Union Pacific Operations Management Training Program - Transportation Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Transportation Manager - Operations Management Training Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

applied online, got one interview but they chose someone else

Interview Questions

• How did you plan your college experience to become Transportation Manager ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Union Pacific

Transportation Manager - Operations Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruitment begins with applying online. If accepted, a hiring session invitatiion will be posted on your application status followed by a phone call a few days prior to the hiring invitation. The hiring session includes a brief presentation about the company's mission and details of the job. The applicant then takes a series of written tests and the final step is an interview with the hiring individual.

Interview Questions

• none... interview included the basic leadership and management questions   Answer Question

An offer is not made until the test scores are completed and the applicant means the required scores

Operations Management Training Program - Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Union Pacific (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to a hiring event about a week after the job posting closed. I was notified by e-mail to check my applicant status on the UP website. I was asked to chose a location to attend for the hiring event, which was not very close to where I live. The closest was in San Antonio, TX so I had to drive down from Dallas.

There were 13 candidates at the session. The session began promptly at 8 am with a safety brief from the UP HR rep. There was only one rep at the event, not 3 or 4 as others have mentioned. We began with the Ops Management test which took about 3 hours. The test wasn't too difficult but it wasn't too easy either. After the 45 question analysis/logical reasoning portion the HR rep began interviewing us one by one while we completed the remaining personality profile sections of the test.

We were informed that it would take about a week to find out if we passed the test and that if we were selected for second round interviews we would be flown to either California, Nebraska, or Texas for the interview. Apparently the training class will begin in about 6 weeks so it seems that this is a rather quick process.

There was no offer made at this session because we have to wait to advance to the next round. Overall this was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were similar to the ones that other people have listed. I guess the one that stumped me the most was about using quality control procedures in previous jobs because I haven't had any real experience with that. The interviewer said that if I didn't feel comfortable with a particular question he would skip it and give me another one, which he did.   Answer Question