Tractor Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tractor Supply Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2018

2.5

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tractor Supply in November 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview prescreen for the position taking about 20 minutes. After I applied they emailed me to have a phone interview and called within a week. Very casual question and answer session

Store Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Hooksett, NH) in October 2017.

Interview

The store manager calls to set up an interview time. After talking with the store manager and answering basic interview questions, if you are a good candidate for the position you will meet with the district manager. They ask similar questions and get to know you a bit more as a person and potential employee.

Interview Questions

• What does exceptional customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Susanville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Susanville, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by store manager by phone about two weeks after applying. Went in for a simple, couple question and general personality interview. After a few days was contacted by assistant manager with a job offer. Went in and set up schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you know about Tractor Supply?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with any sort of farming or ranch type work?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your greatest strengths and opportunities?   1 Answer
    • What do you feel is your greatest opportunity working for Tractor Supply?   1 Answer
    • What does "Legendary Customer Service" mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time when you faced a difficult customer or person; who was being persistent in their efforts? What did you do to solve or calm the situation?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Two interviews and they really stressed to tell them about a personal failure. Both interviewers asked it, the Store manager asked it several times in various ways. The Assistant Store Manager seemed as though he had never done an interview before.

Interview Questions

• Tell us me about a time you failed in a way that embarrassed you in front of your staff?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McCook, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (McCook, NE).

Interview

It was quick and to the point, I was asked several questions then just chatted for a while. It was casual and the manager was easy to talk to and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were the first to take action?   1 Answer

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Brentwood, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the Recruiter, then a phone interview with the Hiring Manager a few days later. About a week after that, I was called to schedule my In-Person interviews. When I interviewed in-person I met with about 6 different people for about 30mins - 1 hour each. They extended an offer to me about a week after the in-person interviews!!

Inspector Interview

Interview

Very friendly and upfront with expectations and responsibilities. A very welcoming environment for questions and answers. Procession of questions and time for small talk made the interview seem comfortable and slow paced.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in varying weather conditions and traffic?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oneonta, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Oneonta, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, meeting 1, meeting 2, meeting 3, meeting 4. It was an extensive process and a bit unnecessary. They were all kind and know what they are talking about. If you don't know P&L then this is not a position for you.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about Tractor Supply?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickerington, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Pickerington, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

Choppy asked me like 2 questions and was hired on the spot. Not much communication. I think they would hire anyone. Weather you be a criminal or not or have a drug addiction
    But this would be a good job for a person getting their first job

Inventory Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Franklin, KY) in May 2017.

Interview

I walked in after being referred by my mother. I interviewed with a woman who was relaxed and casual. She asked me about my experience and education. Within 15 minutes I was offered the job. I had only applied a week or so before. And within a couple of days I came in to do a swab drug test and fill out background check and other paperwork. Started the day after the background check cleared.