Trillium Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trillium Trading Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.5

Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Trading.

Interview

Phone screening interview then in person interview. I was never contacted after my in person interview. Math test and logic/reasoning test. Average interview difficulty. Next step would have been an interview with a trader.

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Trading (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received email right away. Met Cary Grill (Interviewer) and he was very nice. Talked about the markets for while, then took one test that was 5 minutes and one 10 question arithmetic test that took 2 minutes.

Equity Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trillium Trading (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

One on one in career center. He asked questions and I had to take two written tests. One of the tests was pattern based and word problems and the other was strictly mathematical.

Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Trading.

Interview

Met with the interviewer on campus. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions like why trading, do you have experience trading, why your major. But I felt that the interviewer was really easy to get along with and felt that we had a great conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Trading (Miami, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, with personality questions and two timed math tests. Designed to test quick thinking and knowledge about markets. Be sure to know where the major indices are currently marked at and major companies on the NASDAQ/NYSE. Then got the call back to go to Miami and see the office. Normal questions, pretty laid back. Got to see a normal day in the office more or less, took roughly 3.5 hours which was a little lengthy to be honest.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to think quickly on your feet?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Trillium Trading.

Interview

The interview was very intense. I quite frankly did not prepare for it as I should have and it was noticeable in the interview. During the interviw i was asked about the DOWJ and S&P 500 indexes as well as other relevant market information. Being that i wasn't prepared i did not answer the questions with knowledge. I was also given two tests to test my quick thinking and basic math skills. Although i highly doubt i'll get a call back, this was a very helpful interview because it made me realize i need to study more on markets before i try to interview with a trading firm.

Trading Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Trading.

Interview

2 In person interviews. One on campus. One at their office. The one one campus was both technical and fit. 2 written exams were given. Both were mathematically and market focused. Some questions asked your understanding of the markets, and some questions asked simple and complicated probability questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Trading (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Not bad. Both qualitative and quantitative questions. Have to show an interest in the markets. Know where the major indices are at. Two tests (2 min and 5 min) to test knowledge and quick thinking skills (see how you act under pressure), but the questions are easy. Just talked about why trading, why finance. Just show passion.

Second interview, talk to another head trader. More finance and market specific questions. Proability questions. Then sit with a trader to see if you interact well. Basically want to see if you would fit well with them, able to speak and not be nervous, be able to hang and talk and get along

Interview Questions

• Where are the dow, s&p, nasdaq at?
      If you can invest in a company for 40 years, what would it be.
      Why trading? Why Finance?
      1 Answer

Summer Trading Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trillium Trading (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

In the first round, you'll go in and meet the head of hiring, and talk for about 30 minutes. He's incredibly nice. Hell ask you about yourself and why you want to be a trader. You should have knowledge of what's currently going on in the markets. Then you get two tests with 16 questions each, one 2 minutes and one 5 minutes. The questions are all easy on their own, but it's designed to see how you perform under pressure.

In the 2nd round, you meet with the head trader for an entirely qualitative conversation. Then I sat with a trader for about 20-30 minutes. I enjoyed the process, everyone at trillium is friendly and honest.

Interview Questions

• What's moving the markets today? Where are the s&p, Dow, and NASDAQ right now?   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Trillium Trading.

Interview

Head of HR conducts first round interview, then you will sit on the trading floor with an experienced trader and you will also interview with a group manager. Relatively relaxed, informal interviews.