Tractor Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Corporate Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Brentwood, TN).

Interview

1 phone interview. 1 onsite interview one day. 2 onsite interviews on another day

I liked everyone I interviewed with. They all seemed nice and stressed company culture. I really really want the job. I haven't heard back even though they interviewed me 2 months ago. I call once a week for an update. There's still no decision. Overall it's been a negative experience because I really want the job but they never make up their minds as to whether or not they will hire anyone. Overall I recommend interviewing for this company but don't expect a reply back... ever. Can't seem to make up their minds. I wish they wouldn't get my hopes up.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, what are your career goals, why tractor supply, have you ever visited a store before etc.   3 Answers

Part Time Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flanders, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Flanders, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Felt nervous, but started to get comfortable, my boss got to know a little bit about me, they were very friendly and reassuring. They seemed really caring and liked my motivation and determination. Went in a few times for one on one meetings and was explained what my job would look like. Very simple and a very personable process.

Interview Questions

• There were a couple questions about real life situations that connected to how they would be handled at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Commerce, GA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interviewing process was over them phone, its lasted around an 30-45 minutes. The district manager seemed distracted while interviewing, I would think you would/could make time to fully focus on my answers as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't a difficult interview just rather aggravating listening to her yell and instruct others while interviewing me.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Store manager is very rude and hateful to all customers and during interview process.First off called me a lier saying the interview was at 1:30 but she clearly told me 1:00. Kept glancing at store security monitor and talking to other person setting in on interview about what store employees were doing. Seemed intimidated by my background, education and experience. The manager does not know what a smile is or did she understand any of my answers to the questions which where all agriculture related. The whole interview process shows me the manager has zero people skills, absolutely no agriculture background and does not belong in this type of retail store.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were irrelevant about working at Tractor Supply   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Chesapeake, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with recruiter by phone, then interviewed with store manager in person, and my last interview was with the district manager in person.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was from the recruiter about my knowledge of a P&L.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply in August 2009.

Interview

Walked into local store and found assistant manager was resigning in 2 weeks. Filled out application and left it with store manager. Was called for interview 1 week later. Interviewed by store manager using structured interview packet. Standard questions re work experience, previous management positions, responsibilities, etc. Questions related to finacials, people, customer service, problem solving, etc. Store manager called a few days later to set up interview with District Manager. More detailed interview with DM. Discussed details of previous employment. Why I wanted to work for company? Future plans...
    DM called 1 week later to set up interview with Regional Manager who conducted phone interview. RM asked same questions and was very non committal. Store manager called 1 week later and offerred me the job. Initial offer was insulting but finally came up to an accepable rate of pay after he talked to the DM. I took a sustantial cut in pay even then but was looking for the better hours and working conditions this job affords.

Interview Questions

• You are called to the register to find an angry customer demanding to speak to a manager about an item she is trying to return. She has no receipt but says she purchased the item a few days earlier and now wants to return it for a cash refund. The cashier has already explained that cash refunds can only be made with original receipt within 30 days of purchase. The item costs $9.50. What would you do? Why?   1 Answer
    • What is the single most controllable expense on the P&L?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation above established pay range. Pay scale is average to slightly below average for this area. I am nearing retirement and am financially secure. Money is not my primary motivation. Hours are favorable to family.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply in October 2008.

Interview

Standardized questions. Had to go through several interviews, including the district manager

Interview Questions

• If you could improve 1 thing about yourself at work, what would that be, and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lockport, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Lockport, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of 4. All stone faced. Stressful from the start. Asked a series of routine questions, eg: Your greatest accomplishment, etc. and some bizarre questions like, how would you handle an employee that didn't talk much, and what would people say about you at your funeral.
    Two of the panel members said nothing and took notes throughout the 45 minute interview.
    I was not offered the position, and frankly, I'm relieved.

Interview Questions

• What would people say about you at your funeral?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anniston, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Anniston, AL) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied online got a call 2 weeks later to schedule interview for that day. Interview was about an hour and was straightforward with what they wanted and expected. Asked questions in regards to experience and skills. Discussed pay and work schedule. Told me he liked me and next step was interview with dm in the mean time he would call my references and let me know asap.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry customer? What did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Applied and interviewed first with the DM then did an interview with a recruiter. No surprise questions. I like the fact they hire people that live the lifestyle.

Interview Questions

• No surprises, as I said it is nice they look for people who live the Out Here Lifestyle.   Answer Question