US Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.6

Replenishment Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview that was very informative, then followed by an interview at their corporate offices that was conducted by 2 managers. That interview was more in depth to the job position. The interview lasted about 1 hour. the interview was mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked to tell about a difficult work situation you were in and how you resolved?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, scheduling in person interview with talent acquisition coordinator in Arizona, in person interview. Process was unorganized and in person interviews were not conducted in a great manner. The people doing the interviews were just reading of pieces of paper. Not professional or friendly at all. Would not have accepted the position even if it was offered.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

5 questions
    very informal
    one on one interview
    2nd interview, included a middle manager
    had to wait for background check and drug test to be processed for final decision
    this is a very dysfunction place to work

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Norwich, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Called by HR to schedule an interview with VP. He was cold throughout the interview. Negative and accusatory throughout the questioning. Not someone I would want to work for. I declined to go further in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here?
      Seriously this was the first question asked in the most negative way possible.   Answer Question

Vendor Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the manager to setup an interview. I visited the service center and she asked me questions from a piece of paper. I was then contacted via email by a recruiter for another position with the company. I came in again and we went over the job description and how I'd fit into the role. I sent a follow up email to HR and never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me step by step how you would make a PBJ sandwich.   Answer Question

Load Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

I had a phone interview and they never had the courtesy to update me or respond to my emails. Granted I might not have been their first choice but at least reply to emails and tell a candidate if he's been chosen or not

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Horrible. Passed the HR phone screen, and then one week later I was contacted for a second phone interview with three Senior managers. I was told to use Skype but their company business Skype was blocked by the firewall. Wasted the time testing it out.

During the phone interview, I felt interrogated and was accused of being book smart. The interviewers were unprofessional and challenging the applicant's experience. This is a rare encounter to me as most employers will not want to represent the company badly.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

It took a minute to get a call back but once I was called everything else happened pretty quickly. I was called and asked if I could attend an interview the next day. Once there I waited with 4 other people while HR got themselves together which took longer than expected. We were taken into a room and given a few papers and some basic information about the company and the job. We were told we would be job shadowing that day but that did not happen. After talking with HR we were taken back one by one by the interviewer. Definitely wasn't a typical interview and I have a feeling they were just going through the motions and were already planning to hire us lol. I wasn't really asked much. Since I was the last one interviewed I didn't leave until around 7 or 8pm, I arrived at 4pm. I would suggest that HR and the interviewer communicate because the process HR described to us was different from what actually happened.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buda, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Buda, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for position online on May 10. I was contacted by an internal recruiter on May 18 and scheduled the initial phone screen on May 25. I received an email on June 6 inviting me for a 1-hour in-office interview with the hiring manager on June 12, which consisted of relatively standard questions, and I enjoyed the conversation. I received a call on June 28 from the hiring manager letting me know that they decided to go with an internal candidate, but that he appreciated my time and effort in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Manassas, VA).

Interview

Applied online via indeed. Was contacted by H.R. and asked to come in for an on site interview. Once hired a third party background check and drug test were required before employment.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind working nights with no set finish time   1 Answer