US Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Web Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2019.

Interview

First, brief phone screening interview with HR, talked about experiences and classes taken so far. Then, a more technical phone interview where I talked about my experiences again, was asked a few more technical questions. Final round interview on site with the team, asked technical and behavioral questions, and mostly about my past experiences. Another few phone calls (more of an informal interview) and emails after this final in person interview before finally receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• If you were given a task, but you had no previous knowledge about it, what would you do and how would you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Transportation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

Received a call from HR, was asked a few questions about my background, and some management questions. Was informed about the position I applied for, and then asked if I had questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to implement a policy that wasn't popular or favorable.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your transportation background.   Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

I was a remote employee so my multiple interviews were all completed on the phone. I was interviewed by at least four of the managers in the logistics department via telephone. They were all very cordial.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you have completed and how you went about doing it.   Answer Question

Regional Menu Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Portland, OR).

Interview

It was odd. Got call and email to set up phone screen with HR. The interviewer was extremely rushed and sounded like they were reading from a script that Corp comma wrote. Very robotic -not very personable or interested in pleasantries. The audio kept breaking up and I had to keep asking them to repeat themselves. I was told they were using their laptop instead of a phone, causing the issue. Interestingly, the interviewer never once asked me to repeat an answer although the connection was dreadful. It seemed like it didn’t matter what I said because they were just going through the motions for my phone screen. It was not a great impression of a company I thought I wanted to work for.
    I did not expect a call back, or an offer. Nor did I want one.

Interview Questions

• The first questions were about my citizenship and if I needed to be sponsored. That was odd.   Answer Question

Transportation Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Foods in February 2020.

Interview

I had a scheduled phone interview. They called me on time and immediately said my name with no greeting. She eventually then asked how I'm doing, what did I do over the weekend, what am I doing today since I mentioned I had the day off, what is the weather like where you live... after about 10 minutes of elevator talk I tried to lead the conversation toward an actual interview. I explained my experience from my current job and how they directly relate to the position. After I stated what I have done she then went on to tell me what I haven't done related to the job such as disciplining employees which she was treating like a "skill" that is unobtainable even though I have managed many employees as I stated. She continued to be dismissive when I would provide relatable experience to all of her negative feedback and saying "Well you're just not a good fit", "you would never be able to do this job", and many other similar statements that honestly left me a bit speechless because I am a great candidate for the job. The interviewer must have been having a bad day but in the end I personally feel she wasted my opportunity for employment and did not ask a single question about what I can do for the company. It was just phone call of her making small talk for 10 minutes, no personal questions and then her pointing out any "flaws" that she saw based upon the information I presented in which she obviously didn't ask any questions on. There was no assessment given.

Interview Questions

• How is the weather where you live? What did you do this weekend/today? What are you currently doing at home today?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Foods (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2020.

Interview

The process is horribly long 40-60 if your lucky. The 3 person interview panel had no flow to it what so ever! Most of the questions are the same just different verbiage; 30-hour.

From what i gathered the pay and hour needed are not worth it with this job!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with market changes?   1 Answer

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Greenville, SC).

Interview

10 questions asked, then if you pass round one, you will go to round 2 with another set of management. Be sure to remember your answers , some of the same questions will be asked.

Interview Questions

• In your own words what do you think US Foods is all about   Answer Question

Web Applications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in December 2019.

Interview

Initial phone call screen, followed by a call with the team manager and member of HR, followed by an on-site interview. On-site consisted of a tour of the facilities, and then a meeting with a member of the team I applied for.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at US Foods (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I got on a plane and got ghosted.

Everything seemed to go well to start. Phone screener with hiring manager, and interviewed with a few current managers.

Asked to fly from California to Chicago and back (day of) for multiple interviews at corporate office. While I asked for a hotel, it was denied, so I became a bit skeptical, and of course, I also had to use a day of vacation as well.

Aside from the stress of flying 3 hours in each direction in a suit, everything on interview day started out well. Midway through, the hiring manager told me he would no longer be able to walk me out at the end due to an emergency meeting and to let myself out once complete. While I thought this was awkward, I just took the info at face value.

This interview happened in October. I made a request to the recruiter and the hiring manager three weeks after the interview, and made one more after, and have gotten nothing but radio silence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the projects you have worked on in the past?   Answer Question

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me about this job. They scheduled a Skype interview with the hiring manager at US foods. The interview was cancelled 20 minutes before it was supposed to start, due to an "urgent client meeting." Rescheduled. The 2nd attempt at an interview was cancelled 10 minutes before it was supposed to start. The 3rd attempt, I was on Skype at the scheduled time, and the interviewer just didn't show up at all. Again, an "urgent client meeting." I told the recruiter I was done, but they talked me into one more attempt at a Skype call. The person from US Foods finally showed up for this one, although 10 minutes late, and when I said something about being grateful she could finally talk to me after having to reschedule several times, it turned out she didn't even remember cancelling on me. She said she has so many interviews, she can't keep track of which ones get cancelled. After all that, we only talked for ten minutes. I never heard back after that call, but feel like I dodged a bullet. Sounds like a horrible place to work if they have so much disregard for people's time.