Turbine Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Turbine Interview Questions

2.8

Email Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Turbine (Needham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I spoke on the phone with the head of the email marketing program at Turbine first. It was a good conversation and he was quite informative about the job. I worked with an HR person to schedule a in-person interview. I went in a week later. Turbine is a cool and relaxed place; I felt comfortable. I met with individuals three times and I met with two groups of two. They were friendly and helpful and we had some good conversations about a variety of topics.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle in a team setting?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turbine.

Interview

The environment is very casual. They stressed not to dress up for the interview. You may interview with up to three members of the management team, but they have different questions so no real overlap. You may be asked questions about Lord of the Rings or comics. It is a game company after all.

Interview Questions

• Who do you most relate to in the Fellowship of the Rings?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set rate so no real negotiation.

Concept Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turbine (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was very quick than I expected. The best HR process and the best and the most friendly people I've ever met. They respond fast and properly. They treat their candidates fair and nicely. I had 2 phone interviews (one with HR as usual first phone interviews and next one with art team) and then on-site interview. I was very impressed by all the people I met through the interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about personality and work. Mostly simple questions and some detailed questions about job, position, work process, thought process, etc.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Turbine (Needham, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied to the position via a recommendation from a college guidance counselor. I sent them my resume and cover letter via email. Two weeks later I had an informational phone interview where I asked a bunch of questions. One week after that I had my interview. Three weeks after the interview I received my offer.

I first interviewed with the senior producer and executive producer of the project who were mostly there to give me a better picture what the position would be like and answer any questions I had. The second interview was with the two heads of QA on the team. This one was pretty typical for a formal interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me some interpersonal relations type questions, like what would you do if person A said X while person B said Y depending on what kind of ranking those people had.
      They asked if I was familiar with SCRUM and agile development.
      They asked me to go into detail about the projects I worked on in school.
      Answer Question

Tech Ops Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Turbine.

Interview

Spoke with HR a few times and then had a few phone interviews.
    Was then asked to come in and interview.
    Interviewers mentioned some layoffs and I that should have been my RED FLAG but they offered me the job.
    Most all the work discussed during the interview never came to pass once I was employed there.

Negotiation

Pay and offer was good and/or adequate.

QA Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turbine (Needham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Friendly staff and well-organized interview process.I met with hiring folks from multiple QA departments. I was minorly frustrated that I had clearly applied and expressed interest in QA for a specific product of theirs, and they interviewed me for the e-store as well. Sounded incredibly dry and I wouldn't have any interest in being part of that team.

Interview Questions

• They asked me where I wanted to end up.   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Needham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Turbine (Needham, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I got a call HR for the first phone interview, which she didn't know the exact job description then she mentioned that the company would split that position into two which are junior and senior level however I figured out she didn't know what she was saying after I've talked to 4 different people when I was there on site interview.

HR told me that I would be invited for an on site interview, and would a call from her secretary later that day or the following day at least. I waited for her call, but she didn't then I had to remind HR that I haven't got any invitation yet the following day afternoon. Probably HR's secretary forgot to schedule it which has been a bummer for me. Then she emailed interview time around 5pm, I don't think she would me send me the invitation unless I remind her

Anyway, I showed up the on time, someone took me to the conference room where I was supposed to meet with HR first, but she didn't show up so I waited 30 minutes there alone then somebody finally showed up which he wasn't supposed to according to the iteration.

The technical people who I've talked with seem very cool people, the only weird thing is they never asked me a direct technical question. Most of the questions are related with how am I approaching a problem which I never understood how could they estimate my technical skill by asking those kind of questions.

In addition, HR people do not give me good impression which I wouldn't consider their offer if they would.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Turbine (Framingham, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

You have to interview with at least 4 people on your first interview. First by HR and then by people in the department you're trying for. The second guy who interviewed me told me about his unrequited love interest who worked under him previously. It was creepy.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if a man called in and talked down to you because you're a women"   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Turbine (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was an internal candidate from another WB division interviewing for a job that I was ideally qualified for. The position was very similar to what I do in another division, the job title varied slightly.

I had what I thought was a decent interview, it lasted almost two hours. I promptly sent a follow up Thank you or two to everyone involved, and not a single person responded. HR never responded.

Based off of the questions I was asked and answered, I got the idea that people there were afraid of their merger into the Warner Brothers portfolio. They kept saying how corporate they weren't. I get it. Everyone thinks they're not corporate and can operate without defined policies. Also they seem to be actively avoiding aligning some of their infrastructure with Time Warner's as other divisons do. You are a software company that was about to go out of business so Warner Brothers bought you, guess what, it's coming boys.

I know there are some pretty screwed up divisions at Warner Brothers / Time Warner, but I think this one takes the cake in terms of HR.

If this is how they treat internal candidates, I'm glad I didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult experience you had to deal with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Turbine (Needham, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I got connected to Turbine via a recruiter. They got me in touch with HR and HR got me set up for an initial phone interview with the team's design director. After talking with him, I was asked to fill out their design application. I was flown in for a face-to-face interview with the team (1-3 people at a time). It was interesting meeting the whole team, but it gave me a good chance to know the type of people I'd be working with and the company I'd be working for. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The company offers competitive salaries and good benefits. They also handle moving. There wasn't really much that needed negotiation.