US Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.6

Load Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Interview

I had a phone interview and they never had the courtesy to update me or respond to my emails. Granted I might not have been their first choice but at least reply to emails and tell a candidate if he's been chosen or not

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Horrible. Passed the HR phone screen, and then one week later I was contacted for a second phone interview with three Senior managers. I was told to use Skype but their company business Skype was blocked by the firewall. Wasted the time testing it out.

During the phone interview, I felt interrogated and was accused of being book smart. The interviewers were unprofessional and challenging the applicant's experience. This is a rare encounter to me as most employers will not want to represent the company badly.

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Manassas, VA).

Interview

Applied online via indeed. Was contacted by H.R. and asked to come in for an on site interview. Once hired a third party background check and drug test were required before employment.

Interview Questions

• Did I mind working nights with no set finish time   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Forks, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Grand Forks, ND) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to setup an in person interview. Upon the day of the interview, 30 minutes before the scheduled time, I was contacted by my sister who needed to be picked up at the airport as she was arriving home early from a semester abroad program in Asia and there was literally noone else who could pick her up until hours later. I immediately called the interviewer to alert her of this, apologized and expressed interest to hopefully arrive 30 minutes later than scheduled as the position truly did interest me - I have merchandising and data entry experience. She said this would be fine and out the door I went. 5 minutes later, I received a call from her telling me that she's decided to cancel the interview as she has a meeting after our meeting and can't possibly accommodate me, all in a smug accusatory tone of voice. Perhaps obvious, but she didn't express any interest in rescheduling so I told her I understood and thanked her for the consideration. Very glad I didn't waste my time now considering how monotone and lifeless she sounded on the phone. Most data entry/cs jobs are soul-sucking anyhow so I can empathize. I guess I'll keep my low-paying, but enjoyable non-profit job.

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

Called me after I applied for a face to face interview. Ask pointed questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. They asked about my background and why it would translate well to a sales position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when walking into a restaurant without an account with us?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Orange, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Foods (Port Orange, FL).

Interview

very easy basic questions ultimate decision is left to district manager i interviewed first with district manager then the regional manager and then the vp of sales and the trainer. vp and trainer were a bit intimidating but over all very easy interview.

Interview Questions

• what did you think about the website?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interviews with four different people, conducted over the course of most of one day. Representatives of each department that the position would mostly be dealing with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter read my resume to me over the phone and consistently made errors in translating my experience. She claimed to be a consultant who is very experienced at recruiting. After 30 minutes of talking about herself, she told me that she didn't think they would hire me because I have had too many jobs.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Foods (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process went great, the man who interviewed me was very nice and impressed with how prepared I was about the company. I met them at the Career Fair, and interviewed in person. However, once the process was done they called me and informed me they did not "budget" for an intern, and can't take one. Huge waste of both of our time, very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why US Foods? How would you go about fixing an inefficient process?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through a friend and online. Got a call right away from HR and scheduled a phone screen. During our scheduled time, HR person tells me their department was restructured and another recruiter would be handling this position. Then told me I would definitely get an interview. Never got a call or any communication and just received a rejection email. Awful candidate experience!