US Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2017

2.6

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Simple interview. Started with a call from HR asking about my goals and simple resume questions. Next was a technical phone interview. Ended with a tour of their facilities and some more on site technical interview questions

Interview Questions

• What are the four principles of OOP Design?   1 Answer
    • Describe the four principles of OOP   1 Answer
    • Describe the characteristics of a Set, List, and Hashmap in Java   1 Answer

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at the headquarters in Rosemont, IL. The interview process took around 4-5 weeks. The process included a series of emails telling me that the team had selected my resume to move on. I was invited to interview at the headquarters in Rosemont. The interview consisted of a presentation, then two 45-minute interviews with different panels of four interviewers. Everyone was really nice and made me feel very welcomed. The process was very professional, I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about this position and what separates you from other candidates?   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight-forward with typical behavioral-based questions asked by a panel interview. Due to scheduling conflicts, I had to have a follow up interview with the Area President a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were not successful on a project and you had to adjust your processes to better accommodate the customer   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth Amboy, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Perth Amboy, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview was quick and i was hired on the spot easy question about your experience and knowledge about the kind of work and interview was litterlely 5minutes but took almost a month before I got a start date

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL).

Interview

Phone screen with HR then an in person with 2 managers a few days later. The interview questions were read off a piece of paper and my answers were written down verbatim (while I sat silently). Wasn't much of a conversation as it was a 40 min Q&A, I asked them to clarify one of the questions/give it context and they weren't able to elaborate further. I left the interview knowing I wouldn't accept an offer if I received one. This was followed by a call from HR with some comments that were completely inappropriate. Overall, this was my worst interview process experience.

Replenishment Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview that was very informative, then followed by an interview at their corporate offices that was conducted by 2 managers. That interview was more in depth to the job position. The interview lasted about 1 hour. the interview was mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked to tell about a difficult work situation you were in and how you resolved?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, scheduling in person interview with talent acquisition coordinator in Arizona, in person interview. Process was unorganized and in person interviews were not conducted in a great manner. The people doing the interviews were just reading of pieces of paper. Not professional or friendly at all. Would not have accepted the position even if it was offered.

Purchasing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

5 questions
    very informal
    one on one interview
    2nd interview, included a middle manager
    had to wait for background check and drug test to be processed for final decision
    this is a very dysfunction place to work

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Norwich, CT) in July 2017.

Interview

Called by HR to schedule an interview with VP. He was cold throughout the interview. Negative and accusatory throughout the questioning. Not someone I would want to work for. I declined to go further in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here?
      Seriously this was the first question asked in the most negative way possible.   Answer Question

Vendor Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the manager to setup an interview. I visited the service center and she asked me questions from a piece of paper. I was then contacted via email by a recruiter for another position with the company. I came in again and we went over the job description and how I'd fit into the role. I sent a follow up email to HR and never heard back from them again.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me step by step how you would make a PBJ sandwich.   Answer Question