US Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth Amboy, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Perth Amboy, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick and i was hired on the spot easy question about your experience and knowledge about the kind of work and interview was litterlely 5minutes but took almost a month before I got a start date

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Foods (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Rob Half set up the interview
    I meet the supervisors at the office
    We went into a room and did the interview
    The interview was average. The interviewers were very nice.
    They wanted to know if you were good will excel.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at US Foods (Lexington, SC) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy - it took 6 months for my 3 interviews

I was quoted a low salary - with 'promises' of high bonuses/incentives/and room for promotion - was told otherwise by employees currently working there - they were acquaintances - all seemed disgruntled - most applying - or already changed to the competition

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL).

Interview

Phone screen with HR then an in person with 2 managers a few days later. The interview questions were read off a piece of paper and my answers were written down verbatim (while I sat silently). Wasn't much of a conversation as it was a 40 min Q&A, I asked them to clarify one of the questions/give it context and they weren't able to elaborate further. I left the interview knowing I wouldn't accept an offer if I received one. This was followed by a call from HR with some comments that were completely inappropriate. Overall, this was my worst interview process experience.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter read my resume to me over the phone and consistently made errors in translating my experience. She claimed to be a consultant who is very experienced at recruiting. After 30 minutes of talking about herself, she told me that she didn't think they would hire me because I have had too many jobs.

Associate Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. I met with 3, two-person teams. All asked me to review my background in full detail and had very specific, sometimes difficult questions. Interview questions overall were relatively generic.

Interview Questions

• Asked a difficult math question and gave me time to work it out.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

The interview process is quick. After interviewing with Managers and Directors (plan for about 5 interviews, lasting around 5 hours), I heard back quickly. Past experience that entails Foodservice will put you ahead, as some of my co-workers came from different industries. Regardless, upper management is open-minded and sees potential.

Interview Questions

• The interview was not difficult, it is just somewhat time-consuming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Painless

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Was sent to wrong building, so was late. interview was with 1 technical lead who didn't seem to know how to conduct an interview. Almost no java questions. He gave me a laptop and asked me to solve a logic problem - it was on his final exam at college; Code a printout for this pattern, should work for any input int (ex: 5):
    X000X
    0X0X0
    00X00
    0X0X0
    X000X
    (I wasn't able to solve it).
    Seemed to be a small onshore development team. I would not have taken the job if offered.

Lead Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

Slow initial communication from HR. Took quite some time from initial contact until getting an interview. Interviews are conducted with 4-6 people including senior leadership, management, and peers. Quick response after interview.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't any unexpected questions. As should be done with any interview, make sure you know at least a few things about the company so that when they ask questions about their business you won't be clueless.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not difficult, compensation was fair. Potential to negotiate more vacation time.

Night Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bismarck, ND

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Bismarck, ND) in March 2013.

Interview

asked very bare bones questions, school,work history, and if there was any job experience. Also i suppose there where other work related questions such as how much i could lift, how prone to injury and accident i was, and if i had used heavy machinery before.

Interview Questions

• do you have previous food knowledge ie. fast food/grocery store.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Simple interview. Started with a call from HR asking about my goals and simple resume questions. Next was a technical phone interview. Ended with a tour of their facilities and some more on site technical interview questions

Interview Questions

• What are the four principles of OOP Design?   1 Answer
    • Describe the four principles of OOP   1 Answer
    • Describe the characteristics of a Set, List, and Hashmap in Java   1 Answer