US Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

US Foods Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.6

Director Interview

Interview

Submitted resume through a friend and online. Got a call right away from HR and scheduled a phone screen. During our scheduled time, HR person tells me their department was restructured and another recruiter would be handling this position. Then told me I would definitely get an interview. Never got a call or any communication and just received a rejection email. Awful candidate experience!

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Daytona Beach, FL).

Interview

brief phone interview. initial hiring manager interview. drug screen. secondary interview. the 1 on 1 was very casual. manager was actually late. common hiring questions. interview process was simple and short.

IT BA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Specific behavioral questions.
    Nothing technical and only pertaining to the things mentioned in the description and online description of the job. Had two rounds which lasted for 45 mins each

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview...had one the next day (a Friday) and was offered the position the following Monday. The two that interviewed me were VERY nice and made me feel very comfortable. Great experience (especially coming from someone who gets nervous during interviews)

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experience prepares you for this role?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator- National Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods.

Interview

I met with 2 managers for about 30-35 minutes, who were 15 minutes late meeting with me. They then wanted me to meet with another manager who was going to be ready to meet with me in "5" minutes. The "5" minutes turned into 30 minutes. I met with the other manager who was new to the organization. He had 2 of his team members meet with me and explain what their job is. It had nothing to do with the position I applied for. I felt as though they didn't respect my time so I passed on the job offer.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask questions.. They went over my resume with me and explained what the
      job responsibilities were.
      Answer Question

I felt as though they didn't respect my time because they had me waiting for just as long as I met with the managers, if not longer, and they had me interview with a manager that had nothing to do with the position I applied for.

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at US Foods (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

I am writing this, because of a lot of reviews do not have details I was looking for. While I was waiting with my fingers crossed if i got the job or not. I truly hopes this helps you. And gives you a timeframe to go by.

I applied via USFoods website on Nov 23.

Recieved email Nov 28 for better description of job. And a short Video.

Recieved Email Nov 29th with a variety of days and times to set up Interview.

I selected December 5.

It was a evening time interview. They said to schedule 2 hours for. Ours went 3 hours.

It was me and 2 other gentlemen. I was not informed it was going to be group interview.

First manager comes in and gets a feel for us and our backgrounds. Believe he was dayshift.

Second manager comes in. He has a basic interview sheet with questions for all three of us to answer. (I didnt care for this format because of the ability to copy.)

I volunteered to answer questions first. I took initiative ,And midway thru it, could tell the other two were copying answers. Manager caught it as well, and pointed it out.

Laid back atmosphere. Manager did a great job setting off the stress of the interview process.

Next we are taken into a room to watch 4 short videos. (1 of them was the original they emailed you).
    Next he had us put on steel toe clip ons. To walk the floor. In dry, refrigerated, and freezer. (He was doing this to see each of our reactions. No warning before interview of going into freezer. Its -10 degres. But, I had worn a long sleave under my polo shirt). I guessed that with them doing a 2 hour interview process it would include a tour. Even thou ours ran 3 hours.

After the walk thru, we were informed we would hear from them in a week. (I asked).

That was a Monday. I didnt wait long. I was emailed Thursday and called to be informed I was getting a offer. I had to log in, and consent to a background check.

They use "HireRight". Not the best, considering reputation. Form asked for social, addresss of past 3 years, and criminal history 7 years. Filled that out.

Next day, Friday...(still in same week as my interview), I was emailed a drug test request thru Labcorp. Gave me til "13th" to complete. So I could have waited until Tuesday.

I did not wait. I went and had drug test, within a hour of getting email.

Since I did Background on Thursday, Drug test(urine) on friday. Figured it would be Monday before I would hear anything.

Important note: Backgrounds are different for everyone. So really depends on what they request of the company to check. On how long it takes.

I believe with mine. It was just a criminal check. And that they had done employment and education, before they offered interview. This is a guess.

I was Emailed Monday. 1 week from my interview. With confirmation of the job. Had to fill out a few forms ... I9,attendence,benefits

Informed I would have orientation the following Sunday. And the next Monday would be my start date.

I got extremely lucky, with how fast it went. I applied Nov 23rd. Recieved confirmation of getting the job. Dec 12. With a orientation on Dec 18. Start date of Dec 19.

I hope I answered any questions you had about the interview(hire) process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions. Nothing difficult. Mostly about experience and safety.   Answer Question

Category Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Rosemont, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call a few days later. Spoke with a internal recruiter for about an hour and was told I would hear from them in the week. Actually heard from them next day and set a time to go in and interview. Interview was at first scheduled with 3 managers. One had to pull out at last minute, but the other two were very nice. They asked a lot of standard questions. We talked about scenario's, my past employment opportunities and what had led me to US Foods. Overall, it was a very enjoyable process. I was confident that I was easily qualified for the position and by the end of the interview, I knew I would get an offer. They wanted me to meet a few more people, but it was later in the day and they were all in meetings. HR called me the next day and I actually set up a phone interview with another manager. This guy was great. Talked with him for over an hour and was really informal. He let me know I was already in consideration, but he wanted to get a feel for me. So we talked about all kinds of stuff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed to meet a customers deadline and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Truck/Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Norcross, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Smooth very informal. The interview process was a more of a personality check to see what type of person you were. Then came the road test. I have a CDL but I only drove an automatic with my previous company, I had a little training on the stick but not much. On the road test he could tell but he kept saying you're trainable so after the test he offered me the postion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did negotiate and he was able to offer me more then what I was expecting.

Night Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at US Foods (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applie on a Wednesday. Received a call the next night to come in for an interview. Was walked through the warehouse and shown what I would be doing on a daily basis. Went to the office after the tour and answered basic interview questions about work history and ability to handle woekload.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had a disagreement with a supervisor and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a safety incident and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay is 13.87. Goes up to 21.65 immediately after you hit 100% productivity. All the way up to 24.67 with incentive bonuses.

Order Selecter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at US Foods (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

Very Easy. Now, I know why. I had the job before I entered the interview. Management needs alot of improvement. I know that my job is secured & that if I can handle this harassment.