Tractor Supply Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2018

2.5

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

Very Easy, came in spoke with the manager. He explained what the duties would be and if I could lift heavy objects. He asked if I would be willing to work nights and weekends.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Lakeland, FL) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process is good. Its about 15 mins at the most. Maybe asked like 10 questions at the most. Has your drawer ever short? What would you do if a customer has a complaint? Are you able to lift 50 pounds. Have you ever been in a situation and how do you handle it? I talked about getting in a situation at publix and how i handled it. She was impressed!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Tampa, FL) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter reached out 2 weeks later an interview was scheduled with the DM. Regular retail interview. Focus on customer loyalty and ways to drive sales and retain staff. However be aware if you apply for an unassigned opening the position really does not exist and you will get an offer with compensation for a store manager, if you are not placed within a certain time frame following training your salary will be reduced and you will take a lower position. For this I decided against joining this company. If you are unemployed you may want to chance it. I on the otherhand was not goibg to leave a secured position for training and a promise. Otherwise it seems to be a great company.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tractor Supply in November 2017.

Interview

Quick phone interview prescreen for the position taking about 20 minutes. After I applied they emailed me to have a phone interview and called within a week. Very casual question and answer session

Interview Questions

• What part of HR are you most interested in?   2 Answers
    • What class have you done your best in?   2 Answers
    • What experiences have prepared you for this position?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Susanville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Susanville, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by store manager by phone about two weeks after applying. Went in for a simple, couple question and general personality interview. After a few days was contacted by assistant manager with a job offer. Went in and set up schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you know about Tractor Supply?   1 Answer
    • Do you have experience with any sort of farming or ranch type work?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your greatest strengths and opportunities?   1 Answer
    • What do you feel is your greatest opportunity working for Tractor Supply?   1 Answer
    • What does "Legendary Customer Service" mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Can you think of a time when you faced a difficult customer or person; who was being persistent in their efforts? What did you do to solve or calm the situation?   1 Answer

Store Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Hooksett, NH) in October 2017.

Interview

The store manager calls to set up an interview time. After talking with the store manager and answering basic interview questions, if you are a good candidate for the position you will meet with the district manager. They ask similar questions and get to know you a bit more as a person and potential employee.

Interview Questions

• What does exceptional customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply.

Interview

Two interviews and they really stressed to tell them about a personal failure. Both interviewers asked it, the Store manager asked it several times in various ways. The Assistant Store Manager seemed as though he had never done an interview before.

Interview Questions

• Tell us me about a time you failed in a way that embarrassed you in front of your staff?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McCook, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (McCook, NE).

Interview

It was quick and to the point, I was asked several questions then just chatted for a while. It was casual and the manager was easy to talk to and answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were the first to take action?   1 Answer

Corporate Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tractor Supply (Brentwood, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the Recruiter, then a phone interview with the Hiring Manager a few days later. About a week after that, I was called to schedule my In-Person interviews. When I interviewed in-person I met with about 6 different people for about 30mins - 1 hour each. They extended an offer to me about a week after the in-person interviews!!

Inspector Interview

Interview

Very friendly and upfront with expectations and responsibilities. A very welcoming environment for questions and answers. Procession of questions and time for small talk made the interview seem comfortable and slow paced.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in varying weather conditions and traffic?   1 Answer