maybe two min. max

Shipping Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (New York, NY).

Interview

HR Department was very kind & nice on the interview introducing Tractor Supply Package. It was a long process, which was good to know everything up front. The HR team was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What do I want out of Tractor Supply?   1 Answer

Print Team Lead Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Brentwood, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was 2 hours long. I met with someone every 30 minutes, concluding with the HR recruiter, who reviewed the DISC assessment that I take in advance of the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked many things including my experience, strengths and weaknesses. They asked how I handle conflict. For the most part they thought I had plenty of experience and one person indicated possibly might be overqualified.   1 Answer

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Brentwood, TN).

Interview

1 phone interview. 1 onsite interview one day. 2 onsite interviews on another day

I liked everyone I interviewed with. They all seemed nice and stressed company culture. I really really want the job. I haven't heard back even though they interviewed me 2 months ago. I call once a week for an update. There's still no decision. Overall it's been a negative experience because I really want the job but they never make up their minds as to whether or not they will hire anyone. Overall I recommend interviewing for this company but don't expect a reply back... ever. Can't seem to make up their minds. I wish they wouldn't get my hopes up.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, what are your career goals, why tractor supply, have you ever visited a store before etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marion, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Marion, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Suprisingly the easiest and most relaxed interview I've ever had. It was more of a personality check than the feeling of an interrogation. Suprisingly the easiest and most relaxed interview I've ever had. It was more of a personality check than the feeling of an interrogation.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lapeer, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Lapeer, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

In an internship with TSC, had a first hand look at the day to day processes of TSC. i then applied towards the end of my internship and was interviewed and then hired.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enterprise, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Enterprise, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

Store supervisor contacted me by phone. With minimal (if any) knowledge of my abilities or experiences, I was asked "do you want a job?". The caller never even gave me his name. I thought this was a joke.